PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Trial of Michael Jackson's Doctor: Impartial Jury Elusive

The trial of Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson's doctor, is underway in a Los Angeles courtroom, with attorneys slowly working their way through jury selection.

Murray, who is charged with involuntary manslaughter for negligently supplying the King of Pop with Propofol, is already facing an uphill battle. After the first round of questioning, it's clear that an impartial jury may not be possible.

Out of a pool of hundreds of jurors, over half responded to a questionnaire stating that they are not available for a two month period, reports USA Today. Even worse? Only three of the hundreds said that they know nothing about Conrad Murray--not even that he was Michael Jackson's doctor.

The questionnaire provided to potential jurors asked 117 questions about each person's news intake, how much they know about Jackson's private and public lives, his family, and his financial affairs.

These are pretty standard questions for a jury. The goal is to ascertain just how much the media (especially bloggers) has influenced their opinions in a way that may cause bias. Conrad Murray would not get a fair trial if every juror were a TMZ-reading Michael Jackson fan.

Given the extent to which Michael Jackson's life and death have been publicized, it's going to be very difficult to find jurors disconnected from that portion of pop culture. Hypothetically, jury selection could go on for months until attorneys and the judge are satisfied.

And if they never find an impartial jury? Constitutionally, that means Conrad Murray can't stand trial.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "PureLove"
Trial of Michael Jackson's Doctor: Impartial Jury Elusive

The trial of Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson's doctor, is underway in a Los Angeles courtroom, with attorneys slowly working their way through jury selection.

Murray, who is charged with involuntary manslaughter for negligently supplying the King of Pop with Propofol, is already facing an uphill battle. After the first round of questioning, it's clear that an impartial jury may not be possible.

Out of a pool of hundreds of jurors, over half responded to a questionnaire stating that they are not available for a two month period, reports USA Today. Even worse? Only three of the hundreds said that they know nothing about Conrad Murray--not even that he was Michael Jackson's doctor.

The questionnaire provided to potential jurors asked 117 questions about each person's news intake, how much they know about Jackson's private and public lives, his family, and his financial affairs.

These are pretty standard questions for a jury. The goal is to ascertain just how much the media (especially bloggers) has influenced their opinions in a way that may cause bias. Conrad Murray would not get a fair trial if every juror were a TMZ-reading Michael Jackson fan.

Given the extent to which Michael Jackson's life and death have been publicized, it's going to be very difficult to find jurors disconnected from that portion of pop culture. Hypothetically, jury selection could go on for months until attorneys and the judge are satisfied.

And if they never find an impartial jury? Constitutionally, that means Conrad Murray can't stand trial.

Get the hell outta here  :lol: So that means if they don't find a halfway decent jury he won't be able to stand trial. Wow.... it's like everything is falling in place. All we have to do is wait....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Oath of an L.O.V.E. Soldier--x
I promise to fufill my vow to help the world
Give peace, change, and love to others...
I promise to spread my hero's message to
Those with weak ears and to those who need
A calming word...
I promise to change my shortcomings and become
A better person for me and for society...
I will not chastise the ones who don't beLIEve in him...
I am a L.O.V.E soldier and I am here to make a change...

:lol:  The outcome of this trial should be mind blowing! MJ ceases to amaze us! This whole trial is hilarious, to say the least  :P . Lets hope for this 'speedy trial' to come to a conclusion that falls into Michael's plan. In '93 MJ settled because of his fear of a long drawn out trial in which he had no control of a jury. Well, Mike, you have the whole world paying attention this time, and now they're on YOUR side! And you know we're here with support and prayers!  :D [/i]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Now that's interesting! So if they can't find a jury, there will be no trial? Oh my, and I was so looking forward to it!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

unbelievable indeed!

They should be also asking:
- are you a believer?
- do you know anyone who is a believer?
- do you read MJ hoax forums?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Im_convincedmjalive

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Down Ass G!!! More thaN U know haha! ~Smile~
  • I'm Watchin From -2012- Twilight Zone!:)
One thing I was already aware of is that it will be difficult to find a jury that has not heard of the death of MJ. The media did a real good job of making sure everyone who watched T.V. knew it. One year later they reinforced it by showing tributes to his life on the anniversary. Talking to his inner circle of people who dressed him that day for his Memorial/funeral. There is also the reinactment of that day 6/25/2009 on VH-1. Movies about fake deaths coming soon. Then you have the family continually in the news and on T.V., radio shows, etc. This muddied the waters.

The internet also makes everyone's opinion available to read, influence, and bias perspective juries. The one thing I was not aware of is if they can't find a jury Murray won't go to trial. Hmm that seems weird to me. If the DA is so certain he committed a crime; something seems possible to take this to trial. Alot of time was invested to prove he is what they say he is. Michael went to trial because of a shady DA who pushed it through. I am sure it wasn't easy to find a jury then either but they did it. OJ Simpson was well known also and he went to trial. He also had his trial televised and was found not guilty in front of the world. What's the difference? I am sure it was difficult to find a jury then.

If this is a way to get Murray out of the hoax, ok. I don't see that as being able to prove the points that this was designed to do. If the Justice system works he should get off anyways.

I also thought last night what if a jury member gets selected and they are a believer/hoaxer. I wouldn't say anything. I would make sure my answers got me in.

I have been called for jury duty before and didn't make it because I had previous experience being a defendant/criminal. I also had previous contact with law enforcement.

I am also looking forward to this being aired and shown to the world the absolute bizarreness of this. They have no idea how much they have been tricked.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

The goal is to ascertain just how much the media (especially bloggers) has influenced their opinions in a way that may cause bias. Conrad Murray would not get a fair trial if every juror were a TMZ-reading Michael Jackson fan.

Well, Michael Jackson went to trial and every one read gossips about him, wrote opinions about him, listened about him and knew about him. Were people/ the jury impartial back then?. The media influenced (or tried to influence) the opinions of people. Michael was presented as things he wasn´t and still he faced a trial.

Constitutionally, that means Conrad Murray can't stand trial
 :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

all4loveandbelieve

Who does not know Michael Jackson.. Maybe they should ask the aliens to attend the jury..  :lol:  Maybe they even know who Michael Jackson is... Oh brother.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

“Your life is like a ship. You're the captain of it. The way you steer it is the way that it is going to go.” ~ Michael Jackson

I don't think you can find a Jury who doesn't know Michael or has an opinion about him or Murray. But when Michael stand at trial they managed to form a Jury, so I don't see what the problem is. Well, they have to find a reason to make sure Murray doesn't get a trial,right? First it was because of the evidence of the defense that wasn't ready or something, now this.What more will they come with? :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Quote from: "ForstAMoon"
unbelievable indeed!

They should be also asking:
- are you a believer?
- do you know anyone who is a believer?
- do you read MJ hoax forums?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:lol: Maybe we should attempt to become a jury. :lol:

What happens if Murray doesn't go to trial? The case will be closed? I don't think so. I do believe that there will be a trial, because I do believe that Murray represents Michael in this trial, even the Mann Act issue is the same, and Michael went to trial. So I do believe there will be a trial.
:)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I do not envy that jury if/when they're chosen. How on earth are they ever going to make sense of anything!? They'll need therapy after it's all over!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
beLIEve/All for L.O.V.E merchandise. Super cute!!  

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Click on the beLIEve merchandise on the left under "Browse this Store".

After they read all the evidence, they'll probably come looking to register here!  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Quote from: "TheMoonIsDancing"
After they read all the evidence, they'll probably come looking to register here!  :lol:

:lol:

Don't you feel sorry for those guys? They would be like 'what the hell'? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "PureLove"
Quote from: "TheMoonIsDancing"

:lol:

Don't you feel sorry for those guys? They would be like 'what the hell'? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  :lol:

Haha! :D Good thing im not one of the jurors, because it would be impossible to hold back a huge grin.  :shock:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions