all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

Michael Jackson in Kuala Lumpur
July 08, 2011, 04:16:30 PM
[glow=red:1ohw49e0]Michael Jackson in Kuala Lumpur[/glow:1ohw49e0]

Now that I have your attention, let me explain. While we were in Kuala Lumpur, we were wandering around and noticed a soy milk stall that seemed to be pretty popular. Jenkins and I had some delicious soy milk in Singapore so we were looking forward to checking out what Kuala Lumpur (KL) had to offer.

Since it was stifling hot in KL, we ordered a cold soy drink and the vendor asked if we wanted some grass jelly in our soy milk. He assured us that it was a popular option so we decided to give it a try since it only cost about $0.15 CAD extra. After I came back to Vancouver, I found out that this is a pretty popular drink in Malaysia and I suppose due to its colour, Penang vendors started calling it the Michael Jackson, after his Black or White song. And there you have it…Michael Jackson in Kuala Lumpur. I should note that this drink was as tasty as promised and is actually quite easy to make at home. All you need is some sweetened soy milk and a can of grass jelly!

[highlight=#ffffbf:1ohw49e0]* Wow, was I fooled with the title[/highlight:1ohw49e0]. I honestly thought Michael Jackson was in Kuala Lumpur but NO it is a drink called after him.. Never tried Michael Jackson before, maybe this will be a good time to do so..  lolol/  I am very happy to see people all over the world will never forget Michael Jackson. We should do this drink, every super market sell soy milk and grass jelly! We just need to find out how much of the ingredients, and then we can actually say I drank Michael Jackson  lolol/

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson in Kuala Lumpur
July 08, 2011, 04:52:05 PM
I agree :) thanks for sharing!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

July 08, 2011, 05:47:28 PM
WHAT is grass jelly?  and that drink looks YUCKY!!!  Is that really grass in it??  ugh, not for ME...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 08, 2011, 05:56:58 PM
WHAT is grass jelly?  and that drink looks YUCKY!!!  Is that really grass in it??  ugh, not for ME...
oh I found it here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grass_jelly
Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei

Plain grass jelly is mixed in various kinds of desserts, such as ice kacang and cendol. It is also mixed with soy milk to produce a milky white liquid with black strands in it, a drink known as Michael Jackson in South-East Asia (a humorous reference to Michael Jackson's changing skin color and/or the song "Black or White").[6]
[edit] Taiwan

Still sounds incredibly AWFUL...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 09, 2011, 11:44:29 AM
sounds awfully funny too !!!   maybe cute that people are thinking of Michael for their drinks.  
I have to admit, since I drink soy, I would actually try this.

Thanks for sharing !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions