PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Conrad Murray Defense Witness Calls Prosecutor a "Scumbag"

UPDATE 4 p.m.: Court has adjourned for the day and will resume Friday at 12:45 p.m. The defense, which had expected to start its case tomorrow, has yet to cross-examine Dr. Shafer.

UPDATE: 3:10 p.m.: White, who described Shafer as a friend and colleague, tells E! News that Deputy District Attorney David Walgren's treatment of the evidence has been "unethical and unconscionable." Shafer's testimony, however, has changed the way he thinks of him, White says. "I am going to take the high road, not the low road with him," he adds. "I was his teacher when he was a medical student. The truth will come out. It always does."

UPDATE 3:05 p.m. Pastor immediately called for a break after Murray lost his cool in response to Shafer using an actual infusion stand to demonstrate how Murray could have dosed Michael Jackson with propofol. "Can you believe that?" Murray whispered to Dr. Paul White, an expected defense witness. "What a scumbag," White told the media seated near him.

UPDATE 1:15 p.m.: Shafer also disputed the defense's contention that Jackson ingested eight 2-miligram tablets of lorazepam, the sedative that Murray's attorneys are now training their sights on, between 8 a.m. and noon on the day he died. The true amount was "much, much smaller," the anesthesiologist said. As far as the propofol went, Shafer added, Jackson had been given more than the 25 miligrams Murray told police he'd administered to the singer.

UPDATE 10 a.m.: Shafer said that injecting propofol into a vein with a syringe or finding an injection port would take a bit of "time and coordination." The Columbia University Medical Center doc noted that Murray told police that Jackson's veins were so unavailable he had started giving him IVs below his left knee.

UPDATE 9:20 a.m.:  Dr. Shafer says there is "zero" chance Michael Jackson died from oral ingestion of propofol, citing tests that had been done on mice, piglets, dogs and monkeys. Shafer adds that there hasn't been a study on humans because "it was obvious" it wouldn't work because there would be no bio-availability. Plus, when ingested orally, Shafer said, the drug is quickly broken down by the liver. He cited a test on patients in Chile who showed "no sedation" after swallowing 200 or 400 miligrams of propofol.

UPDATE 8:55 a.m.:  Dr. Steven Shafer takes the stand to continue his testimony for the second day under questioning from prosecutors.

UPDATE 8:30 a.m.:  Jackson family members Katherine, Joe, Rebbie and Randy in the courtroom for this session.

Conrad Murray's team has a tough nut to crack today.

On day 14 of his trial on an involuntary manslaughter charge in the death of Michael Jackson, the defense will commence its cross-examination of Dr. Steve Shafer, an expert on propofol who on the stand yesterday absolutely castigated Murray's treatment of Jackson.

"The facts in this case, in my view...virtually none of the safeguards were in place when propofol was administered to Mr. Jackson," Shafer testified. He also called it "inexcusable" that Murray did not immediately call 911 the second he noticed Jackson in respiratory distress, especially considering Murray was apparently "clueless in what to do."

Deputy District Attorney David Walgren is expected to rest his case once Shafer steps down. Murray's camp has informed Judge Michael Pastor that they plan to call 15 witnesses and wrap their own case toward the middle of next week.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

UPDATE 4 p.m.: Court has adjourned for the day and will resume Friday at 12:45 p.m. The defense, which had expected to start its case tomorrow, has yet to cross-examine Dr. Shafer.

UPDATE: 3:10 p.m.: White, who described Shafer as a friend and colleague, tells E! News that Deputy District Attorney David Walgren's treatment of the evidence has been "unethical and unconscionable." Shafer's testimony, however, has changed the way he thinks of him, White says. "I am going to take the high road, not the low road with him," he adds. "I was his teacher when he was a medical student. The truth will come out. It always does."

UPDATE 3:05 p.m. Pastor immediately called for a break after Murray lost his cool in response to Shafer using an actual infusion stand to demonstrate how Murray could have dosed Michael Jackson with propofol. "Can you believe that?" Murray whispered to Dr. Paul White, an expected defense witness. "What a scumbag," White told the media seated near him.

UPDATE 1:15 p.m.: Shafer also disputed the defense's contention that Jackson ingested eight 2-miligram tablets of lorazepam, the sedative that Murray's attorneys are now training their sights on, between 8 a.m. and noon on the day he died. The true amount was "much, much smaller," the anesthesiologist said. As far as the propofol went, Shafer added, Jackson had been given more than the 25 miligrams Murray told police he'd administered to the singer.

UPDATE 10 a.m.: Shafer said that injecting propofol into a vein with a syringe or finding an injection port would take a bit of "time and coordination." The Columbia University Medical Center doc noted that Murray told police that Jackson's veins were so unavailable he had started giving him IVs below his left knee.

UPDATE 9:20 a.m.:  Dr. Shafer says there is "zero" chance Michael Jackson died from oral ingestion of propofol, citing tests that had been done on mice, piglets, dogs and monkeys. Shafer adds that there hasn't been a study on humans because "it was obvious" it wouldn't work because there would be no bio-availability. Plus, when ingested orally, Shafer said, the drug is quickly broken down by the liver. He cited a test on patients in Chile who showed "no sedation" after swallowing 200 or 400 miligrams of propofol.

UPDATE 8:55 a.m.:  Dr. Steven Shafer takes the stand to continue his testimony for the second day under questioning from prosecutors.

UPDATE 8:30 a.m.:  Jackson family members Katherine, Joe, Rebbie and Randy in the courtroom for this session.

On day 14 of his trial on an involuntary manslaughter charge in the death of Michael Jackson, the defense will commence its cross-examination of Dr. Steve Shafer, an expert on propofol who on the stand yesterday absolutely castigated Murray's treatment of Jackson.

"The facts in this case, in my view...virtually none of the safeguards were in place when propofol was administered to Mr. Jackson," Shafer testified. He also called it "inexcusable" that Murray did not immediately call 911 the second he noticed Jackson in respiratory distress, especially considering Murray was apparently "clueless in what to do."

Deputy District Attorney David Walgren is expected to rest his case once Shafer steps down. Murray's camp has informed Judge Michael Pastor that they plan to call 15 witnesses and wrap their own case toward the middle of next week.

I thought that there was a court order that anyone...ANYONE connected to the trial could NOT talk to media!!!!
This Dr. White is a WITNESS!!!!  WTF???????????????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

Ford, the same i thought. Looks like media crap.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

all4loveandbelieve

we all know it is a kangaroo trial right?lolol/ lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling

::)
I smell at rat in the courthouse. A "white" lab rat.  I won't even BEGIN to get into his comment about "taking the higher ground" and then calling someone a "scumbag" (because that in itself is a contradiction.)

My first question is....How is this man a witness to be called, yet he is allowed to sit through the proceedings (wouldn't prior testimony make him prejudical in his responses)?

Second, this remark he made about Walgren was then "whispered" to media sitting nearby? :?  (I wasn't aware people were allowed to talk during court preceedings, let alone to the media!)

Third, if any of this IS true, what does it have to do with Shafers statement about someone ingesting propofol?

...clearly, there are ALOT of liberties being given in this trial....non sequestered jury, relaxed time schedule, toys in the court and now witness' that can be present during other testimonies????

WTF??

...this can't be real....period :|

He did say one thing interesting...."The truth will come out. It always does."...and we're waiting for it. bangbang

Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 07:21:04 PM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71, that REALLY got to me too about witnesses in the courtroom!!!
So I tweeted ABC7 and ask them about it.  They told me the defense ask the judge for permission and he allowed it.  Otherwise no.
So..alright!!  BUT, that don't make sense...WHY??????
So I tweeted Vinnie Polotano on HLN and he answered me on the air. 
He said expert witnesses are allowed to listen to other expert witnesses!!
COME ON!!!!  That makes even LESS sense.  There were multiple experts.
So, I suppose CLUE!!
This is going to become a battle of experts, and it happens that the experts are friends!!
What I don't understand aside from this lately aside from this witness in the courtroom and two different explanations is this court order of NOT talking to the media!!!
Clearly, this is THE most important witness, tied with Shaffer...and he's talking to the MEDIA!!
Clue again I'm sure :)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
Snoopy71, that REALLY got to me too about witnesses in the courtroom!!!
So I tweeted ABC7 and ask them about it.  They told me the defense ask the judge for permission and he allowed it.  Otherwise no.
So..alright!!  BUT, that don't make sense...WHY??????
So I tweeted Vinnie Polotano on HLN and he answered me on the air. 
He said expert witnesses are allowed to listen to other expert witnesses!!
COME ON!!!!  That makes even LESS sense.  There were multiple experts.
So, I suppose CLUE!!
This is going to become a battle of experts, and it happens that the experts are friends!!
What I don't understand aside from this lately aside from this witness in the courtroom and two different explanations is this court order of NOT talking to the media!!!
Clearly, this is THE most important witness, tied with Shaffer...and he's talking to the MEDIA!!
Clue again I'm sure :)

Battle of the "experts" is right....I'm sure the defense will try to steer this as far off course as they can with "distractions".

Speaking of "distractions"...I do recall a moment last week when Walgren was upset about Dr. White walking around while he was examining a witness :evil: .  Now I'm beginning to understand why that was troublesome to him.  I'm sure new details about Dr. White will become more evident in time.

As for the trial....I think Michael is trying to draw as many parallels to the 2005 case as he can. I didn't follow that trial, so I can't say for sure, but it seems like there are just too many weird things going on :?

So was the original Ipad guy a doctor too? Is this Dr. White the ONLY doctor defense is calling and no others wanted to sit in the court room?...this is raising more questions than answers :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

As for Dr. White talking to the media he hasn't been the only witness to do so . On the first day of court Murrays Admin Assistant (I can't remember her name but she has blonde hair and glasses) stood outside of the courtroom holding a support Murray sign and she spoke to JVM. Not only did she talk to JVM but a MJ supporter came up and they started getting into a little debate until JVM broke it up.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~Mish~

"Breathe in waves of doubt, bitter in your mouth" - Toad The Wet Sprocket

everlastinglove_MJ

::)
I smell at rat in the courthouse. A "white" lab rat.  I won't even BEGIN to get into his comment about "taking the higher ground" and then calling someone a "scumbag" (because that in itself is a contradiction.)

My first question is....How is this man a witness to be called, yet he is allowed to sit through the proceedings (wouldn't prior testimony make him prejudical in his responses)?

Second, this remark he made about Walgren was then "whispered" to media sitting nearby? :?  (I wasn't aware people were allowed to talk during court preceedings, let alone to the media!)

Third, if any of this IS true, what does it have to do with Shafers statement about someone ingesting propofol?

...clearly, there are ALOT of liberties being given in this trial....non sequestered jury, relaxed time schedule, toys in the court and now witness' that can be present during other testimonies????

WTF??

...this can't be real....period :|

He did say one thing interesting...."The truth will come out. It always does."...and we're waiting for it. bangbang

...clearly, there are ALOT of liberties being given in this trial....non sequestered jury, relaxed time schedule, toys in the court and now witness' that can be present during other testimonies??
:!:

This is striking in this trial, which says a lot. ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
Remember there was a lot of talking in the background and we were wondering what it was...maybe it was Dr White speaking...Dr White seems to me a bit of a strange character, the fact that he is allowed to attend court when he is not called as a witness yet and telling the media Walgren is a scumbag or something...did he call Walgren that or Shafer, because to me it seems like he called Shafer that....Shafer was willing and enthusiastic to happily demonstrate for the court as well as repeating what he though of Murray.

Also the other day when Walgren got upset and told the judge for Dr White to sit down as it was distracting Walgren looked pretty upset, I can understand why.

What surprises me is Dr Murray talking to Dr White during the sidebars...seems like White is really on Murray's side...

Also thanks Purelove for posting, I was wondering why Conrad was getting upset in court.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

MJonmind

Is this the point when Murray seems to get very upset and starts shaking his head?

For a doctor to call another esteemed doctor a scumbag seems very unprofessional. Is this guy for real?  Seems this trial is going to take a turn to dramatic once defense starts questioning. We'll see if calm Dr. Shafer will show his temper with Ed Chernoff.  And if there is more excitement, then maybe more of the fans and public will start watching the trial.  When I looked up the definition for scumbag, it's pretty much all unmentionable, the lowest of the low. :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
Is this the point when Murray seems to get very upset and starts shaking his head?

Yep MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

~Souza~

What a circus... Can't wait for White's testimony. I agree with him, da troot always prevails! Hahahahaha.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Datroot

Surely there would be conflicts of interest with two friends testifying on opposite sides
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions