use_your_illusionTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
Plug Pulled On Facebook Live Stream Of Michael Jackson Tribute Concert

Bad news for fans of the King of Pop: The Facebook livestream of Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert has been canceled.
Facebook commerce outfit Milyoni had teamed up with Ridgeline Entertainment for the October 8 event from Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, which will be hosted by Jamie Foxx, with scheduled performers including Beyoncé, Christina Aguilera, The Black Eyed Peas, Jennifer Hudson, and Smokey Robinson.

The event is still scheduled to proceed, but it won’t stream on Facebook. Milyoni explained in a statement:
Due to legal challenges brought by the music labels that own the rights to Michael Jackson’s lyrics, we have been notified by concert promoters Global Live Events and Ridgeline Entertainment that the live Facebook broadcast of the Michael Forever tribute concert has been canceled. As the technology provider behind the live Facebook broadcast, Milyoni will fully refund all customers who pre-purchased access to the concert using Facebook Credits or PayPal.

Milyoni Chief Executive Officer John Corpus added:
While social media presents a new opportunity for artists and concert promoters to reach global audiences, it is still a new and disruptive frontier ripe with challenges. Milyoni will continue to work closely with our music and entertainment partners to pursue this new channel of distribution, beneficial to both artists and fans worldwide.
If you’ve ever bought tickets for an event that got canceled, we’d love to hear from you in the comments section — what was the refund procedure like?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

skyways

Nice!

"Due to legal challenges brought by the music labels that own the rights to Michael Jackson’s lyrics" :ugeek:

Is it we on the way  now  to expose   HOW Big and Only  Label Company using artist music for own benefits Only and make artist as a slave for his own art?

Hmm, MJ, I guess NO Points will be left out on the issue of Justice and Rights after your fully completed pictures will be touch down last piece. ;)
Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 02:28:13 AM by skyways
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Will there be anywhere to watch it live on the net.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I was really saddened this morning to learn this. I was looking forward to seeing the tribute.

I agree - I can't believe that the music labels would fight this exposure. In my opinion it would draw a lot of people and potential buying of albums. I don't understand but I hope Michael is in control of this too.

Here is the notice that I received.

Have a blessed day :)

[/color]Ridgeline Entertainment LLC just sent you a refund[/color]Ridgeline Entertainment LLC just sent you a full refund of $3.99 USD for your purchase. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Ridgeline Entertainment LLC.The refund will go to your PayPal account.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
[/font]
[/font][/size]
Merchant information
Ridgeline Entertainment LLC
mjtribute10082011@gmail.com
530-902-8685Note from merchant
We regret to announce that the Michael Forever Tribute Concert will not be broadcast on Facebook due to unforeseen legal issues around the global distribution rights of the music.The concert promoters and Milyoni apologize for the disappointment of not being able to bring you this event live through Facebook.If you have questions, please email support@milyoni.comThank you,Support
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

The Michael Forever Facebook page does have some pretty cool pictures of rehearsals and the stage posted. Here is the link if anyone is interested in taking a look.

Blessings

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

use_your_illusionTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
If there is legal issues with putting it live on fb, then why is the concert still going ahead?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
I personally do not care if this tribute happens or not or if the livestream was cancelled or not. I'm not going to watch it. I do not like to hear Michael's songs from others. Only he sings them the best and plus it also disturbs me to hear his songs from other artists. I don't like it. It doesn't matter who is singing his songs, it can be Mariah Carey or Celine Dion, I still don't like it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

Who knows if it will still go on.. Something will happen I feel it..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

I personally do not care if this tribute happens or not or if the livestream was cancelled or not. I'm not going to watch it. I do not like to hear Michael's songs from others. Only he sings them the best and plus it also disturbs me to hear his songs from other artists. I don't like it. It doesn't matter who is singing his songs, it can be Mariah Carey or Celine Dion, I still don't like it.

I totally understand what you are saying and I would have to agree. But, I can't help but wonder if Michael is behind this in some way and that is what had my curiosity going. I just don't think Katherine would take the children there if Michael didn't agree to it. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Have a blessed weekend :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.

I totally understand what you are saying and I would have to agree. But, I can't help but wonder if Michael is behind this in some way and that is what had my curiosity going. I just don't think Katherine would take the children there if Michael didn't agree to it. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Have a blessed weekend :)

I'm actually pretty sure that Michael is behind it but still it doesn't give me any good feelings to hear his songs from other artists. And I'm sure that I'll be learning laters if there were any clues on the tribute. I trust my believers family in finding all clues. I just prefer to skip this one for my own sake.  ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

What time is this scheduled to start? So there is no live stream at all? Is there even a concert? Does anyone know anyone who is there?  suspicious//
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

AND Taj  publish this on your twitter,.. and that we are going to see? :roll:

tajjackson3  Taj Jackson
I'm sure his is :-) “@assenav39: For THE ones at Cardiffs today: have fun have fun have fun!!! MJ is watching!!”
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

What time is this scheduled to start? So there is no live stream at all? Is there even a concert? Does anyone know anyone who is there?  suspicious//

hmmm, good question.

From the pictures TMZ just posted from rehearsals for the show, I can see family members only.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

it started on 5pm london time, I think it's over by now.
I agree with all of you - I don't like listening to others singing mj's songs. it makes me sad.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There's A Man
Who Plays The Game Of Life So Well
There's Such A Man
His Thoughts You Can Never Tell
And It's Just The Way He Thought It Would Be
'Cause The Day Has Come For Him To Be Free
Then He Laughs, He Kicks And
Rolls Up His Sleeves
I'm Alive And I'm Here Forever

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
I agree with you Missudi !!!!! :) This tribute is a ghost !!!! lolol/ michael-jackson/ mj_dance/

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions