PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Witness: Murray gave Jackson 40 times more of the drug than he told police

Dr. Conrad Murray probably gave Michael Jackson 40 times more of the surgical anesthetic than he admitted to police, and left the drug running into the singer's veins even as his heart stopped beating, a leading expert on the drug testified Thursday.

The testimony of anesthesiologist Steven Shafer is the most direct refutation yet of Murray's account of what happened in the hours leading up to his famous patient's death.

Shafer, a Columbia University professor, said mathematical modeling based on levels of the drug found posthumously in Jackson's body debunked Murray's statement that he gave only a single 25-milligram dose of the drug shortly before Jackson's death.

The only plausible scenario he found, Shafer said, was that the physician gave as a drip an entire bottle of propofol, containing 1,000 milligrams of the drug, and never realized Jackson stopped breathing.

"Is this the explanation that best fits all the data in this case?" Deputy Dist. Atty. David Walgren asked.

"This fits all the data in this case and I am not aware of a single piece of data that is inconsistent," Shafer said.

Shafer, the prosecution's final and main medical witness, is in his third day of testimony. He said his calculations ruled out any possibility that Jackson injected himself with the drug.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

OMG! 40 times more?? WOW! I wonder what it will happen..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
I wish they'd make up their minds....this is like mental tennis.

First it's in the "therapeutic range"....now it's "40 times more"...first it's the little bottle of propofol, now it's the big bottle....first it was ingested....now it was injected....his belly was full of propofol....then there was only trace amounts...

Jesus Christmas make up your minds!
 :-X ::)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
But there were other drugs found in MJ so the combination of all drugs could of killed him, so that means Murray could of still being correct about how much propofol he gave MJ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

curls

From what I understood, Shafer was saying that the levels found at autopsy were too high to have been caused by the (small) amounts Murray says he gave MJ.  So he did all those graphs to show how much would've had to have been given to match with the autopsy results.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

How about he had no propofol in his body? Remember guys Michael is alive.. So I wonder who had all this propofol in his system??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

curls

How about he had no propofol in his body? Remember guys Michael is alive.. So I wonder who had all this propofol in his system??

Haha, yes I know that all4love - just talking hypothetically!  I don't actually think anyone had any propofol in their system. I think the autopsy report is a piece of fiction and if Murray did actually buy 4 gallons of propofol and had them shipped to a residential address, it was to prove that it can be done - and easily. It wasn't to use it to get MJ to sleep - every night for over two months!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Let me just shoot an arrow in the dark here (I hope I don't hit anyone) :?

What if Propofol is a new form of Euthanasia?

I know they keep referencing it in terms of a new treatment for chronic insomnia/sleep disorder, but what about the flip side of it?

....just consider this for a moment...physician assisted suicide is hotly debated in the medical and social community. Does a person have the right to take their own life for medical personal reasons? (think of this argument in layers)

Now, I'm not saying Michael committed suicide (far from it), however if you think about media articles that came out before "his death" that claimed "he was suicidal...he had 6 months to live... he was terminally ill...etc..." and those articles were a set up by Michael, it's not that big a leap to connect the theory of doctor assisted suicide.

"Michael drank the Propofol himself" while Murray left the room...(subtext; this is what "he" wanted)

But hoaxing aside....Propofol is a real drug --->Seemingly harmless unless used outside it's intended use (think assisted suicide again). Every doctor who has testified has admitted Propofol can cause death if unmonitered.

The amounts of Propofol used, how it was ingestion/admistered etc...is kind of irrelevant...because if Michael Jackson is alive and well, but someone else did die in his place and Murray was the assisted suicide facilitator DOES THAT STILL MAKE HIM GUILTY of MANSLAUGHTER? suspicious//

/judge/

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

The "40" immediately made me think of Thriller lyrics...

"There ain't no second chance against the thing with 40 eyes"

"The funk of 40 thousand years"

Murrays is innocent "unless you change that number on your dial" (Shafer accusing Murray of lying about the amount of propofol).

We are witnessing Thriller II.

p.s. I was reading the Thriller lyrics and it took me forever to read because I literally cannot do it without Michael singing it in my head, LOL.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The "40" immediately made me think of Thriller lyrics...

"There ain't no second chance against the thing with 40 eyes"

"The funk of 40 thousand years"

Murrays is innocent "unless you change that number on your dial" (Shafer accusing Murray of lying about the amount of propofol).

We are witnessing Thriller II.

p.s. I was reading the Thriller lyrics and it took me forever to read because I literally cannot do it without Michael singing it in my head, LOL.

For forty days and for forty nights The law was on her side

:D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Did the trial officially start on September 26th? (if you include jury selection/trial motions)
...cause if it did...40 days would be NOVEMBER 5th afraid/
Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 04:16:48 PM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Did the trial officially start on September 26th? (if you include jury selection/trial motions)
...cause if it did...40 days would be NOVEMBER 5th afraid/

Here we go again. :lol: Very nice catch Snoopy.  /bravo/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions