everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

Yemen - children face the future
September 28, 2011, 09:24:56 AM
Yemen - Children face the future

Yemen, with its geographic diversity and good climate, is an unlikely setting for a malnutrition crisis among children. On a good day, the markets are bursting with fresh fruit and vegetables. Yet looks can be deceiving. Up to 70 per cent of the nation's food supply is imported, and high levels of poverty mean that most families cannot afford enough food to give their children a healthy start.
“The situation is very bad,” says UNICEF Representative Aboudou Karimou Adjibadé. “We can really characterize it as a silent emergency. Nobody is talking about it.”

Yemen's nutrition crisis may be off the world's radar, but the numbers speak loudly. Half of all children are underweight, and half are stunted. Malnourished children are at greater risk of disease, long-term mental disability and untimely death.

Yet large amounts of land and water are devoted to growing qat, a mild narcotic that has no nutritional value and competes with food for the family income. Many Yemeni men and women chew qat daily. 

Poverty, food scarcity and a general neglect for the well-being of children and women have led to the current nutrition crisis, in which widespread malnutrition is the leading underlying cause of 50 per cent of child deaths.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Don't forget the children in Yemen. They suffer from a severe malnutrition. Please, donate, it doesn't matter how big or small or buy an Unicef card. I sell Unicef cards locally, I'm sure there are Unicef cards available in your local bookstore.

L.O.V.E. to you                     bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Re: Yemen - children face the future
October 14, 2011, 03:35:03 PM
Yemen - Children face the future

Yemen, with its geographic diversity and good climate, is an unlikely setting for a malnutrition crisis among children. On a good day, the markets are bursting with fresh fruit and vegetables. Yet looks can be deceiving. Up to 70 per cent of the nation's food supply is imported, and high levels of poverty mean that most families cannot afford enough food to give their children a healthy start.
“The situation is very bad,” says UNICEF Representative Aboudou Karimou Adjibadé. “We can really characterize it as a silent emergency. Nobody is talking about it.”

Yemen's nutrition crisis may be off the world's radar, but the numbers speak loudly. Half of all children are underweight, and half are stunted. Malnourished children are at greater risk of disease, long-term mental disability and untimely death.

Yet large amounts of land and water are devoted to growing qat, a mild narcotic that has no nutritional value and competes with food for the family income. Many Yemeni men and women chew qat daily. 

Poverty, food scarcity and a general neglect for the well-being of children and women have led to the current nutrition crisis, in which widespread malnutrition is the leading underlying cause of 50 per cent of child deaths.

Don't forget the children in Yemen. They suffer from a severe malnutrition. Please, donate, it doesn't matter how big or small or buy an Unicef card. I sell Unicef cards locally, I'm sure there are Unicef cards available in your local bookstore.

L.O.V.E. to you                     bearhug

“We can really characterize it as a silent emergency. Nobody is talking about it.”  :(

I think the only way out of this MADNESS is TO RETURN TO INNOCENCE,to SPIRITUAL THINGS  ,TO MOTHER EARTH  :)!!!!!!

Enigma - Return To Innocence
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_sAHh9s08&ob=av3e[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

Re: Yemen - children face the future
October 14, 2011, 06:26:17 PM
@applehead250609
I think the only way out of this MADNESS is TO RETURN TO INNOCENCE,to SPIRITUAL THINGS  ,TO MOTHER EARTH  :)!!!!!!
I agree totally, back to what really matters!
Thank you for the spiritual song, I enjoyed it.
Love you
 bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions