Syria’s Assad over Murdered Boy
June 01, 2011, 02:22:18 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

THIS IS A POLICE BRUTALITY

Clinton denounces Syria’s Assad over murdered boy

EmailPrint..By Laura Rozen laura Rozen – 2 hrs 31 mins ago

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton expressed horror yesterday at the torture and murder of a 13-year-old Syrian boy by Syrian security forces. She denounced Bashar al-Assad's pledges of reform as fraudulent and said the regime has experienced a "total collapse" of political and moral legitimacy.

The boy, Hamza Ali al-Khateeb, was reportedly arrested at a protest near the southern city of Daraa on April 29. His body--mutilated, castrated, face covered with purple bruises--was returned to his family one month later. A YouTube video of the tortured corpse of the boy briefly circulated on the Internet before it was removed; the horrific images have become a new rallying cry for anti-government protesters in Syria.

The murder "symbolizes for many Syrians … the total collapse of any effort by the Syrian government to work with and listen to their own people," Clinton raged at a news conference with the Colombian foreign minister Tuesday.
Assad "has not called an end to the violence against his own people, and he has not engaged seriously in any kind of reform efforts," she continued. "I can only hope that this child did not die in vain but that the Syrian Government will end the brutality and begin a transition to real democracy."

On Wednesday, Human Rights Watch issued a report accusing Syrian security forces of committing crimes against humanity. The report, based on interviews with more than 50 witnesses, estimates that at least 880 anti-government protesters have been killed in Syria since protests erupted in the country in March, almost 500 in the southern city of Daraa alone.

"For more than two months now Syrian security forces have been killing and torturing their own people with complete impunity," Sarah Leah Whitson, Human Rights Watch's Middle East director, told the Guardian. "They need to stop--and if they don't, it is the Security Council's responsibility to make sure that the people responsible face justice."

U.S. and European efforts to move a UN Security Council resolution condemning Syrian human rights abuses have reportedly been blocked by Russia and China.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

paula-c

Re: Syria’s Assad over Murdered Boy
June 02, 2011, 09:41:25 AM
does not justify the death of any human being, and less when we're talking about kids that have no justification, I would like Mrs. Clinton also expressed his horror at all the children who die almost daily in Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine and now in Libya.

Kabul, may 29 - A barrage of NATO in the South of Afghanistan resulted in the death of 12 children and two women, according to denounce the local authorities. Six others, three of them children, were injured. NATO and the Afghan army are investigating the incident, which occurred yesterday when an American base underwent an insurgent attack in Helmand province.

"The dead are five seven children and two women, and the six injured include three children and a woman," says the provincial Governor's Office said in a statement. The air attack on suspected insurgents, instead reached two houses packed with civilians, a fact that happens relatively often, and which contributes to the low popularity of the international mission in Afghanistan. A few days ago, the Suppression of a popular protest at the death of four Afghans in a military operation caused a dozen deaths in the province of Takhar (North).

A group from the village of Sera Cala (Nawzad district) traveled to the capital of Helmand, Lashkar Gah, with the bodies of eight of the children, one of only two years. "Look, they are not Taliban," they said, after bringing bodies to local journalists and the Governor's residence.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ROFL

June 12, 2011, 07:38:26 PM
Quote from: "paula-c"
does not justify the death of any human being, and less when we're talking about kids that have no justification, I would like Mrs. Clinton also expressed his horror at all the children who die almost daily in Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine and now in Libya.
+1
seriously who is she kidding...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If they could love like you and me, imagine what the world could be.

June 12, 2011, 08:10:57 PM
i wish you had put a warning on this thread about there being a photograph of dead children.

I would have liked to have had the choice over whether or not to view that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always the Angel on My Shoulder

gwynned

June 12, 2011, 08:23:52 PM
Quote from: "Miss.Peppers"
i wish you had put a warning on this thread about there being a photograph of dead children.

Their mothers got no warning.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

June 12, 2011, 08:30:03 PM
Miss.Peppers wrote:

this unfortunately is the reality we are living in this world, for me is not nice to publish these photos
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 12, 2011, 08:52:13 PM
Not exactly the point i was getting at.
I dont need it pointing out to me that "their mothers got no warning" or that "this is real life"
You dont know me or what i have seen in my life.  I only know too well what real life is...   my point is that there should be a warning before people scroll down to see images like that.
I only said it to ask politely...   not to get jumped on.   Im not making an argument here...   im just saying that you should warn people so that they have a choice if they want to view photographs of dead children.  Not everyone wants to see that and we have a choice here on the internet.  We have a choice what we view...   thats why there should be a warning.  Just to help and be kind to other members here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

June 12, 2011, 09:11:31 PM
You dont know me or what i have seen in my life.

or you to me ... Souza if you consider that should not publish photos please delete them
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 12, 2011, 09:46:37 PM

or you to me ... Souza if you consider that should not publish photos please delete them

This is why i am taking a break from this forum.   There seems to be no consideration anymore.  And why do you need to ask Souza?   You have not your own mind to be thoughtful to others????

How do you know there are not mothers on here who have lost children?????  Im just making a point.

Im not asking you to delete them.   Im just saying, in the future, just put a little warning to people when they scroll down.    I think this is taking away from the initial point of the thread, and i apologise for that.   What i said has been made into a big issue.

i bid you well and i bid you farewell.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

June 13, 2011, 09:58:58 AM
Quote from: "Miss.Peppers"
I dont need it pointing out to me that "their mothers got no warning" or that "this is real life"
You dont know me or what i have seen in my life.  I only know too well what real life is...   my point is that there should be a warning before people scroll down to see images like that.
I only said it to ask politely...   not to get jumped on.   Im not making an argument here...   im just saying that you should warn people so that they have a choice if they want to view photographs of dead children.  Not everyone wants to see that and we have a choice here on the internet.  We have a choice what we view...   thats why there should be a warning.  Just to help and be kind to other members here.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous.  The photo in question is very hard to see.  I'm not even sure it's real.  In fact, I would guess it is fake and is being used by the US to justify some kind of intervention.  If it is real, and if we are serious investigators, we need to look at the facts, no matter how troubling they are.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

June 13, 2011, 09:59:37 AM
Miss.Peppers wrote:

paula-c wrote:

This is why i am taking a break from this forum. There seems to be no consideration anymore. And why do you need to ask Souza? You have not your own mind to be thoughtful to others????

How do you know there are not mothers on here who have lost children????? Im just making a point.

Im not asking you to delete them. Im just saying, in the future, just put a little warning to people when they scroll down. I think this is taking away from the initial point of the thread, and i apologise for that. What i said has been made into a big issue.

i bid you well and i bid you farewell.

do not know if you'll read, but I need de Souza and I do not care to continue arguing with you about a question I think is so.
 And also there are mothers who lose their children in these wars cuendo are sent to invade these countries. Bloodthirsty hyenas need PERMANENT ORGY. The climax of the orgy is none other than the rivers of blood spilling on the streets of Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan., Africa, Libya, Palestine and Latin America why not bede piblicar not according to you, not to be published by the horrendous images Africa's children, their faces disfigured full of flies, its look tragic, their bodies mostly skeletons expected to embrace Mother Nature is the eternal rest. It is my last answer for you
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

June 13, 2011, 10:09:32 AM
gwynned wrote:

Miss.Peppers wrote:
You dont know me or what i have seen in my life. I only know too well what real life is... my point is that there should be a warning before people scroll down to see images like that.
I only said it to ask politely... not to get jumped on. Im not making an argument here... im just saying that you should warn people so that they have a choice if they want to view photographs of dead children. Not everyone wants to see that and we have a choice here on the internet. We have a choice what we view... thats why there should be a warning. Just to help and be kind to other members here.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. The photo in question is very hard to see. I'm not even sure it's real. In fact, I would guess it is fake and is being used by the US to justify some kind of intervention. If it is real, and if we are serious investigators, we need to look at the facts, no matter how troubling they are

I can assure you that I have seen this and worse in alternative media
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

June 13, 2011, 10:15:22 AM
gwynned wrote:

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. The photo in question is very hard to see. I'm not even sure it's real. In fact, I would guess it is fake and is being used by the US to justify some kind of intervention. If it is real, and if we are serious investigators, we need to look at the facts, no matter how troubling they are

I can assure you that I have seen this and worse in alternative media[/quote]

I've seen worse, certainly.  I'm just not sure THIS particular event is real.  Seems to convenient for me.  Sad to say, but I am sure AT LEAST one child in the US is brutally beaten every day and it doesn't make front page news.  Besides the video of it looked completely digitized.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

June 13, 2011, 12:33:57 PM
Gwynedd you speak Spanish?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

June 13, 2011, 07:53:56 PM
Gwynedd you speak Spanish?

No mucho.  Solamente un poquito.  Porque?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions