Re: Jackson's mum speaks before trial
May 02, 2011, 10:24:00 AM
Quote from: "starchild"
Quote from: "suspicious mind"
Quote from: "GINAFELICIA"
But I lose hope because she is his mother, how can she lie?!
it's against her religion to lie, it's against commone sense to lie about your child's death.

I prefer to think she doesn't know about the hoax (another unbelievable option...but maybe she did something to upset Michael prior to his death....I don't know what else to think  :? )

i don't know that much about her religion but from the story souza recanted about a family member and jw , it might be that if he chose some other religion that to katherine he might be as good as dead. maybe fordtocarr would know. :?
Perhaps Mrs. Jackson was caught up in the emotions of the moment at the memorial and crying for a different reason to do with the hoax.  As far as her being a JW, personalize it:  If it were your son or daughter living under MJ’s circumstances (however deep the rabbit hole goes), would you play your part in a death hoax to benefit his or her long-term physical and/or mental health and safety?  Just a thought.

I would go along with it, but not lie...not risk my own eternal life or displeasing my God...my sons choices with God are his, but I won't displease God who I love even more than my child.  I'm sure she is pleasing both somehow.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

May 02, 2011, 10:34:29 AM
If Katherine was playing the part assigned to her by police or FBI agents, then she maybe wouldn't see it as lying but obeying directions from law enforcement. A technicality that places the call for it in the hands of someone of authority. suspicious//
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 02, 2011, 10:50:22 AM
Quote from: "RK"
If Katherine was playing the part assigned to her by police or FBI agents, then she maybe wouldn't see it as lying but obeying directions from law enforcement. A technicality that places the call for it in the hands of someone of authority. suspicious//
My opinion also :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

May 14, 2011, 04:42:04 PM
About a month ago I’ve been thinking about how Katherine must feel about the next trial. I wished her strength because I can imagine it could be tough for her, not because of her son’s “death”, even more because of the painful memories about the 2005 trial, which will be brought to surface again. Besides, not less important, is that because of Katherine’s respectable age I’d believe that Katherine shows real emotions about the fact that in spite of her wish to be with her son as much as possible, the complicated (hoax) situation doesn’t allow this, which saddens her. I have to add that I think that Katherine is not lying, because it is a hoax and she is acting. There is a difference between acting and lying. She is acting conform the script, like an actor does in a screenplay for a movie. She is acting for the sake of Michael, she is helping Michael. That is the strong unconditional love of a mother to her son.

Difference Between Acting and Lying
Mar 31st, 2011 | By olivia
Acting vs Lying
Acting and lying have some similarities, that’s why people get confused with the usage of these two words. Lying is pretending and being untruthful. We all start on the practice of lying in our childhood though we are always taught the importance of the virtue of truth. Acting, as we all know is about a person trying to pretend like the character he is playing on screen. In a way then, acting is much like lying. Both try to convince the audience, spinning a falsehood, and leading people into a trap. Both acting and lying take the performer into a position where he is not in control of himself and not exactly himself. But there are striking differences between acting and lying also, that we will understand through this brief discussion.
An actor is a fantastic liar while a liar is a fantastic actor. But the actor lies for the sake of the character he is playing while the liar lies for himself. Acting is an art, and though both the actor as well as audience knows that the actor is lying and just portraying the character, they are led into believing that the actor is really the character on screen. The actor uses all his skills and acting talent to convince the audience that he is the character being portrayed and the lines he is speaking are coming straight from his heart. He makes the audience laugh when he laughs and cry when he cries. He can make the audience mourn when he dies on screen. If an actor can do all this, he is a terrific liar. At the end of the film, audience realizes about the lie in which they were trapped and they appreciate the creativity and talent of the actor.
If a kid is late in reaching school, he lies and pretends about the circumstances that made him late to his teacher. Here, he is also doing the same thing an actor does in a film. The only difference is that a lie takes place in real life, whereas acting is done purposefully to play a character. The real difference lies in intent. When we go to see a film, we know that the actor is lying and only pretending to be what he is not, but we are prepared for this and even pay to see the actor lying. An actor is a professional and we pay his wages when we go to see a movie. On the other end, lying takes place in real life situations and there are no settings, costumes and the director to make people lie.
The other notable difference is that in the case of acting we know that the actor is lying but we accept the fact and even pay for it, whereas in the case of lying we are unprepared and take the liar on face value.

Summary:
• Lying and acting are almost similar things
• Acting makes an actor pretend that he is the character, whereas lying takes place in real life
• The real difference lies in the intent. We know that the actor is lying but are prepared for it and even pay to see him performing, whereas we are unprepared for lying in real life

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The meaning Michael's scribbled note: “Discipline With Love” could be: this hoax is a tough life lesson (awareness), though taught with love.

LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions