You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson's Former Lawyer Backs Murray Prosecution
01 September 2011 04:20:23 PM

Michael Jackson's Former Lawyer Backs Murray Prosecution

Tom Mesereau - who defended late singer Michael Jackson in his 2005 child molestation case - thinks it is right his personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray is to be prosecuted over the star's death so his family can move on.
Dr. Conrad Murray "should be" prosecuted over the death of Michael Jackson so his family can move on, the singer's former defence lawyer Tom Mesereau has claimed.
Mesereau - who defended the late pop legend in his 2005 child molestation case, which ended with Michael being acquitted of all charges - believes the physician should face punishment if the accusation of involuntary manslaughter caused by a Propofol anaesthetic overdose is true.
He exclusively told BANG Showbiz: "I have mixed feelings about the trial. On the one hand I'd like to see the Jackson family get justice, I think what the doctor allegedly did was outrageous and based on everything I've heard he acted very recklessly, very foolishly and should have stood up to whoever he had to stand up to and say, 'This is dangerous, this doesn't belong in the home, we don't have proper equipment and we don't have proper help.' That's the way he should have behaved as a medical professional...
"I think he should be prosecuted to help vindicate the family and also to send a message that physicians should not behave this way."
Although he wants to see justice done, Mesereau is not looking forward to Murray's defence lawyers trying to destroy his former client's reputation when the trial starts on September 8.
He added: "I suspect the defence is going to try and dirty up Michael's reputation and I don't look forward to that at all. I don't look forward to seeing autopsy pictures and things like that ... I'm glad the District Attorney's office is prosecuting him, but my concerns are the defence lawyers are going to try to devalue Michael and try and throw a lot of dirt at the wall and see what sticks."
Mesereau appears in David Gest's upcoming documentary 'Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon' - which contains interviews with more than 50 of the King of Pop's closest friends and family members - and he speaks in detail about the 2005 trial.
The 61-year-old attorney insists the film, which is being released on DVD on October 31, is a wonderful tribute to Jackson - who died in June 2009.
He said: "It's a beautiful documentary it's very original, it's very sensitive and it has a number of interviews with some of the old Motown greats about what this child prodigy was like. I haven't seen any other documentary that does it as well as David Gest's documentary. It's beautiful, it's sensitive, it's informative and I think everyone should see it."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

MJ:Life of an Icon endorsement.
Nice!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

Thanks for sharing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhCNYYY2610 [/youtube]

Tom Mesereau: “the defense is trying to attack Michael’s character, hopefully it won’t work”

I absolutely agree to that respect/

L.O.V.E.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

paula-c

He exclusively told BANG Showbiz: "I have mixed feelings about the trial. On the one hand I'd like to see the Jackson family get justice, I think what the doctor allegedly did was outrageous and based on everything I've heard he acted very recklessly, very foolishly and should have stood up to whoever he had to stand up to and say, 'This is dangerous, this doesn't belong in the home, we don't have proper equipment and we don't have proper help.' That's the way he should have behaved as a medical professional

Yes, Murray should know about all of that and also do cpr lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tom Mesereau - who defended late singer Michael Jackson in his 2005 child molestation case - thinks it is right his personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray is to be prosecuted over the star's death so his family can move on.

Dr. Conrad Murray "should be" prosecuted over the death of Michael Jackson so his family can move on, the singer's former defence lawyer Tom Mesereau has claimed.

Mesereau - who defended the late pop legend in his 2005 child molestation case, which ended with Michael being acquitted of all charges - believes the physician should face punishment if the accusation of involuntary manslaughter caused by a Propofol anaesthetic overdose is true.

He exclusively told BANG Showbiz: "I have mixed feelings about the trial. On the one hand I'd like to see the Jackson family get justice, I think what the doctor allegedly did was outrageous and based on everything I've heard he acted very recklessly, very foolishly and should have stood up to whoever he had to stand up to and say, 'This is dangerous, this doesn't belong in the home, we don't have proper equipment and we don't have proper help.' That's the way he should have behaved as a medical professional...

"I think he should be prosecuted to help vindicate the family and also to send a message that physicians should not behave this way."

Although he wants to see justice done, Mesereau is not looking forward to Murray's defence lawyers trying to destroy his former client's reputation when the trial starts on September 8.

He added: "I suspect the defence is going to try and dirty up Michael's reputation and I don't look forward to that at all. I don't look forward to seeing autopsy pictures and things like that ... I'm glad the District Attorney's office is prosecuting him, but my concerns are the defence lawyers are going to try to devalue Michael and try and throw a lot of dirt at the wall and see what sticks."

Mesereau appears in David Gest's upcoming documentary 'Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon' - which contains interviews with more than 50 of the King of Pop's closest friends and family members - and he speaks in detail about the 2005 trial.

The 61-year-old attorney insists the film, which is being released on DVD on October 31, is a wonderful tribute to Jackson - who died in June 2009.

He said: "It's a beautiful documentary it's very original, it's very sensitive and it has a number of interviews with some of the old Motown greats about what this child prodigy was like. I haven't seen any other documentary that does it as well as David Gest's documentary. It's beautiful, it's sensitive, it's informative and I think everyone should see it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lorela

A nightmare for Murray. I wonder how he feels if he knows that Michael is alive ...  it has to be really hard for his family.

BTW, do you think that Michael's chef knows about him being alive?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

well if michael is alive then murray is innocent if murray is innocent then there shall be no trial or he gets off with it just to coincidental to have a tribute concert right on top of the trial and a very good diversion from the trial me thinks :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lorela

well if michael is alive then murray is innocent if murray is innocent then there shall be no trial or he gets off with it just to coincidental to have a tribute concert right on top of the trial and a very good diversion from the trial me thinks :)

yes, but he would have to prove that Michael is alive
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
I have a great respect for TM. And he says Michael is dead :cry:.
All these people close to Michael depress me very much when speaking like he's dead :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Gina I do not know if Tom Mesereau knows something, anyway, he will not say if Michael is alive ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

I have a great respect for TM. And he says Michael is dead :cry: .
All these people close to Michael depress me very much when speaking like he's dead :(

gina tom makes me a little nervous also but i just keep reminding myself that he is a lawyer. it's all about the way you word things. bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

This is what caught my eye in the article:

Mesereau - who defended the late pop legend in his 2005 child molestation case, which ended with Michael being acquitted of all charges - [blink]believes the physician should face punishment if the accusation of involuntary manslaughter caused by a Propofol anaesthetic overdose is true.[/blink]

If it is true.  That is a real little gem.  That is what the so-called autopsy report said that MJ died of accute propfol intoxication.  It just gets more and more stranger!
Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:43:07 PM by darkchild
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

bec

Additionally,

"I have mixed feelings about the trial. On the one hand I'd like to see the Jackson family get justice, I think what the doctor allegedly did was outrageous and based on everything I've heard he acted very recklessly, very foolishly and should have stood up to whoever he had to stand up to and say, 'This is dangerous, this doesn't belong in the home, we don't have proper equipment and we don't have proper help.' That's the way he should have behaved as a medical professional...

TM is very careful with his judgement. I think it's just because he's a very wise man... not because he has any knowledge of the hoax...

... though I could be wrong. MJ did need the best lawyers in the business to lay a clear path of legality for him when launching this hoax to ensure no laws were broken. I suppose TM may be one of those lawyers he consulted.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

skyways

TM is Not on hoax.   Friend of my have convo wth him regarding MJ project last year and that became clear- he out of it.  KEEP ON!@
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

didnt tom mesereau represent robert blake who was initially found not guilty then a further trial found him guilty?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions