finfinTopic starter

It seems that the costume designer for the Immortal World Tour is the same as for This Is It.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtRKSox9CWI [/youtube]

August 1st, 2011
Immortal World Tour: MJ Holograms & MJ’s Vocals

Michael Jackson’s multi-track vocals will be placed over a live band, which includes several key players who had toured with the pop star, such as keyboardist and music director Greg Phillinganes and drummer Jonathan “Sugarfoot” Moffett. Patrons who expect a show similar to most Cirque du Soleil shows will likely be surprised. “It’s different,” says Stephane Mongeau, executive producer for Cirque. “It’s a live concert with musicians, dancers and acrobats.”

Michael will always be present during the show through video and new technology, especially holographic technology,” says King.

“Most importantly, because it is a music-driven show, we’re working with Michael’s catalog. Michael is really the narrator, his voice will always be there.”

With a development budget north of $50 million, the production touts 65 Jackson songs, including standard arrangements, remixes and mash-ups; Jackson’s choreography; and Cirque’s trademark acrobatics.

“It will be unlike any other rock show that you may have seen before,” boasts James King, who began the project in March 2010. “It is a hybrid where we are taking the idea of a rock show and a Cirque show and taking it on the road.”

Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:26:39 AM by finfin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

everlastinglove_MJ

Thanks for this news! :)
Michael is really the narrator, his voice will always be there.”

Really? ;)

Noun 1. narrator - someone who tells a story           
storyteller, teller
anecdotist, raconteur - a person skilled in telling anecdotes
fabulist - a person who tells or invents fables
griot - a storyteller in West Africa; perpetuates the oral traditions of a family or village
speaker, talker, verbaliser, verbalizer, utterer - someone who expresses in language; someone who talks (especially someone who delivers a public speech or someone especially garrulous); "the speaker at commencement"; "an utterer of useful maxims"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

pepper

To me, it is weird how he says "Hi, my name is Zaldy and I am the costume designer for Michael Jackson's Immortal World Tour..."

A couple of sentences later he talks about "working with Cirque..."

I guess it's the same weirdness that I felt about "Michael Jackson's This Is It" when the movie came out.

It just doesn't sound like "Michael Jackson" in either of these cases is a "dead" person.  How can a "dead" person be that involved in something that their name is put into the title like that?

Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:40:49 PM by pepper
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This concert will be in Tulsa Oklahoma in Feburary. Im so excited!!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~~spreading the love~~~lets heal the world~~
~~Oklahomas most dedicated fan....Sheryll~~
~~~~~~~I Love U Michael~~~~~~~

SpeedDemon1987

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • I'm Standin' Though You're Kickin' Me
Holographic technology? What's to say that its not Michael himself? Of course, I have doubts about that as well, but how would we know that it's actually a hologram? Maybe we could throw something at it/him?!  :D Just a thought guys, no offense intended....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I ask for a bad guy, and they give me MICHAEL JACKSON?!?!?"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xmsjqESxLk&playnext=1&list=PLDE3AEA0963A9EA82[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCmTJRgV2WM[/youtube]
Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:23:43 AM by darkchild
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

A few things in Zaldy's video that stood out to me:

:34 as he is talking, he looks away, to the side...like someone does when they are lying

1:26 he mentions the phrase "our soldiers...what we have ended up with is something really spectacular"
        ( I think we are rather spectacular aren't we...soldiers of LOVE, believers etc....)

1:41  he mentions "bringing to life...this magical world" 
         (I like that phrase...bring it Zaldy!)

Maybe I am crazy, however, all this holographic, ubber-real-looking, duet-doing (remember Paul Anka & This Is It) stuff is making no sense to me.  If Michael were really dead....it's bit creepy to me really.  I remember Natalie Cole singing with her father via technology, I think Elvis has done this too.  For some reason, it's different with Michael.  Maybe because he is so recently "dead".  He really just died two years ago and his "magical world" is being brought back to life......it is creepy.
I am probably over-hoaxed at this point and need a break.  Any birthday cake left????

Have a beautiful day everyone!
Blessings!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BTW.....those are great videos darkchild.  Thank you for posting them.  It's was really interesting to see LaToya sing in Russia. 
Have a great day!
Blessings to you
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CC

and the musical director is greg phillynganes or something like that, the same as thriller and other album and is the one who do the music or lyrics (i dont remember) for nehind the mask

you can see some videos here, you can only watch it if you have the link, are not listed!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

About the hologram of Michael, so sorry to say this but I think it's from this perfomance:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fobt5nSpwhY[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CC

@allforlove
was said and explained in other topic that to do an hollogram you need a live person with the things connected, you can´t do it from a video...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

@allforlove
was said and explained in other topic that to do an hollogram you need a live person with the things connected, you can´t do it from a video...

I don't know how hollogram works, but I think they used the same system as Celine with Elvis.
watch this, beautiful duet and song.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7OFl3TJSUk[/youtube]

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

@allforlove

I don't know how hollogram works, but I think they used the same system as Celine with Elvis.

The way they did this bit of hollywood magic, was by having a double Elvis look alike, lip sync on stage, the studio audience didn't get to see Elvis, all they saw was a lip syncing double, but for at home viewers the special effects wizards superimposed Elvis' voice and image on the double, so that the audience at home saw Celine Dion performing with what seemed to be the King of Rock and Roll. The double had to rehearse and learn exactly how Elvis performed that song exactly like the video to have the movements match up and everything. At the end when Ryan Seacrest approached the young girl and said "You look confused, that's all right I will explain it in a lil' bit" or something like that, that was because all the girl and the rest of the studio audience saw was a body double, who probably looked nothing like Elvis, lol.
The only way to do a real hologram, by real I mean having a hologram appear on stage, is by having a person hooked up to the things as mentioned before. So I don't know how it's possible to have a hologram of Michael on stage, because to the studio audience actually watching, it would look just like a body double dancing and lip syncing, the only way to be able to see Michael is if they had big humongous screens over the stage, in which the image of Michael is super imposed on the body double... If there is ever a real hologram, then I don't know, it would have to be someone who looks and moves exactly like Michael. I can only imagine how hard it would be for a body double to learn a Michael Jackson performance video to the tee and be able to perform it live in sync with the superimposed image. Who knows, but that Elvis and Celine Dion duet was so flippin' strange, it truly looked like Elvis was there, right there singing with her. It was so surreal.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are only as alone, as we choose to be.
"That we are not separate and alone, but each of our hearts beat within the chaos and wonder of the universe. That our souls were created from the light of a billion stars."
Libravalidusamare
Do not forget to love

@allforlove

The way they did this bit of hollywood magic, was by having a double Elvis look alike, lip sync on stage, the studio audience didn't get to see Elvis, all they saw was a lip syncing double, but for at home viewers the special effects wizards superimposed Elvis' voice and image on the double, so that the audience at home saw Celine Dion performing with what seemed to be the King of Rock and Roll. The double had to rehearse and learn exactly how Elvis performed that song exactly like the video to have the movements match up and everything. At the end when Ryan Seacrest approached the young girl and said "You look confused, that's all right I will explain it in a lil' bit" or something like that, that was because all the girl and the rest of the studio audience saw was a body double, who probably looked nothing like Elvis, lol.
The only way to do a real hologram, by real I mean having a hologram appear on stage, is by having a person hooked up to the things as mentioned before. So I don't know how it's possible to have a hologram of Michael on stage, because to the studio audience actually watching, it would look just like a body double dancing and lip syncing, the only way to be able to see Michael is if they had big humongous screens over the stage, in which the image of Michael is super imposed on the body double... If there is ever a real hologram, then I don't know, it would have to be someone who looks and moves exactly like Michael. I can only imagine how hard it would be for a body double to learn a Michael Jackson performance video to the tee and be able to perform it live in sync with the superimposed image. Who knows, but that Elvis and Celine Dion duet was so flippin' strange, it truly looked like Elvis was there, right there singing with her. It was so surreal.

It's NOT double. Also at 1.41 you can clearly see Elvis' broken little finger..
Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 02:15:09 AM by scorpionchik
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

Dynamic holography

In static holography, recording, developing and reconstructing occur sequentially, and a permanent hologram is produced.

There also exist holographic materials that do not need the developing process and can record a hologram in a very short time. This allows one to use holography to perform some simple operations in an all-optical way. Examples of applications of such real-time holograms include phase-conjugate mirrors ("time-reversal" of light), optical cache memories, image processing (pattern recognition of time-varying images), and optical computing.

The amount of processed information can be very high (terabits/s), since the operation is performed in parallel on a whole image. This compensates for the fact that the recording time, which is in the order of a microsecond, is still very long compared to the processing time of an electronic computer. The optical processing performed by a dynamic hologram is also much less flexible than electronic processing. On one side, one has to perform the operation always on the whole image, and on the other side, the operation a hologram can perform is basically either a multiplication or a phase conjugation. In optics, addition and Fourier transform are already easily performed in linear materials, the latter simply by a lens. This enables some applications, such as a device that compares images in an optical way.[29]

The search for novel nonlinear optical materials for dynamic holography is an active area of research. The most common materials are photorefractive crystals, but in semiconductors or semiconductor heterostructures (such as quantum wells), atomic vapors and gases, plasmas and even liquids, it was possible to generate holograms.

A particularly promising application is optical phase conjugation. It allows the removal of the wavefront distortions a light beam receives when passing through an aberrating medium, by sending it back through the same aberrating medium with a conjugated phase. This is useful, for example, in free-space optical communications to compensate for atmospheric turbulence (the phenomenon that gives rise to the twinkling of starlight
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions