Katherine Jackson Courting MASSIVE Stars for MJ Tribute Show
8 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's mom has personally reached out to some of the biggest music stars in the world in the hopes of getting them to perform at the big MJ tribute show in October ... but only ONE of them is a definite YES ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to the concert tell us ... Jay-Z, Kanye West, Cee Lo, Chris Brown, Justin Bieber, Christina Aguilera, Usher and Bruno Mars have each received an invitation (pictured above) from Katherine Jackson ... asking them to perform 1 or 2 of their favorite MJ songs in Cardiff, Wales on Oct. 8.

Katherine promises each star who signs on will be provided with "first class travel accommodations."

We're told Chris Brown, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars have each respectfully declined the invite due to scheduling conflicts ... however, Christina and Kanye are leaning towards "Yes."

As for the one person who's already signed on the dotted line -- sources tell us Cee Lo from Gnarls Barkley was quick to commit.

Tickets to the event have not gone on sale yet -- but promoters say they will become available once a complete line-up is booked.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

_Anna_

I don't know how to take all these. I don't know if it looks like Michael's hand in this all.
I don't understand WHY they would go on with a tribute if Michael is alive.
I don't see the motive behind it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Anna- Maybe the estate has been bombarded with questions from the nonbelievers about  a tribute show.
For those who believe he is dead it must seem strange that there hasn't been a show yet...
so it might be for that reason...

one thing that is a bit odd to me is the location of the tribute: why in  Cardiff, Wales  out of all places in the world.*???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

_Anna_

I don't know. I can't take out of my mind the fact that some Jacksons are money grabbers. The whole organization is ridiculous and completely unproffesional. They announced it on July 25, saying there will be another press conference on August 3rd and the tickets would go on sale on 4th; it was canceled based on ridiculous explanation. And so on. Everything is done unprofessional, IF it's real.

If this is meant to be a mindblowing tribute, the greatest, etc., as they described it, with the greatest artists in the world, why Justin Biber, Chris Brown, Gnarls Barkley, etc.? THESE are the greatest artists they were talking about? One would think about Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder, Quincy Jones, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Lionel Richie, Elton John, who really have connection with Michael.

Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:06:03 AM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Only 1 artist so far doesn't sound very promising to me. I don't think this tribute will happen and I hope it doesn't nothing worse than other artist trying to perform MJ's songs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

totally agree with coments so far. Only Michael should sing Michaels songs. The greatest artists???? What about Acon, and yes Dianna Ross Quincy Jones etc??? It sounds second rate, I hope it doesnt go ahead!!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't know. I can't take out of my mind the fact that some Jacksons are money grabbers. The whole organization is ridiculous and completely unproffesional. They announced it on July 25, saying there will be another press conference on August 3rd and the tickets would go on sale on 4th; it was canceled based on ridiculous explanation. And so on. Everything is done unprofessional, IF it's real.

If this is meant to be a mindblowing tribute, the greatest, etc., as they described it, with the greatest artists in the world, why Justin Biber, Chris Brown, Gnarls Barkley, etc.? THESE are the greatest artists they were talking about? One would think about Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder, Quincy Jones, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Lionel Richie, Elton John, who really have connection with Michael.

you have reason Anna, are all artists more large?...nooo, and as regards the Organization of this "tribute" I think first you should contact the artiatas supposedly participate and then makes the announcement, not I say
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This tribute is reminding me of another tribute that fell through the cracks. I wonder if it'll even happen. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

~Souza~

lolol/

Nothing on CeeLo's webpage or Twitter so far.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
yea why in Cardiff bounce/ ?
Makes no sense.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

goat

I agree that it is a little strange that this is supposedly taking place in cardiff but it is certainly not a surprise as to those artists who are said to be performing.Diana ross,stevie and lionel etc are true greats to many of us but the new generation dont recognise those like we do.It is clearly something that is aimed at moneymaking rather than a fitting tribute for the legend of legends but then I dont think we should be taking this too seriously.Still no dates confirming birth-death.......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thank you for sharing this with us. What about Craig David? He supposedly is a for sure - why wasn't his name on the list of definite performers? BTW - I had never heard of Craig David before yesterday...is he very well known?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

goat

craig david is well known here in england but hasnt released anything noteworthy for a while now and is certainly not a name I would associate with an mj tribute.Oh by the way,im sure most know this already but michael performed at the cardiff arms park in 1988.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Anna, I agree 100% with you about the artist selection. They should have artists that know MJ on a personal level. To hear Justin Bieber do an MJ song would be a little strange to me, no offense to him or his fans. If they only want young, hip artists then I would say its all for ratings. Not MJ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The "line-up" of artist that they are trying to put together is ridiculous. I am sure that each artist is great in their own way but are they able to hold a candle to Michael? HM, no! Also, who would want to go to see another artist sing their rendition of the song? When I think of one of Michael's songs I feel as if I get my own personal concert in my head. I can hear every beat and every verse and more importantly the way that every note that came out of his mouth was done in such perfection. Perhaps it's because I have grown to appreciate what each artist has done of their own and hearing someone else is just going to ruin the song for me. Just thinking out loud.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions