Andrea

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No argument from me about MJ being irreplacable, but I do have questions to whether Chis actually committed that offence. It seems Chris Brown has been stigmatized forever in people's eyes by the media report that he bashed Rhianna. I'm not convinced he did it to be honest. It just reminds me of MJ and the allegations. As soon as you'd mention Michael, in the past, someone would bring up pedophilia. Now it's being repeated with Chris. Here is a link to a very old post about ritual abuse and the marks on Rhiana's mug shot. At least have a look at it so we can be informed and then make up our own minds and not what was reported to us by the media.

I agree - thanks for posting the link on the thread I did!  :)

Michael stands on his own and I believe many artists strive to be "like Mike".  It's natural and to be expected but even they know they will never be Michael, that there will never be another Michael.

And about all the bad press Chris got for what he supposedly did to Rihanna, remember that the media more often than not, is full of LIES.  People turned viciously on Chris like they did with Michael.  We know they were lying about Michael, why wouldn't they lie about Chris?  Rihanna was hurt, yes, but by whose hands??  And has anyone noticed how dark and symbolic her videos have become since?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Firstly, I doubt Chris ever said he would be the Next King of Pop. I have not seen an interview of him thinking he can take over that part of music.

This is the media's doing and their managers's who release these highly unflattering articles about them. I think I am more pissed with Will.i.am saying that Bieber is going to be the next KOP as he was Michael's friend.

Well we still have to see if Usher, Chris Brown, Justin Bieber or even Beyonce (yes Jay Z saying she was the second coming of MJ, sickened me), will ever have that long a career. Remember Michael's worst album released 30 years into his career, still sold more than other albums released in that decade. And he is someone we will never forget.

So think about how many songs of these singers you will remember or want to hear after 30 years. I count a few, but Michael had a double disc worth of hits that no one can forget. So even though everyone screams that so and so could be the next KOP, its all just a marketing ploy and nothing is going to come of it.

Its just like the Katy Perry record breaking, do you think you would remember her songs a few years later? So they try underhand means to get her to number one, like remixes and massive discounts for the singles. If Michael had known this was going to happen, I am sure he would have done a lot with his Bad album. Even Thriller, the other singles were not so well marketed.

I say the KOP should go to the person who has sold the most number of albums (no one is ever going to get to break that record), the most compassionate and charitable person and the person who touched all kinds of people all over the world. I know the local grocery store owners in my third world country also know Michael, and they sure as hell don't know any of the others mentioned in my post. So dream on all you runner ups!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I agree Andrea, I have always thought Chris was not really responsible for what happened to Rihanna. Maybe they brainwashed her into believing it was so. And he of course has no recollection of it.

Rihanna has become really evil since that happened. Her transformation actually scared me. Chris on the other hand has become really angry. Maybe he knows he was victimised so is letting off steam now. He is a very good dancer though, and keeps pushing himself to the limit each time. While Michael was all about style, Chris is all about energy and gymnastics, two different dance genres. But he does the best MJ dancing from all the singers left, so yes if they do use him for more tributes, I am fine by it. He has always adored Michael and Michael liked him too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Great post (reminder) RK...and I hope members at least click on the link and read that perspective.  After everything we've learned in the last two years...about what goes on behind the scenes in the world...what Andrea posted should, at the least, give everyone pause.

As Andrea wrote in her post...we may never know the truth.  But it is because of that very FACT that people should not be so quick to judge anyone....or, worse yet, insult or diminish them based on something you can't know for certain is true.  It's not our place to judge Chris Brown or anyone...and, trust me, I know it's hard not to judge...we've been 'programmed' for it. 

We've been 'studying' Mike, indepthly, for 2 years now...and hopefully have learned some lessons from him.  Mike showed us glimpses of how to transcend judgement of others...he modelled it for us when he was asked about Eminem's derogatory comments.  He responded by saying he respected him as an artist and wished him well (and then, of course, ensured that he'd be paid every time Eminem opened his mouth again  8-).  And no offence to Eminem...I think he's come a long way since then.  Shit, Mike even found the good in Hitler...and yet, we're still so quick to judge people without even knowing the truth.

With L.O.V.E. always.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

gwynned

I agree that we should judge these performers on the basis of their artistry and not what the tabloids say.  I find it ironic that Rhianna is singing about whips and chains exciting her in light of the allegations against Chris Brown.  And I thought his tribute to MJ was sweet and respectful.  And he is a FABULOUS dancer.  Whenever I'm in a down mood, I can watch his 3X video and I'm dancing in the living room.  No harm trying to be the new king of pop if it suits him.  I think Michael has relinquished that crown in favor of other efforts more in keeping with who is now.  But who knows!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

That was honestly pretty funny! They are no MJ dancers, but they are good comedians, that's all! I'm sure if MJ saw this, he was laughing his head off.  Didn't MJ say he was kicking with the wrong foot?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Billie_Jean13

no one these days has anywhere near enough experience, talent, passion or love to live up to MJ's standards!!!!!! :)
I love you mj... chris is good but not good enough!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It takes one person to make a difference...
But it takes alot of differences to make a change <3 Love Lives forever

I found it very funny  ;D No one can be the next Michael Jackson because he is unique.....there are a lot of artists that try to be like him but not even that they can achieve ! Michael IS perfection in my opinion .His talent is huge .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll be forever searching for your love .I love you Michael

SpeedDemon1987

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • I'm Standin' Though You're Kickin' Me
Being the King Of Pop: To do list
Break album sales of Thriller.
Win more than 8 Grammys in one night.
Donate all earnings from a tour to charity.
Turn a ranch into a children's paradise and invite underprivileged children to spend a day there.
Visit sick/injured children all over the world and give them presents.
Survive attacks made on self image and still be able to step into the public eye.
Still show love for those who have done wrong by you.
Be willing to take a stand against environmental damage, poverty and all kinds of abuse and discrimination.
Be fresh and original - can't live off other peoples ideas forever
Be a creative genius, through singing, dancing, music and art
Be looked up to by billions of people worldwide and still be humble about it
Don't take anything for granted

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I ask for a bad guy, and they give me MICHAEL JACKSON?!?!?"

all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

Being the King Of Pop: To do list
Break album sales of Thriller.
Win more than 8 Grammys in one night.
Donate all earnings from a tour to charity.
Turn a ranch into a children's paradise and invite underprivileged children to spend a day there.
Visit sick/injured children all over the world and give them presents.
Survive attacks made on self image and still be able to step into the public eye.
Still show love for those who have done wrong by you.
Be willing to take a stand against environmental damage, poverty and all kinds of abuse and discrimination.
Be fresh and original - can't live off other peoples ideas forever
Be a creative genius, through singing, dancing, music and art
Be looked up to by billions of people worldwide and still be humble about it
Don't take anything for granted

VERY WELL SAID. BRAVO!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

paula-c

If there were elections held to appoint the new Michael Jackson (as if such a thing could ever be), Chris Brown would be Tracy Flick. Brown has made it perfectly clear he is more than willing to take on the responsibility of being the new King Of Pop by attempting to impersonate Michael time and time again. There’s his teary MJ tribute, the video for “Human Nature”-sampling “She Ain’t You”, and now Breezy dons the superstar’s signature red jacket for a Jackson-off on sketch comedy show In The Flow with Affion Crockett. Ugh. Enough.

There’s no denying Chris Brown is a truly gifted performer and an incredible dancer, but it’s going to be a serious uphill climb for him if he wants to convince the world he can be as beloved an artist as Michael was (and still is).

CHRIS BROWN NEEDS TO PRACTICE DAY AND NIGHT 365 DAYS A YR IN ORDER TO BE LIKE MICHAEL, AND EVEN AT THAT HE WILL NEVER BE AS PERFECT AS MICHAEL JACKSON..
lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

"Half of me you'll never be"   moonwalk_/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ok I have only one thing to say GOD IS GOD
MICHAEL IS MICHAEL and that is that!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SORRY to be off topic but ........ The Moon Is Dancing where did you get those pics of MJ from please?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

I think that there is something about Michael that goes beyond the numbers and records beaten (thanks to hard work)...it's something not palpable, something that cannot be counted or measured in any way because it's the essence of who he is as a human being that gives his work such a worldwide appeal. Michael has a special light inside that shines in a certain vibration and this, cannot be imitated.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal