MICHAEL JACKSON ESTATE
Something Stinks Over
the MJ Tribute Concert

41 MINUTES AGO BY TMZ STAFF

The honchos in charge of the Michael Jackson Estate are threatening the people behind the Michael Jackson Tribute concert, claiming the promoters have sullied Michael's name and are possibly even ripping off the Estate.

Howard Weitzman, lawyer for the Estate, fired off a letter to promoters of the concert -- set for October 8 in Wales -- expressing displeasure that one of the bands that will be performing is KISS, whose guitarist, Gene Simmons, publicly accused MJ of being a hard-core child molester.  Weitzman wrote in his letter, "It was extraordinarily embarrassing when no sooner than you announced this 'news' that he would participate in your concert that TMZ posted an item noting that Mr. Simmons called Michael Jackson -- the man you are purportedly honoring -- a child molester..."

Weitzman also questions where all the proceeds for the concert will be going.  We're told Joe Jackson and Leonard Rowe are behind the concert, and they've always been quick to cash in on MJ's name.

And Weitzman suggests promoters may be running afoul of the law by using "intellectual property that is controlled by the Estate" -- which includes MJ images and his songs.

Reference: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where
we can truly love from the soul, and
know love as the ultimate truth at
the heart of all creation."

bec

Wow.

Michael really wants the false allegations brought back up to the surface. He's not hoping they will just "go away". He wants the situation addressed.

Where's the popcorn...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
So the estate is following TMZ as well. OK.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yep so right.something stings about the tribute alright..Gene Simmons... lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~Love lives forever~

paula-c

and to think, .this tribute will take place? 8)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Andrea

Wow.

Michael really wants the false allegations brought back up to the surface. He's not hoping they will just "go away". He wants the situation addressed.

Where's the popcorn...

I agree, he doesn't want these allegations forgotten.  Sweeping them under the rug will not help as there are those who have lingering doubt about his innocence, or just straight out think he's a monster.  Michael is not afraid to bring the allegations up again because he knows he's innocent and he knows he was wronged and wants everyone else to realize that as well.  Suddenly KISS joining the tribute lineup makes more sense...

I just had another thought although it's probably unrelated...

Isn't there an impersonator named Michael Kiss who calls himself the #1 Michael Jackson tribute performer or something like that?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

@Andrea, yes indeed.

This could also be a reference to the KISS Army You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

_Anna_

It's not the only time when they point this out

We're told Joe Jackson and Leonard Rowe are behind the concert, and they've always been quick to cash in on MJ's name.

we've seen this many times, pointing out to certain family members who are quick to cash on Michael's name. Watching from outside, this is exactly how it looks like. If you dig deeper you find yourself asking if that is really possible. I myself can't see the world (Jackson family included) through innocent pink glasses, because the truth is that the world is not as good as many people believe it to be, and mafia exists in everything. I'm on the fence about this whole thing, because the way it is put out -Mrs. Jackson and the members of the family supporting this-look like money grabbers who don't give a goddamn dime on Michael and his honour and justice. Mrs. Jackson's statement "but it's been 2 years and I think it's the right time" supports the same opinion: she looks like she doesn't even care about wether justice is being served or not; like "it's been two years, we're bored, who cares anymore what happens at the trial, now the concerts and albums and books are important".  This is how it looks from outside. What is inside I can't be sure of.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

Who is reflected in Michael's glasses?  A bald person?  In a wheelchair?  A person in a roller coaster seat?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

it seems to me
Who is reflected in Michael's glasses?  A bald person?  In a wheelchair?  A person in a roller coaster seat?

it seems to me that it is a person taking a photo, holding the camer a up to his face
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
So the family plans a tribute, they call KISS to attend, TMZ brokes the story that Simmons Called Michael a chi9ld molester, The Estate reads TMZ and sends a document to Global Live Events.

Looks like staged to me because they play in circle.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

100% name clearing. For the kids. Again and again.
Sizzeling, setting under fire.
Just when one wave is gone, he's creating a new story.
Copy & paste journalism without any reflection secures standardized reproduction worldwide.
Statements from the family fuel the heat.
And on it goes.
He's nailing them all.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

CC

Copy & paste journalism without any reflection secures standardized reproduction worldwide.
And on it goes.
He's nailing them all.

bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

And on it goes.
He's nailing them all.

Thank you, Grace. I've thought this for a long, long time as well. It's always nice to see others write the same thoughts. I believe this is not just about the allegations but all of the other horrible lies that people have bought into like drugs, sexual preference, money, etc.

The allegations continue to be drug up just when they start to die down. We know that just because it's not spoken doesn't mean it's not thought about or believed. Yes, Michael is pushing forward on his mission to clear his name once and for all. God speed to him.

So, the children plan on being at Cardiff - I wonder if the plan is for them to spend time with this Gene Simmons? Any amount of time with them should put his allegations to rest. But, we'll see what happens.

Still Watchin'...

Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

MJonmind

It's starting to feel like we are really insiders, who can see what MJ is up to, and interpreting what happens, while the majority of fans and the world are taking the stories at face value --hook, line and sinker. mj_bad/

"Let me breathe in my own time when I come back in. I'm gonna button my shirt or my jacket or whatever it is. I'm gonna look around a little bit, play with them. Snap my fingers maybe, then BAM!"
"Let's continue and believe and have faith. Give me your all, your endurance, your patience and your understanding. But this is an adventure, it's a great adventure. There's nothing to be nervous about. They just want wonderful experiences, they want escapism. We wanna take them places that they've never been before. We wanna show them talent like they've never seen before. So give your all. And I love you all. And we're a family. Just know that. We're a family. We're putting love back into the world to remind the world that love is important. Love is important. To love each other. We're all one. That's the message. And take care of the planet."
Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:09:59 AM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions