blankieTopic starter

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Freddie Mercury is making a Michael Jackson-style comeback – by releasing a new album from beyond the grave.

The Queen frontman, who died from an Aids-related illness in 1991 aged 45, will be heard on new songs created by the band and overlaid with his digitally mastered voice.

Guitarist Brian May and bandmate Roger Taylor have restored demos from the 1980s that featured Mercury’s vocals and updated them with fresh instrumentation.

‘It is quite emotional. It is the big, big ballads and it’s the big, big epic sound,’ said May about the sound of the album, rumoured to be titled Queen Forever.

‘We had to start from scratch because we only had scraps.

‘But knowing how it would have happened if we had finished it, I can sit there and make it happen with modern technology,’ he told BBC Radio Wales.

It may be released in time for the Christmas market this year.

Meanwhile, drummer Taylor has discussed how the pair uncovered forgotten tracks Mercury created with Michael Jackson, whose own latest posthumous album, Xscape, topped the British album charts last week.

‘Brian especially has been active working on a couple of tracks that Freddie did with Michael Jackson,’ Taylor told Classic Rock magazine.

‘They’ve been hanging around for years and Michael’s estate haven’t really been able to make their mind up about what to do with them. So we suggested we finish them and see. They’re pretty good – one of them is great,’

Taylor revealed. It is unclear if the tracks will feature on the upcoming record.

Queen, who formed in 1970, enjoyed enormous hits with Mercury including Bohemian Rhapsody and We Are The Champions. They have continued to record since his death with guest vocalists including Robbie Williams.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

RK

I can't wait to hear these three songs.

Three songs recorded by The King and Queen of Pop to see an official release.

The fruits of Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson’s 1983 recording session are to be released in two months’ time, according to Queen guitarist Brian May.

The Queen frontman worked with Jackson worked together 30 years ago in California but only completed three tracks together. Queen’s former manager Jim ‘Miami’ Beach recently said that the pair fell out after Jackson brought a llama into the studio.

“Mercury rang me and said: ‘Miami, dear, can you get over here? You’ve got to get me out of here, I’m recording with a llama’,” explained Beach. [via NME]

LMAO. Seriously...I have tears at the thought of Freddie freaking out about a llama in the studio with him. (personally, I would love it. They make some amazing and crazy sounds too)

I read that Freddie really loved his pet cats. The llama incident must have been a first for him.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hi, don't post here very often at all but keep popping in to see what's going on  :icon_e_smile:

Can't see any mention of this so hope it hasn't already been posted.  Freddy Mercury and Michael Jackson song
"There must be more to life than this"

Hope it works!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sue

curls

Initial impression - bit disappointed I have to say, I don't think the mix is right at all.  MJ's voice, in his solo bit especially, sounds weak and immature and he gets all the lines that don't scan properly!  FM's voice, in stark contrast, is powerful and dominant, and Brian May's guitar just rocks ... as always!  JMO
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

just going to throw this in here because i don't know where anything fits these days.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal