Dr. Katz
October 21, 2011, 04:49:57 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Dr. Stanley Katz

When I thought that nothing could surprise me any longer in this Feldman-Katz-Arvizo case their story suddenly made a new twist and revealed a stunning fact that Dr. Katz had access to BOTH sides of the case as he had two patients who were directly involved in it but represented the opposite parties!

The first one was Gavin Arvizo and his family with whom Dr. Katz had at least eight interviews, and the second one was the doctor’s long time patient who was an investigator working for Michael’s first lead defense attorney Mark Gragoros (the one who was later replaced by Thomas Mesereau). The name of the investigator is Bradley Miller and he is the one who was making a rebuttal video with the boy.

When Thomas Mesereau cross-examined Dr. Katz he mostly focused on his contacts with investigator Bradley Miller in the context of Tom Sneddon’s raid of the investigator’s office. It was through Dr. Katz that Tom Sneddon could have learned that Bradley Miller was part of the defense team and therefore had no right to raid his office.

The search of a private investigator’s office would have been illegal had Mr. Sneddon known, or had reason to know, that the investigator worked for Mr. Jackson’s attorney.

Mr. Sneddon’s concession capped his four hours of testimony, given under the watchful eye of Mr. Jackson. In an odd twist in this case, the veteran prosecutor was grilled while the accused sat back and watched.

“I’m asking whether your office knew, or had reason to know that Brad Miller worked for Geragos when you broke into his office,” Mr. Mesereau prodded.

“I wouldn’t characterize it as a break-in,” Mr. Sneddon snapped.  (Jackson team goes on offense August 17, 2004)

The importance of this factor is explained by Mark Wittenberg & Willy Gijsman in their Neverland news bulletin who say that:

“by raiding the Private Investigator’s office from the Michael Jackson attorneys, Sneddon was able to view Michael Jackson’s defence evidence. After doing so, Sneddon took his case to a secret grand jury where he added and got rid of several charges against Michael Jackson”.
So this was another of those numerous breaches of law by Tom Sneddon. However what interested me most in this Katz-Miller connection is that Dr. Katz turned out to be a sort of a guy who got information from both parties and while having therapy sessions with Bradley Miller never disclosed to him that he was the psychologist working with Gavin Arvizo – even when the investigator asked him about it point-blank. As to what information he extracted from Bradley, and what he discussed with the Arvizos, or to whom he could pass it over we can only guess…

The Santa Barbara News Archive tells us the big news:

One of the details [of Dr. Katz’ testimony] was the surprising news that the young accuser and private investigator Bradley Miller are both therapy patients of Dr. Stan Katz. He testified that when Mr. Miller asked him, he could not acknowledge that the young accuser was also his patient because of doctor-patient privilege.

(Strategy is supreme in Jackson hearing, August 25, 2004 )

CNN says the surprising news was disclosed at pretrial hearings:

Katz testified Tuesday on the second day of a pretrial hearing in the case that the first time he had heard of the investigator, Bradley Miller, was in a meeting with Feldman in June 2003.

“He just mentioned that an investigator named Brad Miller had made a videotape of the minor children,” Katz said in response to a question from Oxman.

He said the next time he had heard Miller’s name was in news stories about a break-in at the investigator’s office.

Oxman then dropped a bombshell.

“Bradley Miller is a very special patient of yours, isn’t he, Dr. Katz?” Oxman asked.

Katz claimed doctor-patient privilege and said he could not discuss his patients. Santa Barbara Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville backed up Katz’s assertion.

Katz then admitted that he knew Miller because he had worked on family law cases with the investigator. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The Santa Barbara News Archive says that Brian Oxman had to pay $1000 for the audacity to ask questions breaking the doctor-patient privilege:

During the often testy exchange between Dr. Katz and defense co-counsel Brian Oxman, the psychologist testified that the boy told him about a videotaped interview that involved Mr. Miller.

When asked by Mr. Oxman, the psychologist repeatedly denied ever hearing Mr. Miller’s name.

But Mr. Oxman said, “Bradley Miller is a very special client of yours, isn’t he, Dr. Katz?”

When Dr. Katz indicated he couldn’t talk about his clients, Mr. Oxman continued: “Bradley Miller is a patient of his and has been for several years.”

Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville repeatedly warned the defense lawyer not to step into areas protected by doctor-patient confidentiality. But Mr. Oxman persisted, and Judge Melville fined him $1,000.

Dr. Katz repeatedly refused to answer Mr. Oxman’s questions about whether he had seen Mr. Miller after he initially saw the boy and before the raid. Mr. Oxman asked him about when he ran into Mr. Miller on the street after the November raid. When Mr. Miller asked his psychologist if he was seeing the boy in the case, Dr. Katz testified that he said he couldn’t tell him.

(Jackson’s accuser, gumshoe may share psychologist, by DAWN HOBBS  August 18, 2004)

What is disturbing about Dr. Katz is that Bradley Miller most probably confided in his doctor during the therapy sessions and we cannot be sure at all that he didn’t break their doctor-patient confidentiality when talking to the prosecution or Larry Feldman (for example).

Roger Friedman is summing up the story of Dr. Stanley Katz who turned out to be virtually everyone’s friend in the 2003/05 case and was in direct contact with all its key players – Larry Feldman, the prosecutors, Gavin Arvizo and his siblings on the one side and Bradley Miller, investigator for Michael Jackson on the other side.

Mind it that all those guys knew of Bradley Miller while Bradley Miller didn’t know of them – and all this due to the mysterious Dr. Katz. And if we recall that this expert was involved in the 1993 case too the mystery of Dr. Katz will become even more mysterious than ever….

Jacko’s Private Eye, Accuser Shared Shrink

Friday, August 20, 2004   By Roger Friedman

Sneddon has already been grilled over whether or not he understood before last November’s Neverland raid that private eye Bradley Miller worked not for Jackson, but for his then-attorney Mark Geragos.

My sources say he did know — and seized materials from Miller’s Los Angeles office anyway. Judge Rodney Melville may conclude that those materials are privileged and cannot be part of Sneddon’s case.

But now I am told that Miller has another twist for the prosecution.

For some eight or nine years, ending in 2003, Miller – like practically everyone else in L.A. – saw a psychologist on a regular basis to discuss his personal and business problems.

It turns out that the shrink in question is Stan J. Katz, the same psychologist who filed the report on Jackson’s 12-year-old accuser in May 2003 — and the same one who in 1993 also filed the report on Jacko’s first accuser (I think that Dr. Katz involvement was a different one).

Miller has told friends that Katz knew he worked for Geragos, and even asked if he could be introduced to Winona Ryder, another Geragos client. Miller declined. But Miller almost certainly discussed the Jackson case with Katz under the tenets of doctor-patient privilege.

When Katz was revealed as the current accuser’s therapist, Miller was said to have been shocked.

“He told Katz, ‘I can’t believe you’re the therapist involved,’” says a source.

This revelation could be construed as a conflict of interest for Katz and may open the door to questions about his involvement in the Jackson case.

So Roger Friedman is also amazed how terribly interwoven the main players in this never-ending 1993-2005 molestation story are – the same lawyer, the same expert doctor (working for both sides), the same prosecutor, the same everything…

The only mistake Roger Friedman made here is that it wasn’t Dr. Katz who reported the first case to the authorities – it was Dr. Abrams, who after initially contacting the DCFS in 1993 never had a chance to return to the case and find out whether Jordan Chandler had or hadn’t been coached.  On December 12 2003, CBS News reports Dr. Abrams said:

“I think that this [children changing their stories] is a possibility in both cases, that there could be coaching, but, again, I wasn’t given the opportunity in the initial one to even try to find out”

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login–bullet-113.html

He wasn’t given a chance to even try to find out? Wasn’t it the most natural thing to do for the investigation team to have the psychiatrist compare what Jordan Chandler said in his initial interview with what he said in the end - to analyze and check whether it was consistent with what he had said before? But no, someone thought it necessary to keep Dr. Abrams out of the case and replace him with the mysterious Dr. Katz who seemed to pop up every time some accusations against Michael Jackson emerged.

There is so much secrecy about the man that even the nosy Diane Dimond didn’t know about Dr. Katz’ involvement in the 1993 case (or pretended she didn’t know):

Diane Dimond said on Court TV’s Crier Live (March 22 2004):

“This Dr. Katz who is the one who had several sessions with the boy [Gavin] and then went to the district attorney…I keep hearing reporters over and over say ‘oh well, you know, that’s the same psychologist or psychiatrist that did the first accuser [Jordan Chandler], and you know they got the same lawyer’. Not true. Not true”.
Well, during an interview with Santa Barbara County police Dr. Katz admitted it himself that he was involved in both cases (and Larry Feldman confirmed it in his 2005 testimony too). According to the Santa Barbara investigation documents, Katz said about the 1993 case:

“I actually do know about that case… I worked on that one too”.
Noticing strange coincidences in the 1993 and 2003 cases and the fact that Larry Feldman and Dr. Katz seem to be inseparable when it comes to accusing Michael Jackson of horrendous crimes, the MJEOL site says:

“…the first accuser saw Dr. Katz once the first accusing family switched lawyers: going from Rothman to Feldman. In comes civil attorney Feldman and he brings in Dr. Katz. Similar to the first case, in comes Feldman, who brings in Dr. Katz, and magically we have molestation allegations. Remember, there were never any allegations of molestation until Feldman and Katz enter the picture. Feldman has also since admitted to paying the doctor bills for the sessions of therapy given by Katz for this current [Arvizo] accuser. Like in the 93 case, as Katz admits, this second case also involved him and was a result of a civil suit Feldman was going to file.”

The MJEOL site also makes an excellent point about the root for the ‘similarities’ in the accusers’ allegations in 1993 and 2003 – it could be the result of Larry Feldman’s convenient leak of Jordan Chandler’s declaration just in time for Gavin Arvizo to pick up a few ideas from it:

“Dimond also says, at the very end of the Jackson segment on Crier Live, that the two accusers’ stories are “very, very similar. If the “stories” were similar, it would not be a shock considering that thesmokinggun.com posted the first accusers entire unproven declaration online for the entire world to read, download, and draw from. All of the 93 accusations are in black and white, for anyone to see.

So it wouldn’t be shocking at all if the accuser or his mother pulled ideas from that declaration. Dimond, to no surprise, does not even mention the availability of the first accuser’s declaration as a possible reason why there would be similarities between this case and the previous one”.  Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login–bullet-113.html

We cannot guarantee that Gavin Arvizo studied Jordan Chandler’s declaration in order to make similar allegations (though I think he did), but what we can be sure of is that in May 2003 he was already well aware of Jordan Chandler’s case. Considering that he was a baby at the time of the 1993 events he couldn’t remember the information himself, so someone must have enlightened him about it.

The Smoking Gun says:

“It was during these sessions that the older boy surprisingly revealed that he was aware that Jackson had faced prior child abuse allegations.

Katz told Det. Paul Zelis [Santa Barbara sheriff’s investigator], that it took a lot of time to get the older boy to trust him, noting that he was aided by the child’s mother, who “had to really spell out” that the psychologist was “helping us, working for us.”

Katz told Zelis that he assured the child he was doing the right thing by relating his experiences at Neverland Ranch. “We talked all about how courageous this was,” Katz told Zelis, “and I said to him, ‘You know, you don’t want Jackson to do these things to kids again, do you?’”

Katz recalled that the boy responded, “Well, Jordy Chandler did not stop him.”

A Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Department report of Zelis’s June 2003 interview with Katz, which The Smoking Gun has reviewed, does not address how the boy knew of the Chandler case or whether he had discussed the 1993 matter with his mother, whom Mesereau has branded the grifting mastermind of her children’s abuse tales.

The woman has claimed that she first learned that her son was molested by Jackson on September 30, 2003, when several investigators, including District Attorney Tom Sneddon, broke the news to her during a meeting at an L.A. hotel. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It doesn’t surprise me to hear that Janet Arvizo said she learnt of ‘molestation’ in September 2003 only – though she had already said it to Larry Feldman and Dr. Katz in May the same year – Janet is surely a serious mental case. But all this Arvizo business is so confusing even without her that we need to sum up a few things before they turn into a complete mess:

On February 6, 2003 (which was the same day Bashir’s film aired in the US!) Jordan Chandler’s declaration containing all the graphic details of ‘abuse’ was leaked to the press (most probably by Larry Feldman himself).
Please note at that time there were no accusers yet, no case, no nothing – so Jordan’s declaration published in the press was just ‘hanging in the air’ as a kind of a suggestion to any volunteers who would be willing to come up with their ‘abuse’ stories.
In April the Santa Barbara police closed their probe into the Arvizo situation after finding nothing. In February-April Gavin Arvizo never mentioned any abuse.
However in May 2003 the Arvizos approached Larry Feldman. The mother raised the matter of a civil suit and the boy came up with the allegations which – when they were reported to the police – reminded everyone of the first case. Naturally the boy was speaking for himself only and any similarities between the cases were purely coincidental.
And now we learn from Dr. Katz that during his May-June interviews Gavin Arvizo already knew of Jordan Chandler’s case. This is how the seeds sown in February were already a ripe harvest for Larry Feldman and Dr. Katz in May-June 2003.
Okay, now that we more or less know of the role of Larry Feldman and Dr. Katz in the 2003 case, another question arises – in what capacity was Dr. Katz acting in 1993?

Up till now we’ve heard only of Dr. Abrams who reported Jordan Chandler’s case to the authorities (to never hear of it later) and Dr. Richard Gardner to whom Jordan was sent by Larry Feldman for an interview on October 6, 1993. And though the transcript of that conversation is readily available to us due to Ray Chandler’s kindness, it is actually the conclusion of the psychiatrist which is noticeably missing there.

One would expect that after hearing all those horrendous details no doctor would ever doubt the word of the person he talked to, however we shouldn’t underestimate Dr. Gardner – he was one the leading experts in FALSE abuse accusations and could have successfully seen through the calculated and totally unemotional manner in which Jordan Chandler was telling his story.

Jordan’s confidence, calm, lack of emotion and surprise at the question whether he felt any fear (he said the only thing he was fearful was a cross-examination) should have immediately raised a red flag for Dr. Gardner same as it did for us, laymen. And the fact that the doctor’s determination is missing – while the transcript of this highly confidential interview is freely available to all – is enough reason for us to believe that Dr. Gardner saw the boy’s story as false.

Why I think that Dr. Richard Gardner’s verdict was negative? Because Dr. Gardner’s report evidently didn’t suit Larry Feldman – he had to take the videotape elsewhere and seek the opinion of another expert in the same field, namely Dr. Stanley Katz… Would you go from one doctor to another one if the best expert on false allegations confirmed your worst suspicions and made a positive statement to the effect?

The Santa Barbara News Archive says that Dr. Katz was approached by Larry Feldman in the 1993 with a task to review the tapes:

On Thursday, jurors learned that Mr. Katz was also involved in the 1993 civil suit with Mr. Feldman. Mr. Katz said he reviewed tapes of an interview between the 1993 accuser and a doctor and reported back to Mr. Feldman.
(THE JACKSON TRIAL: Psychologist testifies of link to lawyer in ’93 case. March 31, 2005)

Olga has just provided me with the transcript of Dr. Katz’ testimony where he said the following about the evaluation job he did in 1993:

13 My work was to review the videotapes that

14 were made between the victim –

15 Q. No, I’m — go ahead.

16 A. — and Dr. Richard Gardner.

17 Q. Okay.

18 A. And to review those tapes, those videotapes,

19 and to view them and analyze them to give my

20 feedback to Mr. Feldman.

I’m sure that if Dr. Gardner’s conclusion had been positive for Larry Feldman it would have been enough for him and we would be presented now with Dr. Gardner’s written determination in the same shameless way they did it with Jordan’s declaration, transcript of his conversation with a doctor and the graphic text of the original lawsuit.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT? After looking into the background of both experts I think I know WHY Dr. Gardner’s conclusion didn’t suit Feldman and why he had to bring Dr. Katz into the picture.

Dr. Richard Gardner
Though the name of Dr. Richard Gardner was heavily slandered in the press he was a highly qualified psychiatrist working for the Institute of Psychological Therapies and professor of clinical psychiatry at Columbia University.

In a preface to Jordan’s interview Ray Chandler even calls him “the nation’s leading authority on false claims of child abuse”. This doctor was wary of jumping to conclusions in child abuse cases and cautioned against “a great wave of hysteria” which gripped the country in the 90s.

In his comments on the Wall Street Journal editorial dated February 22, 1993, Dr. Gardner, speaking of a great number of victims falsely accused of child molestation, called this hysteria “by far the worst” in history, the most devastating “with regard to the number of lives that have been destroyed and families that have been disintegrated.”

So exactly when those allegations were made against Michael Jackson the whole country was gripped with a hysteria over alleged abuses and Dr. Gardner was calling against it? Then he surely must have had a ‘non-prosecution’ approach to such cases and this, coupled with our own grave skepticism over Jordan’s behavior during that interview gives us enough ground to think that Dr. Richard Gardner’s opinion of Jordan Chandler was not as favorable as we initially thought.

Dr. Stanley Katz
And what about Dr. Stanley Katz? Why did Larry Feldman take the videotape to this particular psychologist? Who is he and what is his professional experience?

Well,  Dr. Katz is the former Director of Training and Professional Education at Children’s Institute International in Los Angeles.

I see that the name of the Institute does not ring a bell with you.

And what if I remind you of the McMartin case? And a certain CII Institute whose experts interviewed four hundred children in McMartin preschool and came to the conclusion that 369 of them had been sexually abused? And later none of those scientific findings were supported at the trial and all of them turned out to be completely false?

Are you getting my point now?

Yes, guys, Dr. Katz held a key position in this notorious Institute as he was responsible for professional training of experts whose job was to conduct interviews with the alleged abuse victims!

You can argue that the McMartin case took place in the 80s and Dr. Katz worked there most probably in the 90s, and by then their methods must have changed… Well, they might have, but not very much, as the interview technique employed by this Institute was found inappropriate only at the beginning of the 21st century - or at least ten years after the 1993 Michael Jackson case – when  James M. Wood, a research psychologist at the University of Texas at El Paso, studied the McMartin interviews done by Children’s Institute International and found them absolutely horrible:

“A few years ago, Wood did an experiment in which children were questioned using McMartin interviewing techniques. After two or three minutes, most of the kids started to make up bizarre stories.

When an interviewer refuses to take “no” for an answer, this implies that another response is required—even if it’s not true. Saying that a defendant such as Ray Buckey is being followed by undercover police implies that the accused is dangerous and that the children should help lock him up. And, says Wood, telling children that “everyone’s talking” about the crime “creates conformity pressures that are highly improper.”

According to Maggie Bruck, a psychiatry professor at Johns Hopkins University and a researcher of children’s memory and suggestibility, Wood’s experiment and others have led to a consensus among psychologists. They agree now that CII’s methods in the McMartin case were inappropriate” [2005].

For details on the McMartin case click here : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you haven’t clicked on it here is blogger Chantal telling the short of the story:

“Dr Katz’s organization, Children’s Institute International, believed at the time it had uncovered sex crimes and satanic rituals at the McMartin pre-school in Manhattan Beach. After interviewing 400 current and former students, it concluded that 369 of them had been sexually abused – lured into underground tunnels, forced to perform bizarre forms of devil-worship including the disinterment of coffins, raped at a car wash and filmed with their adult abusers for pornographic purposes.

The problem with CII’s ‘discoveries’ was not only that they failed to meet the basic test of plausibility. They were also based on highly coercive interviews, in which the children systematically denied anything was amiss until the interviewers started putting ideas into their heads. Over and over, the children were asked if they had participated in a certain ‘game’ or if a teacher had touched them. If they said no, they were called ‘dumb’. If they said yes, they were called ’smart’.

When the case reached trial, jurors were able to see the coercive techniques for themselves because the interviews had all been videotaped. Not a shred of corroborating evidence ever surfaced and the defendants, all members of the same family, were exonerated. Among family psychology professionals, the case is now a byword for how not to conduct a sex abuse investigation.”

This is the “secret tunnel” described in the McMartin case as a place where “crimes were committed”. Doesn’t it remind you of a “secret room” found in another place in 2005?
Even from the scarce fragments of Dr. Katz testimony reported in the press don’t we feel that specific McMartin touch with which Dr. Katz handled his interview with Gavin Arvizo?

“It took a lot of time to get the older boy to trust him, noting that he was aided by the child’s mother, who “had to really spell out” that the psychologist was “helping us, working for us.”
Katz told Zelis that he assured the child he was doing the right thing by relating his experiences at Neverland Ranch.
“We talked all about how courageous this was,” Katz told Zelis,
“and I said to him, ‘You know, you don’t want Jackson to do these things to kids again, do you?’”
Reread this question again and you will see that instead of getting information from Gavin Arvizo Dr. Katz is actually passing over to him the idea that “Jackson did something to kids” and suggests that Gavin joins him in this understanding!

Very few people know that Thomas Mesereau was aware of Dr. Katz’ previous experience and though he was limited in his cross-examination only to the questions asked by the prosecution (who made their questioning uncharacteristically short), he still asked him a couple of questions about McMartin case:

3 Q. Were you involved in that case in any

4 professional way?

5 A. Yes, I was.

6 Q. How were you involved?

7 A. I was the director of training and

8 professional education at the Children’s Institute

9 International, and that’s the agency that initially

10 interviewed all the McMartin children.

11 Q. And were you involved in that case for a

12 number of years?

13 A. Well, my involvement was that I was director

14 of the program. And Kee McFarland, who was the

15 woman who interviewed the children, actually worked

16 under me. But I was not — I did not directly

17 interview the children’s parents.

18 I did interview — my involvement with the

19 McMartin case was, I did do assessments. I was

20 asked by the Department of Children & Family

21 Services to assess the children of the alleged

22 perpetrators to see if they had been molested.

23 Other than that, I had very little involvement

24 directly with the case.

25 Q. Is it your understanding that that was

26 perhaps the longest and largest criminal case in the

27 history of Los Angeles County?

28 A. I think it was.

Oh my God, so it was actually Dr. Katz who assessed the testimonies of those children and diagnosed them as abused?! While the court hearings showed that all their stories were sheer fantasies?! The trial lasted more than two years then and ended without a single conviction! And if Thomas Mesereau weren’t such a gentleman he should have probably called Dr. Katz the names he deserved for turning the lives of the poor teachers of McMartin school into a living hell…

So isn’t it clear now why Larry Feldman sent Jordan Chandler’s videotape to this particular psychologist? And what kind of a determination he expected from Dr. Katz?

Are we aware now what sort of ideas Dr. Katz could have conveyed to Jordan Chandler if he had interviews with him same as with Gavin Arvizo?

Can we guess why the prosecution made their examination of Dr. Katz in 2005 as short as it was humanly possible and why they reduced the scope of their questions to a minimum? Some inconveniences could have arisen if  their questions had allowed Thomas Mesereau to cross-examine him over wider issues, couldn’t they?

However if you think that all our surprises connected with Dr. Katz end there, here is the most impressive news from this doctor.

The fact is that in a taped telephone conversation with the Santa Barbara police investigator Paul Zelis our Doctor the Terrible shared his private, “off the record” opinion about Michael Jackson and said that he didn’t think him to be what they were suspecting him of! And the police investigator agreed with him!

Yes, it was THIS Dr. Katz, who judging by his severe treatment of poor McMartin teachers can be considered the most frightening expert ever for child abuse cases, who said that Michael Jackson DIDN’T FIT THE PROFILE OF a ped…le!
The Smoking Gun says what Dr. Katz said ‘off the record’ to the police officer:

In a taped June 2003 telephone interview, Katz, 55, gave a Santa Barbara sheriff’s investigator his “off the record” opinion of the 46-year-old entertainer.

Jackson, Katz told Det. Paul Zelis, “is a guy that’s like a 10-year-old child. And, you know, he’s doing what a 10-year-old would do with his little buddies. You know, they’re gonna jack off, watch movies, drink wine, you know.

And, you know, he doesn’t even really qualify as a pedophile. He’s really just this regressed 10-year-old.”

“Yeah, yeah, I agree,” replied Zelis.

Even if Dr. Katz did believe all those stories about “jacking off” and “drinking wine” his overall conclusion shows that even his highly exaggerated version of the events did not fit into the picture of p. behavior and was something completely different.

Dr. Katz had had thousands of cases to analyze and with the interview techniques he employed he could have extracted not only “wine” or “jacking off” from those boys but “tunnels for raping children” underneath the house the way they did it in the McMartin case (look up here). So let us not be surprised by what he said here.

But let us not underestimate the statement made by Dr. Katz either – even the unpleasant way he said it. Such conclusions made by the pro-prosecution side are twice as valuable as those made by someone neutral.

He said that Michael did NOT qualify for an abuser. And Dr. Katz was speaking not only of the Arvizo case. Let us remember that this statement was made by the psychologist who most probably interviewed Jordan Chandler too and who was hired to review the tape of Jordan’s conversation with Dr. Gardner.

And if in 2003 (ten years after the 1993 case) Dr. Katz was still considering that Michael didn’t qualify as an abuser, it means he thought that way in Jordan Chandler’s case as well. If he believed him to be a ‘regressed 10-year-old’ in 2003 it means Michael should have been all the more ‘regressed’ ten years earlier. And if he didn’t fit that profile in the Arvizo case he didn’t fit it in the Jordan Chandler case either.

This makes me wonder what conclusion about Jordan’s tape Dr. Katz made back in 1993…

Whatever Dr. Katz said I wouldn’t call Michael Jackson a regressed 10-year old. I would just call him a BIG CHILD.
And even Dr. Katz as Doctor the Terrible confirms that it is no crime to be that way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Dr. Katz
October 21, 2011, 07:25:12 PM
Please forgive me if you wrote about this already, but I'm not thinking this is the same Dr. Katz.  This is Dr. Stanley Katz.  However,  Dr. Shafer did a paper with a Dr. Nathaniel Katz.  I'd rather you are correct, and you may show me, hopefully, that I am, but here is a PART of the paper, on anesthetics that the two doctors did together. 
Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:28:05 PM by fordtocarr
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions