Fulham stars ordered to perform Moonwalk goal celebration on day of Jackson statue unveiling

Last updated at 12:10 AM on 1st April 2011

EXCLUSIVEIn the countdown to Fulham's controversial unveiling of the Michael Jackson statue, Sportsmail can reveal the extraordinary lengths the club are going to in order to mark the occasion.
Club officials have secretly organised a series of mini tributes for Sunday's match against Blackpool at Craven Cottage that could further anger the Fulham fans who are already fuming over the statue that has been erected outside the ground.
Although the match is hardly the highlight of the weekend's Barclays Premier League fixture list, the special Jacko plans could ensure it is talked about for years to come.
 Off The Wall: Fulham's players have spent the week honing their dance moves
Sportsmail can reveal that every member of Fulham's first-team squad have been told they must celebrate any goals in Sunday's clash by performing the Moonwalk in front of the home fans.
Although the order initially went down like a lead balloon, it is believed the players have now warmed to the idea and have been enthusiastically practising behind closed doors at their Motspur Park training base.
Huge Jacko fans Bobby Zamora and Clint Dempsey have taken charge of the sessions, with coaching staff barely able to hide their amusement while watching on.
Yet, it is not just the players who are being roped in for the Jackson tributes.
Every home fan arriving at Craven Cottage on Sunday will find one white glove under their seat.
At the moment the two teams walk out before kick-off, each supporter will be asked to pull on the glove and point to the sky as a mark of respect to the late singer.
This will be the climax of an hour-long Jackson celebration leading up to the opening whistle.
They will scrap the usual pre-match entertainment to play an uninterrupted sequence of the star's greatest hits.
It is unclear whether long-serving matchday announcer 'Diddy' David Hamilton will now attend the game after his usual warm-up duties were scrapped for the day.
However, Fulham officials - who are anxious over a potential fans backlash - will be reassured by the response of the visiting team after an unnamed Blackpool player got whiff of Sunday's plans.
After informing manager Ian Holloway - who is renowned for his sense of humour - they have decided to celebrate any Blackpool goals with the legendary zombie walk from Jackson's Thriller video.
To cap it off, Holloway also has a bet in place with his assistant manager Steve Thompson over how many Jackson song titles he can drop into the post-match TV interview.
With the match being screened live on TV at Sunday lunchtime, it is threatening to go down as the most bizarre in the history of the Premier League.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

Scream

I completely understand the Fulham fans anger and frustration at the statue, he had little to do with the club and I highly doubt Michael had a serious interest in football, in fact I don't think he's the sporting type in general, really.

If they're going to erect a statue it should to someone who is closely connected with club's success in the past, just because Mohammed Al Fayed was friend's with Michael and invited him to ONE game, he thinks that's deserving of a commemerative statue? It's an absolutely ridiculous decison and Al Fayed should start re-consider his position on the club's board IMO, if something like this happened at Derby County then I would certainly call for him to resign.

I'm sure Michael had a good giggle at this, though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I guess todays date gives us good indication of the reason behind this article  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

But I shall wait and see what transpires over the weekend.  It would be quite  8-)   if this were to happen.  ;)

But in truth I think this is because today is 1/4/2011 APRIL FOOLS DAY  :)  :roll:

Stay cool everyone this is just a little joke on the public I think.   :lol:

Bleassings to all.

;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Scream

Oh, it's real...

Fulham fans have already started a petition to have it taken down, apparently.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It sounds very silly  :)

It made me remember Michael Jordan trying to Moonwalk in the Jam video  :lol: He was so cute when he defended himself by telling "hey I have muscels here you know"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: MJ statue....
April 03, 2011, 01:47:53 PM
It don't look like Michael...it looks like that one double...
Help me out...which one?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

xxmjxx

April 03, 2011, 01:53:14 PM
i dont think it looks like michael either,but i love the way he defends michael(the statue).....xx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

April 03, 2011, 02:31:31 PM
All the controversy will just give the club and also MJ more attention which is good for both. MJ lives for controversy (always has/always will). 8-)

I agree it doesn't look like MJ. I haven't seen any sculptures of him that are very true to life. He has the most recognizable face in the world, many impersonators spending big money to look like him. We all agree that Michael's own face has changed and evolved with surgery, vitilago, make-up, age and weight at the time, etc. so much so that we argue about doubles constantly. But we all instantly know when a rendition doesn't look like him, so why don't the artists themselves? Strange.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 03, 2011, 02:38:49 PM
This is what Fayed says:

"Why is it bizarre?" he said. "Football fans love it. If some stupid fans don't understand and appreciate such a gift, they can go to hell.

"I don't want them to be fans. If they don't understand and don't believe in things I believe in, they can go to Chelsea, they can go to anywhere else."

I wonder what he BELIEVES in???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

xxmjxx

April 03, 2011, 02:47:16 PM
Quote from: "fordtocarr"
This is what Fayed says:

"Why is it bizarre?" he said. "Football fans love it. If some stupid fans don't understand and appreciate such a gift, they can go to hell.

"I don't want them to be fans. If they don't understand and don't believe in things I believe in, they can go to Chelsea, they can go to anywhere else."

yea thats what i thought upon reading it hmmmmm.....xx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 03, 2011, 02:47:55 PM
Quote from: "fordtocarr"
This is what Fayed says:

I'm slooooww.  I've been thinking, how do I know this guy's name.  (I KNOW you all realize this already)  His son, Dodi Al Fayed, is the man who was involved with Princess Diana and died in the car crash.  She died hounded by the paparazzis ....so now, of course, I'm wondering a lot..
Such as to this guys 'Things I believe in' statement.
He knew his son died because of the paps..and so did the Princess...and that Michael was also hounded by them.  And now he erects a statue of him and has that statement of his Beliefs??
Do you see?
Any one point me in a direction to his ties to Michael and why he wanted this statue of him?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sun Apr 03 12:30pm EDT

Fulham owner unveils Michael Jackson statue, gives fans ultimatum

"What are you going to do about it?"

When Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed first announced that he was going to have a statue built to honor his friend Michael Jackson and placed outside Craven Cottage, many people thought it was a joke while others wondered what business a statue of the dead singer had at a Premier League stadium.

Well, the former Harrods proprietor followed through on his promise. And on Sunday, before Fulham's match against Blackpool at the quaint little London ground that first opened in 1896, he unveiled the statue to excited fans of the singer and confused fans of Fulham. Al Fayed then danced with children and made it clear that if anyone doesn't like the statue, he doesn't really care.

From the AP:

How sweet. Any Fulham fan upset that a statue was built to honor a man who attended one match with Al Fayed in 1999 instead of a legendary player or someone with an actual association to the sport might want to reconsider their anger, though. After the statue was unveiled, Fulham went on to beat Blackpool 3-0. So, clearly, the odd presence of the King of Pop isn't hurting their results.

A close-up of the awkwardly posed, over-sized action figure statue right this way...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

suspicious mind

Quote from: "scorpionchik"
Sun Apr 03 12:30pm EDT

Fulham owner unveils Michael Jackson statue, gives fans ultimatum

"What are you going to do about it?"

When Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed first announced that he was going to have a statue built to honor his friend Michael Jackson and placed outside Craven Cottage, many people thought it was a joke while others wondered what business a statue of the dead singer had at a Premier League stadium.

Well, the former Harrods proprietor followed through on his promise. And on Sunday, before Fulham's match against Blackpool at the quaint little London ground that first opened in 1896, he unveiled the statue to excited fans of the singer and confused fans of Fulham. Al Fayed then danced with children and made it clear that if anyone doesn't like the statue, he doesn't really care.

From the AP:

How sweet. Any Fulham fan upset that a statue was built to honor a man who attended one match with Al Fayed in 1999 instead of a legendary player or someone with an actual association to the sport might want to reconsider their anger, though. After the statue was unveiled, Fulham went on to beat Blackpool 3-0. So, clearly, the odd presence of the King of Pop isn't hurting their results.

A close-up of the awkwardly posed, over-sized action figure statue right this way...

what things could he be refering to  i am lost here
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal