You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson siblings plan tribute tour

Michael Jackson's brother Tito and sister Rebbie will play series of dates in UK and Europe, teaming up with producer David Ges

Press Association
guardian.co.uk, Monday 5 September 2011 11.36 BST

Members of Michael Jackson's family are to collaborate with the producer David Gest in a touring tribute to the late singer.

Jackson's brother Tito and sister Rebbie will play a series of dates in the UK and Europe next year. Gest said the spoken-word shows would feature stories about the singer and Q&As as well as music. The singer Deniece Williams, a Jackson family friend, is also taking part.

"The majority of the show will be reminiscences and stories about Michael that the public has never heard," Gest said.

The tour, A Jackson named Michael: Remembering a legend
, will begin next March. Gest has also produced a documentary, Michael Jackson: The life of an icon, to be released on DVD next month.

October's Michael Forever concert in Cardiff, which will feature Christina Aguilera, has not been universally backed by Jackson's family.

Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray, goes on trial this month charged with his involuntary manslaughter in 2009.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

all4loveandbelieve

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS ARTICLE. BUT WHEN ARE THEY GOING STOP DOING TRIBUTES.. WHY DON'T THEY FOCUS ON THIS ONE HERE FIRST..  Why UK all the time? I wonder why? Not that I have anything against the UK, I have family living in the UK.. just very ironic that is all..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Thank you for sharing this with us. I thought of two things when I read this..

1) This tribute will involve two of the Jacksons who have been fairly quiet regarding the Cardiff tribute...Tito and Rebbie.
2) That if this goes forward Michael wouldn't come back before it was completed. My reasoning is because they will be sharing stories about Michael - you know, helping fans to learn more about Michael, the man.

It's very interesting that we have yet one more tribute. I'm sure that Michael has this all figured out so our only job right now is to keep watchin'....

Blessings :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

RK

2) That if this goes forward Michael wouldn't come back before it was completed. My reasoning is because they will be sharing stories about Michael - you know, helping fans to learn more about Michael, the man.
I immediately thought this upon reading too. The emphasis seems to be on a Jackson....who happens to be Michael. It puts a different perspective on it than Michael Jackson. Much more intimate. A team Jackson effort. All for one and one for all
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

It's almost like the whole Jackson family (except Janet) has been frozen in time.  They realize that none of them really matter in a sense because they know the public and fans only want them right now because they want somehow a tiny piece of Michael, either stories about him or nearness to him. It seems to me they should move on with their lives and just sing their own songs and make their own ways, but it will be forever impossible for them I think. Even if someone like perhaps a reporter interviews one of them, you know it's only a matter of seconds/minutes and there will be questions about Michael because that's what was really wanted. Michael is giving them what they really wanted--some fame--carrying out their parts of the hoax and speaking about his legacy. I'm sure he's paying them handsomely as well. Perhaps they have all had to learn to swallow their pride a long time ago, and are now okay with all living in his shadow/serving him. 8-)

voiceforthesilent, I agree, and Tito and Rebbie haven't a turn for a while!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions