You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
8 minutes ago by TMZ Staff 

Jermaine and Randy Jackson are DEAD SET against the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login tribute concert announced today by members of the Jackson family ... calling it "inappropriate" and "ill-timed."

Katherine, La Toya, Jackie, Tito and Marlon all attended a press conference today to announce the show in Cardiff, Wales on October 8. Katherine said it would be a "world-class event."

But Jermaine and Randy don't see it that way -- releasing their own statement against the concert, saying, "We find it impossible to support an event that is due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death ... We feel it is inappropriate to be involved with such an ill-timed event."

As of now, tickets go on sale August 4. The family has not announced who will be performing at the show.

Bad timing?

65%Yes
    35%No

Total Votes: 788
Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:50:27 PM by brunob12
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

go on dance on the floor in the round, baby

L.O.V.E lives forever!

It's about time TMZ!!!  ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Well, it says they don't know yet who will be performing, yet they DO know what day to start selling tickets?  They want to grab an audience before people know who they are going to see?  Crazy.  I wouldn't go just to see anyone but Michael, because most of the rest of them are out there with a book or interview every few days.  Well, I'd go see Janet in concert...
It is weird though, that even Katherine is on board with this, and not Jermaine or Randy, during the trial.  Are they wanting to shift the focus to Michael's wonderful talents and all the world lost, seeing as the judge won't allow in his rehearsal performances?  Cuz, jury selection don't even begin til early Sept.
I'm surprised "show boat" Jermaine isn't on board though, I understand Randy, who has always taken a different view of the spotlight.
What do you all think of the timing of this...let alone the concert?  I'd sure love for it to be the bam!!  But, then, if I don't buy a ticket I'm sure not going to be happy....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

What you are talking about Jermaine?, and when he makes his presentations and what it does is talk and sing songs by Michael, ..these assumptions conflicts is to be in the news argue/ ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Tweet Teddy
THANK YOU GOD FOR THIS DAY I WILL REMEMBER. TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISE. I WAS BORN THE 8TH DAY OF OCT. THATS WHEN HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD.
1:43 AM May 17th via web

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Tweet Teddy
THANK YOU GOD FOR THIS DAY I WILL REMEMBER. TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISE. I WAS BORN THE 8TH DAY OF OCT. THATS WHEN HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD.

??? This is so interesting that Teddy made this tweet. That's when he rose from the dead and 8th of October.  :o Is this something about Jesus? Well, they will be selling the tickets in August but they still don't know who are going to be on that stage. That's weird. Randy and Jermaine don't agree with the rest of the family. Contradiction once again.  ::)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It's interesting that Global Live is written 'Globalive' in the red curtain.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

L.O.V.E lives forever!

Tweet Teddy

Hmm...so far I can't seem to find anything significant about that date in history. That can't be a coincidence! Anyone have any clue what Teddy means?  Perhaps that's the day for the bam. Would make sense to have it be during the trial, but I still don't think anyone is going to give us the date ahead of time. But this is interesting...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

Will this tribute take place? Hhhmmmm... well i think i need to be patient.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

It's interesting that Global Live is written 'Globalive' in the red curtain.
That is interesting indeed. Perhaps their logo appearing as such is the reason they were chosen (unbeknown to them) to produce this faux-tribute.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Grace

it's BAD timing...

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

MJonmind

“The family has not announced who will be performing at the show.” (Maybe ahem--the man himself!)
“World-class event”
“due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death” (deliciously ironic!)
“ill-timed event” (MJ knows nothing about timing--things just randomly happen to him-haha)
Globalive   (global-alive) (red curtain)
TR – “THANK YOU GOD FOR THIS DAY I WILL REMEMBER. TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISE. I WAS BORN THE 8TH DAY OF OCT. THATS WHEN HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD.”
“Cardiff”

Grace and Bec (maybe others) have posted in the past about this, but it just SO-O intrigues me. It's just plain witty, cheeky, funny, genius!!

The Cardiff Giant was one of the most famous hoaxes in United States history. It was a 10-foot (3.0 m) tall purported "petrified man" uncovered on October 16, 1869 by workers digging a well behind the barn of William C. "Stub" Newell in Cardiff, New York. Both it and an unauthorized copy made by P.T. Barnum are still on display.
<snip>

The giant was the creation of a New York tobacconist named George Hull. Hull, an atheist, decided to create the giant after an argument at a Methodist revival meeting about the passage in Genesis 6:4 stating that there were giants who once lived on Earth.[1]

The idea of a petrified man did not originate with Hull, however. In 1858 the newspaper Alta California had published a bogus letter claiming that a prospector had been petrified when he had drunk a liquid within a geode. Some other newspapers also had published stories of supposedly petrified people.[2]

Hull hired men to carve out a 10-foot (3.0 m) long, 4.5-inch block of gypsum in Fort Dodge, Iowa, telling them it was intended for a monument to Abraham Lincoln in New York. He shipped the block to Chicago, where he hired a German stonecutter to carve it into the likeness of a man and swore him to secrecy.

Various stains and acids were used to make the giant appear to be old and weathered, and the giant's surface was beaten with steel knitting needles embedded in a board to simulate pores. In November 1868 then Hull transported the giant by rail to the farm of William Newell, his cousin. By then, he had spent US$2,600 on the hoax.

Nearly a year later, Newell hired Gideon Emmons and Henry Nichols, ostensibly to dig a well, and on October 16, 1869 they found the giant. One of the men reportedly exclaimed, "I declare, some old Indian has been buried here!"[2]

Exhibition and exposure as fraud

Newell set up a tent over the giant and charged 25 cents for people who wanted to see it. Two days later he increased the price to 50 cents.[2] People came by the wagon load.

Archaeological scholars pronounced the giant a fake, and some geologists even noticed that there was no good reason to try to dig a well in the exact spot the giant had been found. Yale palaeontologist Othniel C. Marsh called it "a most decided humbug". Some Christian fundamentalists and preachers, however, defended its authenticity.[3]

Eventually, Hull sold his part-interest for $23,000 to a syndicate of five men headed by David Hannum. They moved it to Syracuse, New York for exhibition. The giant drew such crowds that showman P. T. Barnum offered $50,000 for the giant. When the syndicate turned him down he hired a man to model the giant's shape covertly in wax and create a plaster replica. He put his giant on display in New York, claiming that his was the real giant and the Cardiff Giant was a fake.[2]

As the newspapers reported Barnum's version of the story, David Hannum was quoted as saying, "There's a sucker born every minute" in reference to spectators paying to see Barnum's giant. Over time, the quotation has been misattributed to Barnum himself.

Hannum sued Barnum for calling his giant a fake, but the judge told him to get his giant to swear on his own genuineness in court if he wanted a favorable injunction.[2]

On December 10, Hull confessed to the press. On February 2, 1870 both giants were revealed as fakes in court. The judge ruled that Barnum could not be sued for calling a fake giant a fake.

Cardiff, Wales and Cardiff, New York. Is this a fake resurrection, getting the public and fans ready for the REAL  REAL  AUTHENTIC  fake resurrection of Michael Jackson?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tweet Teddy

Hmm...so far I can't seem to find anything significant about that date in history. That can't be a coincidence! Anyone have any clue what Teddy means?  Perhaps that's the day for the bam. Would make sense to have it be during the trial, but I still don't think anyone is going to give us the date ahead of time. But this is interesting...

I don't think the bamsday would be announced. It's more Michael's style do it as a surprise, when nobody expects it, so that it's a real bam.

Or else MJ is very angry at Teddy now, lol.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

L.O.V.E lives forever!

Sarahli

I think that bamsday will not be announced specifically as being bamsday per se but in a rather more subtle way like "world wide event" for example or another "tribute" so that we expect something without necessarily knowing that it is Michael's return... so there will still be the effect of surprise. I just think that it doesn't make sense otherwise because people will simply miss that day if it's not announced somehow...maybe not believers who come and check every hoax move LOL ... but the world at large. I'm not saying that this one is bamsday though, it seems more like the prelude of something else to come...maybe.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

“The family has not announced who will be performing at the show.” (Maybe ahem--the man himself!)
“World-class event”
“due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death” (deliciously ironic!)
“ill-timed event” (MJ knows nothing about timing--things just randomly happen to him-haha)
Globalive   (global-alive) (red curtain)
TR – “THANK YOU GOD FOR THIS DAY I WILL REMEMBER. TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISE. I WAS BORN THE 8TH DAY OF OCT. THATS WHEN HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD.”
“Cardiff”

Grace and Bec (maybe others) have posted in the past about this, but it just SO-O intrigues me. It's just plain witty, cheeky, funny, genius!!

The Cardiff Giant was one of the most famous hoaxes in United States history. It was a 10-foot (3.0 m) tall purported "petrified man" uncovered on October 16, 1869 by workers digging a well behind the barn of William C. "Stub" Newell in Cardiff, New York. Both it and an unauthorized copy made by P.T. Barnum are still on display.
<snip>

The giant was the creation of a New York tobacconist named George Hull. Hull, an atheist, decided to create the giant after an argument at a Methodist revival meeting about the passage in Genesis 6:4 stating that there were giants who once lived on Earth.[1]

The idea of a petrified man did not originate with Hull, however. In 1858 the newspaper Alta California had published a bogus letter claiming that a prospector had been petrified when he had drunk a liquid within a geode. Some other newspapers also had published stories of supposedly petrified people.[2]

Hull hired men to carve out a 10-foot (3.0 m) long, 4.5-inch block of gypsum in Fort Dodge, Iowa, telling them it was intended for a monument to Abraham Lincoln in New York. He shipped the block to Chicago, where he hired a German stonecutter to carve it into the likeness of a man and swore him to secrecy.

Various stains and acids were used to make the giant appear to be old and weathered, and the giant's surface was beaten with steel knitting needles embedded in a board to simulate pores. In November 1868 then Hull transported the giant by rail to the farm of William Newell, his cousin. By then, he had spent US$2,600 on the hoax.

Nearly a year later, Newell hired Gideon Emmons and Henry Nichols, ostensibly to dig a well, and on October 16, 1869 they found the giant. One of the men reportedly exclaimed, "I declare, some old Indian has been buried here!"[2]

Exhibition and exposure as fraud

Newell set up a tent over the giant and charged 25 cents for people who wanted to see it. Two days later he increased the price to 50 cents.[2] People came by the wagon load.

Archaeological scholars pronounced the giant a fake, and some geologists even noticed that there was no good reason to try to dig a well in the exact spot the giant had been found. Yale palaeontologist Othniel C. Marsh called it "a most decided humbug". Some Christian fundamentalists and preachers, however, defended its authenticity.[3]

Eventually, Hull sold his part-interest for $23,000 to a syndicate of five men headed by David Hannum. They moved it to Syracuse, New York for exhibition. The giant drew such crowds that showman P. T. Barnum offered $50,000 for the giant. When the syndicate turned him down he hired a man to model the giant's shape covertly in wax and create a plaster replica. He put his giant on display in New York, claiming that his was the real giant and the Cardiff Giant was a fake.[2]

As the newspapers reported Barnum's version of the story, David Hannum was quoted as saying, "There's a sucker born every minute" in reference to spectators paying to see Barnum's giant. Over time, the quotation has been misattributed to Barnum himself.

Hannum sued Barnum for calling his giant a fake, but the judge told him to get his giant to swear on his own genuineness in court if he wanted a favorable injunction.[2]

On December 10, Hull confessed to the press. On February 2, 1870 both giants were revealed as fakes in court. The judge ruled that Barnum could not be sued for calling a fake giant a fake.

Cardiff, Wales and Cardiff, New York. Is this a fake resurrection, getting the public and fans ready for the REAL  REAL  AUTHENTIC  fake resurrection of Michael Jackson?

Genius!! Good catch on the Cardiff parallel. We all know how much MJ admired the work of PT Barnum. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal