Re: Conrad Murray: Michael Broke the Syringe!
March 16, 2011, 03:57:36 PM
Quote from: "MJhunny"

So....
why would the FBI have taken prints from that syringe ? (first time i hear of their involvement regarding june 25)

I dont understand why people keep asking this.

Who else would analyse the prints?  Who else has the USA fingerprint database to compare the results with?   The FBI is the government agency with the skills and the data to do this.

Who else do you think would be able to perform this task?  Seriously...  im asking the question as to who else do you think has this capability?  Im confused as to why people are surprised that the FBI are the ones who analyse and store fingerprints in the USA.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always the Angel on My Shoulder

March 16, 2011, 03:59:34 PM
Sorry, but how is it possible to break a syringe??
I thought you can break a needle... but syringe?  :roll:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

March 16, 2011, 04:00:24 PM
Wouldn't they have taken his prints at autopsy?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2011, 04:20:15 PM
Quote from: "Miss.Peppers"

So....
why would the FBI have taken prints from that syringe ? (first time i hear of their involvement regarding june 25)

I dont understand why people keep asking this.

Who else would analyse the prints?  Who else has the USA fingerprint database to compare the results with?   The FBI is the government agency with the skills and the data to do this.

Who else do you think would be able to perform this task?  Seriously...  im asking the question as to who else do you think has this capability?  Im confused as to why people are surprised that the FBI are the ones who analyse and store fingerprints in the USA.

Well tbh i was thinking the LAPD would have taken the prints and that any police department in the USA has access to the print database so they can run comparisson prints themselves when nescesary. like i said i'm understanding here that the FBI was brought in early on and has those prints, and not the LAPD. Which to me would be strange because i was'nt aware that the FBI was involved in taking prints from a scene that was'nt even considered a homicide till two months later.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2011, 04:22:02 PM
Another point which haw just dawned on me:

Murray and Michael were NOT the only two people in that room.

Alvarez the bodyguard has already stated he was in the room and helped to clear some of the medical stuff away.   Then you have Prince and (maybe) Paris entering the room at one point.  Then the paramedics entered.

Then LaToya supposedly came into house and cleared a load of stuff away in big vans...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2011, 04:24:35 PM

Well tbh i was thinking the LAPD would have taken the prints and that any police department in the USA has access to the print database so they can run comparisson prints themselves when nescesary. like i said i'm understanding here that the FBI was brought in early on and has those prints, and not the LAPD. Which to me would be strange because i was'nt aware that the FBI was involved in taking prints from a scene that was'nt even considered a homicide till two months later.

The LAPD may have taken the prints..  but they are centrally stored by the FBI to make a national database.  

The article doesnt say the FBI took the prints...   it says that they have the prints.  This is because they have the national database.
Of course any police force in the USA would be able to run comparisons of prints.  But its the defence asking for them...  not the LAPD. x

Im sure there is some beurocratic reason and red tape for this.
Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:26:46 PM by Miss.Peppers
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mdc

March 16, 2011, 04:26:05 PM
I would imagine a first generation fingerprint would be one that was lifted first from the syringe. If you tried to lift them from the syringe again the fingerprint would be fainter and would not show as much detail thus being harder to absolutely identify the person. I could be wrong though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Number 7

March 16, 2011, 04:26:30 PM
Quote from: "ForstAMoon"
 The defense wants a first generation fingerprint to determine who was handling it.

The defense is asking that the FBI deliver the first generation fingerprint.

The FBI Fingerprint Image Compression Specification
The first-generation fingerprint image encoder. We now outline the details of the first FBI-approved WSQ fingerprint image encoder.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Fingerprint Image Compression and the Wavelet Scalar Quantization Specification
Due to the large number and size of fingerprint images, data compression has to be applied to reduce the storage and communication bandwidth requirements of those images. In response to this need, the FBI developed a fingerprint compression specification, called the wavelet scalar quantization (WSQ). As the name suggests, the specification is based on wavelet compression. In this chapter, we review the WSQ specification and discuss its most important theoretical and practical underpinnings. In particular, we present the way wavelet compression generally works and address the choice of the wavelet, the structure of the subbands, the different quantizations of the various subbands, and the entropy coding of the quantized data. The performance of the WSQ is addressed as well.

Fingerprints Go Digital
The compression target for this first-generation encoder is around 0.75 bits/pixel, which corresponds to about 15:1 compression on average fingerprint images. Current effort is centered on implementing a compliance-testing program at the National Institute of Standards and Technology for certifying commercial implementations of the standard. Testing and certification is essential to ensure interchangeability of data between different implementations and to maintain consistently high image quality. In the future, we also expect digitization of the fingerprint database to facilitate advances in automated fingerprint classification. This is an area of research that has been greatly handicapped in the past by the use of paper-based fingerprint records.

The defense is asking that the FBI use this digital fingerprint technology to compare Michael Jackson's fingerprints (which are on file) to any fingerprints that may be present on the broken syringe.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

March 16, 2011, 04:50:06 PM
I wonder how does the broken syringe looks like.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

March 16, 2011, 04:54:43 PM
Okay, I knew all this, but I'm still wondering what is the difference in the FIRST generation fingerprinting and SECOND generation fingerprinting?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2011, 05:11:04 PM
Maybe Michael broke the syringe because he didn't want the damn stuff in the first place lol -- The headline says Michael broke the syringe....think about it.

Is this story line making a slight detour? 8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2011, 05:15:08 PM
Quote from: "AnaMarcia"
If this is so important, why the defense did not ask for this test in the syringe 20 months ago?

Hello Ana Marcia!!!

Good point,why now and not then when things were fresh  :? .
But I have something that some of you forget.

Michael Jackson Death Syringe to be Auctioned
Atlanta, GA 3.25.2010 01:28 GMT (TransWorldNews)

The syringe that delivered the fatal dose of propofol to
Michael Jackson is reportedly going up for auction. A source tells The
Telegraph that the syringe may be auctioned on June 25, the first anniversary of
the death of Jackson, and could sell for as much as $5 million.

An insider claims the Jackson family are “furious and
distressed” that the syringe may be sold.

Jackson died in his Los Angeles home of an overdose of
propofol, a powerful anesthetic. His doctor, Conrad Murray, has been charged
with involuntary manslaughter.

Now what was all about the auction, lol and what happened in the end,does someone here knows? Wasn't the serynge a evidence of crime  :roll: .What circus is this????  8-)  

LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Number 7

March 16, 2011, 05:15:53 PM
Quote from: "fordtocarr"
Okay, I knew all this, but I'm still wondering what is the difference in the FIRST generation fingerprinting and SECOND generation fingerprinting?

Digital Fingerprint Technology is a part of bio-metrics. As technology advances digital fingerprints are being used as one of the security measures.

Biometrics
Biometrics is a high tech word for an old concept: how they go about recognizing one another. Biometric authentication uses automated methods based on physical characteristics or behavioral traits for human recognition. Examples of biometrics include iris and retina scanning, digitized fingerprints, hand geometry and speaker recognition. Biometric authentication offers advantages over current security practices. Unlike keys and tokens, biometrics is never lost or stolen. Unlike passwords and PINs, biometrics cannot be forgotten. Because of their security, speed, efficiency and convenience, biometric authentication systems might soon become the standard for access control.

Federal Programs

Second Generation Fingerprinting would be the next accepted technological advancement in this area. At this time, it seems that this is technology is continuously developing. At the moment this "second generation fingerprinting"  etc. has to do with the readers being used by companies and not necessarily the actual fingerprinting technique itself.

Biometric Technology
Newer biometric technology helps overcome some of these problems. For example, first-generation equipment relied on CCD cameras, and illuminating fingerprints with laser light. Unfortunately, this technology was prone to spoofing, especially since an image of the fingerprint was left on the scanner. Second-generation capacitive devices improved accuracy and were more difficult to spoof, but they sometimes suffered errors from static discharge. (Dealing with such errors falls to the biometric management software.) The very latest, third-generation fingerprint scanning technology is based on a radio-frequency capturing technique, which "allows the sensor to reconstruct the image of the structure of the skin layers underneath the skin surface," says Cohen, with much-improved accuracy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2011, 05:18:24 PM
Maybe the syringe had to be broken in order for it to be auctioned lol... so no one would hurt themselves... and you are quite right it is a circus lol and they had to be Michael's prints otherwise the needle/syringe would not be worth much lol.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2011, 05:33:07 PM
Quote from: "Number 7"
Quote from: "fordtocarr"

Digital Fingerprint Technology is a part of bio-metrics. As technology advances digital fingerprints are being used as one of the security measures.

Biometrics
Biometrics is a high tech word for an old concept: how they go about recognizing one another. Biometric authentication uses automated methods based on physical characteristics or behavioral traits for human recognition. Examples of biometrics include iris and retina scanning, digitized fingerprints, hand geometry and speaker recognition. Biometric authentication offers advantages over current security practices. Unlike keys and tokens, biometrics is never lost or stolen. Unlike passwords and PINs, biometrics cannot be forgotten. Because of their security, speed, efficiency and convenience, biometric authentication systems might soon become the standard for access control.

Federal Programs

Second Generation Fingerprinting would be the next accepted technological advancement in this area. At this time, it seems that this is technology is continuously developing. At the moment this "second generation fingerprinting"  etc. has to do with the readers being used by companies and not necessarily the actual fingerprinting technique itself.

Biometric Technology
Newer biometric technology helps overcome some of these problems. For example, first-generation equipment relied on CCD cameras, and illuminating fingerprints with laser light. Unfortunately, this technology was prone to spoofing, especially since an image of the fingerprint was left on the scanner. Second-generation capacitive devices improved accuracy and were more difficult to spoof, but they sometimes suffered errors from static discharge. (Dealing with such errors falls to the biometric management software.) The very latest, third-generation fingerprint scanning technology is based on a radio-frequency capturing technique, which "allows the sensor to reconstruct the image of the structure of the skin layers underneath the skin surface," says Cohen, with much-improved accuracy.

Okay, gotcha!  Thanks, now I can quit looking all over for the info...red face, blood pressure up..ugh.
Thanks for the info.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions