This will be be my second post on the new forum so I can't say anything about it yet. I just have to find my way and get used to this new forum just like I had to accustomed to the old one.I'm sure this won't take long.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It will take some getting use to.  But we always master the changes.  As long as it was to keep us hack-free, then it’s all good.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

It's definitely different and a change from the other forum. What I've noticed is that the quick reply button doesn't seem to work for me. I also miss seeing the personalized forum that clearly marked this site as a Michael Jackson forum. Now it seems very generic. I hope this isn't the final product.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi! I was just wondering if this new forum will have the "new posts" button like that last one. That really helped me keep up with all the latest. Or, if there is a button on here which directs to me something like that, please let me know.

The forum is impressive!

I was wondering that as well.

And me  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sue

Nyuki

[ The other forum when you wanted to logout, there was the appropriate button LOGOUT, now when I want to logout I can't .

I've found the button, but it doesn't work aaarrrggggggg. And I really want to logout.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

I just logged in and I have barely been 5 mins reading...it counts as 15  :o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

suspicious mind

at the moment i am not sure if the idea that everyone else is as lost as i am is a good thing or a bad thing :D  i have managed my way around to look at a few things and post a little.
it would be really lovely if i could get my signature pic back and figure out how to log out. (as i have mentioned in another post) :D ;) the biggest thing for me is i don't feel too comfortable poking around in the profile section .
i think souza also wanted things to be a little better organized and that way also a motivation for the change. however i am not so sure if some of us don't actually function better in a more caotic setting. :-\ , but  i think souza has said this is not the finished product so we wait.
seems like what we do best lately anyway doesn't it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Grace

Souza certainly will get rid of those first hand issues and we will adapt to where to find the right button.

Layout is one thing, functions are another one.
Some important aspects are hidden from users in the background like database, server traffic and security.

I agree that the old forum was nice looking and easy to handle.
I trust Souza entirely. She for sure had very good reasons for the change and not only layout related ones.
Let's not forget that our posts and reports are our most valuable and precious capital.
Any measure in securing this from getting lost is right with me.

Blessings and patience to all (I still cannot log out - statistics will all go wrong today LOL)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

all4loveandbelieve

at the moment i am not sure if the idea that everyone else is as lost as i am is a good thing or a bad thing :D  i have managed my way around to look at a few things and post a little.
it would be really lovely if i could get my signature pic back and figure out how to log out. (as i have mentioned in another post) :D ;) the biggest thing for me is i don't feel too comfortable poking around in the profile section .
i think souza also wanted things to be a little better organized and that way also a motivation for the change. however i am not so sure if some of us don't actually function better in a more caotic setting. :-\ , but  i think souza has said this is not the finished product so we wait.

I found out by myself, on the left hand side to the top there is TII icon MJ if you click there you log off. I wrote to Souza about it but by playing with the forum I figured it out. blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

I'm sure that it was very important for Souza to make this change. And this is going to save the forum from getting hacked. I can't say that I'm loving it at the moment but I'm sure that I will get used to it soon. Wish I could see where trending topics are like I did on the old forum. And we lost the smileys. Sorry for the whining, I know this had to be done. I'm just not ok with it at the moment.
My problem is the same "Wish I could see where trending topics are like I did on the old forum. " that's my whole whine nothing else : Thank you for the whole work Souza and the crew.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

i am not finding this icon. anyone else see it?

I found out by myself, on the left hand side to the top there is TII icon MJ if you click there you log off. I wrote to Souza about it but by playing with the forum I figured it out. blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

~Souza~Topic starter

You know what it is guys? I can never do it the right way for all of you. Some want it all, and that simply can't be done. I agree that the old board looks better (still), but it had problems that you couldn't see. It was slowing down the database in a way no one could explain, since the server is fast as hell. It was hacked before and lately I had trouble getting into the admin panel, the mods and myself were unable to edit or delete posts and I did not rust the installation anymore, that is why I decided to move it to another software program as soon as possible. The old board is still working, but I will lock it as an archive.

It took me 12 hours to convert all the posts to the new software and I have a 40 hour a week job, plus I am trying to start a business. My time is limited, but I already opened this forum so that you all would be able to keep up again and post. The lay-out is really not on my priority list, I first want the errors fixed. During a conversion it might be that some things get fucked up, because you are dealing with 2 different software programs. That is why the pm's might not display as they should. I will be able to fix some things, but it might also be possible that we just have to find out some tricks for other things.

This is a fisrt install. All I did was change the menu, added a logo and imported the converted posts. I simply did not have time yet for other things. Main concern was to get it up and running. You can whine about the lay-out or the functions that are different on here, but I remember members reacted the same when I locked MJKIT and opened the previous board. You will get used to it if you would only try. But seriously, the last thing I can use at the moment is complaints about the lay-out. What do you want? a nice looking forum that is slow and might get deleted any minute, or a less nice looking one that is a shit ton faster and secured? You tell me. Also, for your information: I worked three days on the lay-out of the previous board, so believe me, I wish I could have converted it too, but I can't. I have to deal with that. When I have more time on my hands, I might work on a new theme for this one, but not now. For now, just post the actual problems you are experiencing (like that log out button that I will fix) or any other problems. I will update you in this thread, so I will make this a sticky.

For now, to answer some questions on here or in pm:

IP addresses can only be seen by yourself, me and the mods. Same goes for email addresses, but you can to change your profile settings yourself if you want to hide it. Maybe I can set it as default, but I have to get used to the new admin board too, so bear with me. If you don't want it to be seen by others, change it.

Lay-out: see above

Recent posts, first unread post: I will probably have to install a module for that. I have more modules I have to add, like the ability to post YouTubes etc, so I will see what I can do, but please be patient. Although some might think differently, I really am just 1 person, with only 24 hours in a day, a job and also sort of a social life.

Log-out funvtion: will fix that later on. It is indeed as mentioned on MJ's head in the logo for now.

Attachments seem to be not working, will check that out. Might be set to disabled. If so, I will have to see if I will enable it, because attachments are slowing down a server when there are that many as on the old board. There are other ways to post an image, maybe we can open a photogallery where everyone can upload their attachments to post them on here. I will think about that.

PM's: You should be able to send and receive new ones. The old ones are (just like the posts up until July 22) still on the old board. When I have enabled the board again, you will be able to view them there. The old board can be found in the menu on top under archives.

@bec: it seems that you are the only one with that 2-posts-problem. I will message you on msn.

That said I have to say that although it might need some time and work, this forum is very user friendly and I have found some very nice features that can be added. I will all have to check them out still, but when everything is installed and working, I will make a post about how to use the forum and the features. All I need is some time and patience.

My request:

If you see posts that look strange (bb-codes fucked up like images or links, huge fonts etc, report the post to moderator and I will fix it. Also, use this thread for actual problems you experience as in functions, not lay-out. Lastly, suggestions are always welcome, but I am not superwoman and we are dealing with a free software program, which means that we can't have it all and most of all, it's impossible to please everyone. After the complaints about the previous board back in November 2009, I think we can all get used to this one as well. And I even think that in the end, most will be more happy with this one.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Fixed. Thanks Souza.

I just feel the need to whine from time to time.

But what I told you is true, so long as the board is online I am happy. So... I am happy. Without you I would be unhappy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions