No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

grossomodo

Re: Frank Dileo, Dead at 63
August 24, 2011, 04:21:26 PM
Here skyways! An article from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Music Industry Veteran Frank Dileo, Dead at 63

Longtime music industry veteran Frank Dileo, who managed Michael Jackson for much of his ’80s heyday and again during the last months of Jackson's life, died at his home in eastern Ohio at age 63, after a long illness. We just heard the news from a family friend, who said she thinks Dileo passed this morning, though the exact time hasn't been verified.

Dileo was the subject of a November 2007 Scene cover piece outlining his storied career. And we mean storied. He worked his way up from the bottom of the music industry to become one of the most powerful men in the biz. During his tenure at Epic Records, he was instrumental in signing or developing the careers of Culture Club, Cyndi Lauper, REO Speedwagon, Quiet Riot, The Clash and of course Jackson. Dileo lived in Nashville briefly in the ’70s and then moved here in January 2007 to start a management business, though he spent much of the last three years in Los Angeles after returning as Jackson's manager, and then handling issues with the late pop singer's estate.

His larger-than-life persona landed him a couple of movie roles, most famously as Tuddy Cicero in Martin Scorsese's Goodfellas. Not only did he play the brother to Mafia boss Paulie Cicero, but he was responsible for one of the most legendary mob hits in cinema history, putting a bullet in the back of Joe Pesci's head in the film's climactic scene.

An excerpt from the Scene story, about Dileo's ever-present cigar:

There’s speculation that when he emerged from the womb, 60 years ago last month, Frank Dileo already had a cigar in his mouth. Look at the pictures on his office walls and in his photo albums, and more often than not he’s either holding or chomping on a fat, unlit stogie.

As a mystique-building accessory, those cigars have long since earned their keep. On the wall of Dileo’s Music Row apartment hangs a framed cartoon by the renowned late cartoonist for the London Evening Standard, Raymond Allen Jackson (known as Jak). An enormous lit cigar, so big that four men are holding it, is coming through the front doors of the Mayfair Hotel. The smoker is not yet visible. The caption reads, “I don’t know about Michael Jackson—but here comes his manager.”

Add to the cigar his gold watch, pinkie ring, manicured hands and Music Row-casual attire, and Dileo could be the poster boy for National Dress the Part Week. At 5-foot-2, he looks like he stepped out of Central Casting’s Music Biz Dealmaker file. And whether or not such visual signifiers are essential to success in the music industry, Dileo’s track record—by 21 he was RCA’s national singles director, by 35 one of the most powerful men in the business—proves they certainly don’t hurt.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
OVERALL MOONWALK!

~Souza~

August 24, 2011, 04:29:18 PM
Not only sad, but seems suspicious too. Another one close to Mike that died way too young (whether that was as friends or business partners, at least he was involved with TII). It seems too suspicious.

RIP Frank.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

grossomodo

August 24, 2011, 04:34:32 PM
I just wanted to share this with you. I think it's a great pic. With LOVE! RIP!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
OVERALL MOONWALK!

August 24, 2011, 04:36:01 PM
I thought this was a rumor… until now.  I don’t know what to say except rest in peace Frank.  The way it is going by the time this trial starts, there will be no one left to testify.  I don’t know how I feel about that.  Poor Frank.  I did not know he was so seriously ill.  I feel saddened by his passing.  Yhe timing :? It has caught me way off guard.   pale/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

~Souza~

August 24, 2011, 04:49:23 PM
It's probably just wishful thinking, but since Frank was involved with TII and on board with Sony, maybe he had a role to play in the sting and did he have to 'disappear' for a while. I know that's probably not true, but one can hope, right?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

August 24, 2011, 04:57:04 PM
Are we getting a variety of reports?

Wednesday August 24th 2011   
Frank Dileo is fighting for his life in Los Angeles hospitalMichael’s one-time manager Frank Dileo is in a Los Angeles hospital fighting for his life after having heart surgery and subsequently experiencing complications. Sources close to the situation tell that Dileo had bypass surgery on his heart last week and then suffered from complications the next day.

It has been confirmed that Dileo is currently at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, but the status of his recovery is unknown. “Frank scheduled his bypass to be at Cedars, but after suffering the heart attack, he’s taken a turn for the worse. Much of his family is in town right now to be there for him. They’re worried, but of course hoping for the best.” You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 24, 2011, 05:19:52 PM
OK, Just got done calling TMZ with souza, I called the tip line and said I have a tip, The tip is frank dileo passed away, a huge actor and michaels manager and for 3 days now tmz and the media have not reported this but when lindsay lohan farts or queefs we get instant minute by minute details of the smell of her fart and how many people where affected by her fart but michaels manager just died and tmz doesnt report it, she then laughs at me and says yeah that happens with londsay, ok but then i said but frank dileo is dead and tmz doesnt reprt it and she says, YES WE ARE AWARE OF IT, I said ok but why arent you reporting it and she says uhm uhm uhm, we are aware of it, I said I know you are but maybe before we here about another lindsay fart you could report  on his death, she giggled and said we are aware thats all i can say.

so there oyu go, this is fishy as hell
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Chat With Us About The Hoax You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If he\'s not alive then we are all dead!

August 24, 2011, 05:23:51 PM
I am totally shocked and speechless! I do not know what to say. :'(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

Sarahli

August 24, 2011, 05:41:34 PM
Well here is another report: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

August 24, 2011, 05:49:58 PM
It's all over google news now...different outlets reporting it.  But something just feels really weird...especially with TMZ's reply.  It's like deja vu....the story is very similar to the reports back in April, when Frank had undergone heart surgery and almost died.  Strange...

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

grossomodo

August 24, 2011, 05:55:04 PM
@ badkolo
What?!  :o This is not only weird, it's shocking! What is TMZ waiting for?! What's behind all this?! Another big fat hoax?! Or it's the same one?!   :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
OVERALL MOONWALK!

August 24, 2011, 05:59:48 PM
I’ve been watching NBC World News Tonight wih Brian Williams.  Not a word.  Just yesterday he did a piece on Nick Ashford.  Something’s strange.   suspicious//
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

August 24, 2011, 06:00:14 PM
If Frank Dileo indeed died, may he RIP!

With all those who have died on convenient HOAX dates in the last 2 years , I am however really wondering whether the ZOMBIES on the TROPICAL ISLAND just needed a MANAGER before LINDSAY LOHAN's arrival for ... THE THRILLER NIGHT!

With L.O.V.E

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where
we can truly love from the soul, and
know love as the ultimate truth at
the heart of all creation."

Katie2

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality
August 24, 2011, 06:05:55 PM
Wikipedia is updated now and I sent a tip to TMZ and they still haven't reported it...somethings up I tell you
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions