PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is the first time I heard this name Cee Lo. So, this is one of the "superstars" for this Once in a Millenium tribute? Well...  :roll: Actually it doesn't matter who they pick. No one can sing Michael's songs like him and I do not like to hear his songs from other artists.

But you might have heard of Gnarls Barkley, who is also Cee Lo ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA36wU4jgj4[/youtube]

OHH YES!!! Definitely!!! I didn't know that Gnarls Barkley is also Cee Lo  afraid/ Duh! That is one of my favorite lifetime songs. Thanks for waking me up.  beerchug
Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:07:28 PM by PureLove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

Since Kanye West, Christina Aguilera and Ceelo Green (all who are multi grammy winners, have sold millions of records) isn't good enough for you, who would you guys suggest?
I haven't heard about Cee Lo Green so far, I had to search on wikipedia and see who is it. Just because some people know the artists doesn't mean all people must know who they are.  Considering it's Michael Jackson, one would think at HUGE artists, huge talents, worldwide known, worldwide appreciated and loved. So far I had no idea who is Cee Lo Green or Craig David. And from Bruno Mars I know just one song which was sung with Placebo years ago, if I don't mistake them. And probably it's not only me who sees this as mediocre. If it's real. I don't think that any of the artists mentioned so far come at least near to Michael's talent, and to be an event fit for a king, once in a millenium event, this is just not what they describe it to be. Of course, it's my opinion. But it's not only me who thinks this way, so it must be something. And in the end, a tribute for an alive person would be a fraud and it feels as if he's gone, and the whole thing give me very bad feelings. In the end, I don't care about any tribute, it's Michael who matters. Honestly, I never really understood tributes...

It is ok for not knowing an artist.. I don't know all of them either. If you really want to know about cee lo just go on youtube and listen to his songs, he is an amazing artist.. Yes we love Michael, and he is the king of pop, but don't forget their are great artist too in this world.. You have to give them a chance too!! Christina Aguilera, what can you say about this artist, she is stupendous.. I love her voice, did you see the moving Burlesque?? if not I recommend it.  Now if the family wanted Cee Lo as a headline it means they know a good artist when they see one.. Don't forget they can lie through their teeth to protect Michael but they are in showbiz, so they know a good artist when they see one. In life we need to give a chance to people. You cannot put them down without knowing how this person performs. I am not being hard on you, or on anyone else. I just want for people to see before they judge. Like we do not want to be judged for something. Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Datroot

I don't really care how big an artist is, I only want to see MJ singing MJ's songs.  If I want to see any of those other artists, I will go to one of their concerts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

I understand
Bruno Mars (A professional Michael Impersonator),
Cee Lo (who Bruno Mars has written/produced for),
Usher and Chris Brown (Who have always looked up to Michael),
Justin Bieber (Usher's Prodigy and who thanked Michael at an awards show and said he would not be there if Michael had not paved the way)
Craig David (In April 2009, Born to Do It came second in a poll by MTV UK for the Greatest Album ever, which received over 40,000 votes, beaten by Michael Jackson’s album Thriller. He has also covered Ben previously)
Kanye West and JAYZ (with their new album Watch the Throne)

with lyrics like
Human being to the mob / What’s a mob to a king? / What’s a king to a god? / What’s a god to a non-believer / Who don’t believe in anything? / Will he make it out alive? / Alright alright / No church in the wild (JZ) Tears on the mausoleum floor / Blood stains the coliseum doors / Lies on the lips of a priest / Thanksgiving disguised as a feast / Rolling in the Rolls Royce Corniche / Only the doctors got this / I’m hiding from police / Cocaine seats / All white like I got the whole thing bleached
Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:30:41 PM by simalves
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I don't really care how big an artist is, I only want to see MJ singing MJ's songs.  If I want to see any of those other artists, I will go to one of their concerts.

Well my dear, in life we cannot get always what we want. Michael will not sing at his own tribute, so let's get over this and enjoy this tribute.. blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

There's only one MJ and if he could perform a tribute to himself, I'm sure he would. No one is gonna make anyone buy a ticket to this event. If you dont like the artists, you dont have to.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I just registered for 2 tickets but probably won't get them as my charity pledge wasn't high.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Datroot

I don't really care how big an artist is, I only want to see MJ singi
ng MJ's songs.  If I want to see any of those other artists, I will go to one of their concerts.

Well my dear, in life we cannot get always what we want. Michael will not sing at his own tribute, so let's get over this and enjoy this tribute.. blessings.

Obviously, MJ won't sing at his own tribute - that's my point 'My Dear', and for the record, I probably will never GET OVER MJ - I don't even want to.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

I don't really care how big an artist is, I only want to see MJ singi
ng MJ's songs.  If I want to see any of those other artists, I will go to one of their concerts.

Obviously, MJ won't sing at his own tribute - that's my point 'My Dear', and for the record, I probably will never GET OVER MJ - I don't even want to.

I did not say to get over Mj. I won't either, I said get over that Cee lo will be the headline, with christina auguilera.. I want MJ back as much as you do. But by being disapointed or not happy with this tribute concert it will not bring MJ back any faster.. This is what I mean.. blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal