I'm a bit confused!

Has it been announced that all artists will be singing MJ songs?

EDIT : Just read the first post properly!  lolol/

I must say the line up isn't that interesting to me. Maybe I'm too old, but I don't even know all of them!
Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:40:23 AM by reveron1958
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sandythyme

First of all this is confusing.  I am thinking that if Michael is really "gone", you would think that the music industry would have been the first to jump on the band wagon and plan a tribute with approval of the family and estate.  The industry would want to honor him for all he gave, boundaries he broke etc.  This never happened. Also, a thought becomes reality with proper preparation and hard work.   So you don't announce a tribute concert first, then find the people to perform.  It's just not the order of the draw, it's just not good business and the Jackson's are smarter than that.  I will bet that this is all a part of the plan to build time and suspence.  It will probably be cancelled to the legal issue from the estate.  Who knows.....probably only Michael knows for sure.  Also, why Cardiff, Wales?  Cardiff is a beautiful place.  Wales in very enchanting, I've been there twice.  Beautiful castles tucked into hillsides.  Wonderful place!  Remember Michael loves castles, he also loves Ireland which is just a stones throw away over the sea from Wales.  Also didn't we make the connection with the Cardiff Giant?  I was reading that the Cardiff Giant was found in Cardiff, New York.  I didn't even realize there was such a place in New York.  But I think there are many reasons why Wales was chosen.  Anyway, take care, Love to All  bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Wasn't the memorial basically a Tribute Concert anyways?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sandythyme

I thought of the memorial as a "funeral" type event, honoring his passing sharing his songs for the family and fans.  I didn't know better than.  I think a tribute concert is different, people pay to see performers perform Michael's songs. But after all I've seen, it could go either way.  Good point TheMoonIsDancing.  Take care!!!  Love to All  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

No matter how I look at it, it's completely unproffesional if it's real. Even someone who has no idea of bussiness would think to arrange all things BEFORE making an announcement.
You reach to all the artists, ask if they want to perform, see if they accept, and receive confirmation they will perform, and THEN you go an announce it publicly, if you don't want to look like an ass.

They announced it, chose the date, and no idea about who will perform, if the artists they thought to invite would actually ACCEPT the invitation, if the said artists have no plans in that period. The Jacksons are in the music industry for decades, they most likely know how a tour is scheduled; with a lot time beforehand, sometimes even 1 year or more previous. To not think that the said artists could be on tour in that period (but you announce the day anyway) is more than unproffesional and simply shows no drop of care. It seems like everything was decided overnight, with no care, not thinking about any details. Like you would go with the flow- "ah, we'll see whoever artist is tour-free in that day, we book them". And then to announce it as Once in a millenium event?! An event fit for a King as they presented it? Either this is not true, or they seriously fuck with us with no drop of respect, neither for Michael nor for people.
Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:53:59 PM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Fans must place bids for a chance to buy a ticket. The higher their pledge to a charity, the better their chances of getting a good seat.

"The ticket system is so bad!! the higher you bid the better seats you get?? not every Michael fan is rich!!!" one fan posted on the "Michael Forever Tribute" Facebook page Thursday.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

this is not  michaelish at all!

"The estate has not been contacted and is not involved with Global Live Events in the UK tribute concert announced today," spokesman Jim Bates told CNN.

It has now emerged that the Jackson estate aren’t supporting the Cardiff gig but are endorsing a new MJ tour called ‘Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour’, which is held in conjunction with the Cirque du Soleil.

so this seems to be something that some of the family wants to do but the estate has nothing to do with it  albino/
Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:17:34 PM by Tink.I.Am
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

What is this logo at the back of this poster??? suspicious//
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

Everyone, here's the thing.  Here's what gets me about some comments.  If you are coming from a place that MJ is DEAD - then maybe that's why this or that doesn't make sense to you - eva.  For the ones of us that feel/know that he is ALIVE - it makes perfect sense, because it's not always supposed to make sense, because we are dealing with a brilliant mind.  An awakened individual.  A man that blew up the word HYPE.  A one of a kind thriller of a gentleman.  A man that has pulled off THE GREATEST SHOW ALIVE.

Again, if you think he is gone, you don't seem to be in the right place.  You want to separate him from HIS ESTATE, his children, the loves of his life, et al.  MJ is the estate.  Everything flows and comes from him.  It's his script.  It's his fingers to snap.  It's his hoax.  It's his movie.  So ultimately, it is his TRIBUTE.  He is putting it together to keep HIS and THE music alive.  No one can come close to MJ.  He sees and speaks to his family all of the time.  Why wouldn't he?  He is flesh and bones and blood.

Kelly Rowland sells 200,00 units - and that is the top of the Billboard charts.  That's big news.  But to us that know what MJ has put out and still put outs, that figure is a drop in the bucket.  MJ knows that.  In the song A Toast - Jae-R sings - "I thought we all were amazing (from back in the day).  But I find that it was just ME that was amazing."  Something along those lines.  MJ is saying that back since Off The Wall - it's always been about him.  He sounds a little conceited there - but again - he sings it because it is the truth.  It is an artificial industry now, and he wants to help it.  They manufacture artists these days almost like cars on an assembly line.

MJ is putting together the so-called heavy weights in the industry now.  They know they can't top his records or videos. He knows that these are the ones that are popular now.  He knows what's up.  He has teenagers.  He knows what they have to pick and choose thru to see what they like or not as it pertains to today's music.  He is trying to do a tribute show to show off his songs/music and to bring people together. 

The problem I see with some here is that - you love to come from a negative place and look for the negative in all things.  What about coming from a positive place?  What about ALWAYS coming from a place of LOVE?  Why not try to find the perfection in all things - even things that look dark and gloomy?  That's what MJ is about.  He is about the positive, light and love.  Even in his darkest hour - he has always walked in the LIGHT.  Still does.  He has always found the silver lining.  He loves to create.  He couldn't help it.  It was pre-ordained that he do so by God.

All I'm saying is, if you truly BELIEVE that MJ is alive - then you would instantly know that he is behind this all.  You truly are telling on yourself when you say things like has been said on this thread.  The family is money hungry and other such lies.  Prove it.  Show where MJ's family is money hungry as it pertains to this hoax.  You must believe MJ is dead.  Because if you didn't, you'd know that MJ is DIRECTING his family, his estate and some paid actors and friends/acquaintances.  It really is that simple to me.  Let's stay positive and rise above.  Let him do things his way.

Talking about whishy-washy.  That's like when some bemoaned the fact that because of Latoya's book - he must be dead.  Is it her place to say he is alive just because she signed the fake death certificate?  LOL!  It is not anyone's place to say that MJ is alive, so stop looking for anyone to do it.  It would defeat the purpose.  Please let him out himself.

He is on his own Holographic time.  LOL!  He is a mess - I tell you.

Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 02:08:48 PM by peacock7
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
This tribute is another Michael's message for his fan.... bearhug....Only this  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

I agree that MJ is the Estate or would like to believe so but if he is then why isn't the Estate agreeing with the Tribute? Or have I missed that? I have to disagree with you on the artist choice. Not all of them are on top of their game. Christina? Really? She's not even on the Top 100 artist list. I have a 17 year old who changes her favorite artist depending on who's on top and she doesn't listen to half of the ones listed for this event. I don't think the family is money hungry, I'm sure that Michael is taking care of his mother and children who are the ones that need to be taken care of. I do however think (as someone posted on another thread) that if the Michael's siblings were getting involved in this event that they would be able to talk their mother into joining. Who knows the reason why Katherine got involved. There are a lot of things through this whole hoax that can't be explained because we don't know all of the intricate details. It speaks volumes to me that the Estate hasn't gotten involved. It also speaks volumes that this Tribute has been put together so poorly! I have seen school events go off with a better hitch then this. I'm not arguing I just simply disagree. No disrespect intended.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~Mish~

"Breathe in waves of doubt, bitter in your mouth" - Toad The Wet Sprocket

Since when Chris Brown, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars are world's biggest artists to be invited & reject Mrs. Kathrine's invitation? Jeez, mama, invite stars who relatively as big and good as MICHAEL.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

Since when Chris Brown, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars are world's biggest artists to be invited & reject Mrs. Kathrine's invitation? Jeez, mama, invite stars who relatively as big and good as MICHAEL.

I completely agree!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~Mish~

"Breathe in waves of doubt, bitter in your mouth" - Toad The Wet Sprocket

Why dont they invite me?
I can do playback and let Mike do the singing  mj_bad/
 lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

I agree that MJ is the Estate or would like to believe so but if he is then why isn't the Estate agreeing with the Tribute? Or have I missed that? I have to disagree with you on the artist choice. Not all of them are on top of their game. Christina? Really? She's not even on the Top 100 artist list. I have a 17 year old who changes her favorite artist depending on who's on top and she doesn't listen to half of the ones listed for this event. I don't think the family is money hungry, I'm sure that Michael is taking care of his mother and children who are the ones that need to be taken care of. I do however think (as someone posted on another thread) that if the Michael's siblings were getting involved in this event that they would be able to talk their mother into joining. Who knows the reason why Katherine got involved. There are a lot of things through this whole hoax that can't be explained because we don't know all of the intricate details. It speaks volumes to me that the Estate hasn't gotten involved. It also speaks volumes that this Tribute has been put together so poorly! I have seen school events go off with a better hitch then this. I'm not arguing I just simply disagree. No disrespect intended.
In the past MJ's brothers constantly pressured him to do another tour with them, and when he always said no, they pressured their mom to pressure MJ. As MJ predicted, the tours, even if he joined, seemed to go wrong because of the way things were handled and people they hired such as Don King. This tribute seems to me like a repeat of those days, but if MJ's behind this, he's drawing attention to this ramshackle methodology. When MJ alone was behind organizing something, it was gauranteed a huge success. I'm sure that anyone here that does any kind of organizing events, would say that singers, speakers, etc. would have to be booked months even 1 or 2 years depending on the popularily of the person, so this business of announce and book guests later, is plain ridiculous.  It makes it look like MJ's truly dead and isn't involved, and it makes his family look incompetent. Maybe that's the intention, IDK.  As usual we just have to 'keep watching'!

For me, hearing anyone else singing MJ's songs is agony, not even pleasurable, although I don't mind seeing dancers to MJ's music.  Let the stars sing their own songs that tell of their love for MJ rather.
Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:14:35 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

In the past MJ's brothers constantly pressured him to do another tour with them, and when he always said no, they pressured their mom to pressure MJ. As MJ predicted, the tours, even if he joined, seemed to go wrong because of the way things were handled and people they hired such as Don King. This tribute seems to me like a repeat of those days, but if MJ's behind this, he's drawing attention to this ramshackle methodology. When MJ alone was behind organizing something, it was gauranteed a huge success. I'm sure that anyone here that does any kind of organizing events, would say that singers, speakers, etc. would have to be booked months even 1 or 2 years depending on the popularily of the person, so this business of announce and book guests later, is plain ridiculous.  It makes it look like MJ's truly dead and isn't involved, and it makes his family look incompetent. Maybe that's the intention, IDK.  As usual we just have to 'keep watching'!

For me, hearing anyone else singing MJ's songs is agony, not even pleasurable, although I don't mind seeing dancers to MJ's music.  Let the stars sing their own songs that tell of their love for MJ rather.

I agree that everything should be planned out before it's even mentioned. I'm with a fire department where I live and every year we have a banquet to celebrate the years we have been in service. Each and every year we have a speaker join us for the evening and speak about different things. Now this is just 1 person who normally talks for about 15 to 20 minutes. The point being is, I am on the committee that makes request to those we would like to speak. We have someone lined up for the following banquet before we have even celebrated that year. We also don't tell everyone in the department until we are certain they are going to commit to the appearance. Now if a Fire Department can do this (and it's not rocket science) I would hope that a "world renown" agency can do this as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions