PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My friend and I were just texting back and forth about this and how we think it's just plain wrong to re-make Dirty Dancing!!  Then she replied, "I'll probably go see it though."  And I said, "I'll go with you."  LOL.

:lol: yeah I will definitely watch it too. I do not know if Michael is directing it with Kenny but why not. I need to see the trailer of the movie first and we will see if Michael is also behind it or not. That Lions Gate Entertainment link with PPB movie can be something.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

Baby Loves Dirty Dancing Remake

Dirty Dancing star Jennifer Grey "so excited" about remake

August 10, 2011

Audience reaction is mixed to news of a planned remake of Dirty Dancing, but at least one fan of the original thinks it's a great idea.

Jennifer Grey, who starred with Patrick Swayze in the 1987 classic, says she's thrilled the movie is being remade – and thinks director Kenny Ortega is the perfect person to bring the story back to the silver screen.

High School Musical director Ortega choreographed all of the dirty dancing for the original movie.

"I'm so excited about this news and I think there's nobody better to do this than my beloved Kenny Ortega, who is as responsible as anyone for the success of the first one," Grey tells the Wall Street Journal. "I can't wait to see what he's going to do with it."

The star also took to the social networking website Twitter to tweet that she believes Ortega "will do something special" with the planned remake.

News came earlier this week that Lionsgate is planning a modernized remake of the smash-hit film about a young woman's coming-of-age at a summer resort in the Catskills.

HOW IRONIC JENNIFER GREY IS EXCITED FOR THE REMAKE, AND SHE WAS THE ACTRESS IN THE DIRTY DANCING WITH PATRICK SWAYZE. SO I GUESS IT MUST BE A GREAT IDEA AFTER ALL. BLESSINGS.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

two words:
Grease 2  afraid/

Totally agree :o  grease 2 is horrible lolll
and for the remix of dirty dancing : NEVER TOUCH A CLASSIC MOVIE....IMO, no one will be as good as Patrick Swayze...no one....Already, Black eyed peas remix the song Time of my life...i was like  :shock: :?  when i hear that...how can you do that....and after that, my students love this song and told me: I heard the first song and it come from an horrible movie from the 80's...  >:( 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions