Quote from: "mdc"
Quote from: "Cameron"
A like everything !
What a beautiful video.
How can you say there is no Michael's magic ? What did you expect ?

He puts on the spotlight a very good dancer, she represents the fans.
The vidéo is fresh, the job is given to us, no MJ. :)

There a soooo many ways I could say there is no magic (for me)...with an added disclaimer of this is only my opinion and how I feel. Feel free to disagree.
First, though this young lady is a fabulous dancer, she does nothing to make me believe the storyline. I don't feel a connection. Second, she dances the choreography but I don't feel like she and the music are one and the same. Only MJ could BE the music. You know what I mean? Third, I didn't feel compelled to watch her or it. When MJ videos from 20 years ago come on my tv, I can't look away.  When Billie Jean, Thriller, Bad, etc.  come on the radio I can't turn it off.  In 20 years do you think you will still care about how good a dancer she is? I won't.
There are other reasons but they all boil down to the same common denominator: making me FEEL something. A connection almost supernatural that casts a spell on you and won't let you go, a power that holds you and binds you to him and it. You know, the very definition of MAGIC. MJ=Magic

As for what I expected...not much and everything. lol

Anyway, everyone is entitled to find their own magic. I just didn't find mine there. JMO

I couldn't agree more. I am very disappointed, both with the vid and the sound - just wrong!
To me it looks like a commercial/promo video/trailer kind of thing.
It's a very good vid with great dancers but totally nowhere near to what MJ deserves. It's the perfect proof of MJ's talent though - a talent that this vid misses so badly that it just makes me sad.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "mdc"
Quote from: "Cameron"
A like everything !
What a beautiful video.
How can you say there is no Michael's magic ? What did you expect ?

He puts on the spotlight a very good dancer, she represents the fans.
The vidéo is fresh, the job is given to us, no MJ. :)

There a soooo many ways I could say there is no magic (for me)...with an added disclaimer of this is only my opinion and how I feel. Feel free to disagree.
First, though this young lady is a fabulous dancer, she does nothing to make me believe the storyline. I don't feel a connection. Second, she dances the choreography but I don't feel like she and the music are one and the same. Only MJ could BE the music. You know what I mean? Third, I didn't feel compelled to watch her or it. When MJ videos from 20 years ago come on my tv, I can't look away.  When Billie Jean, Thriller, Bad, etc.  come on the radio I can't turn it off.  In 20 years do you think you will still care about how good a dancer she is? I won't.
There are other reasons but they all boil down to the same common denominator: making me FEEL something. A connection almost supernatural that casts a spell on you and won't let you go, a power that holds you and binds you to him and it. You know, the very definition of MAGIC. MJ=Magic

As for what I expected...not much and everything. lol

Anyway, everyone is entitled to find their own magic. I just didn't find mine there. JMO

Agreed.When i Watch Michael's vids or listen to his songs on the radio I can't turn it off.I don't feel this with this vid but hey, she isn't Michael so what can you expect?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "steffymjlove"
Since this photo is too big to post here...
please see it on my MJ Facebook page:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The second picture you posted is interesting as then nose seems longer and also the lips seem different to me.  Too bad you can't see the wrist in the second shot.

Thanks for putting the pic here- I am an idiot when it comes to that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

Nice to see people enjoying my posts :D
Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 07:02:32 AM by steffymjlove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "ignisaeternus"

The second picture you posted is interesting as then nose seems longer and also the lips seem different to me.  Too bad you can't see the wrist in the second shot.

You're not an idiot! lol. I just have expensive video software..i got all those pix by doing a frame by frame analysis.
Thank you for posting my FB page btw. LOL gives me some positive exposure.

oV Peace
Oh and please see my thread on GENERAL TALK.

It's called "Whoa this is wayy down the list! lol"
:D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You're not an idiot! lol. I just have expensive video software..i got all those pix by doing a frame by frame analysis.

oV Peace

VERY weolcome! I follow your fb page as well. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

From Teddy Riley:

He tweeted back to some of my questions last night:

@TeddyRiley1 Teddy- heard the mix used in the Hollywood Tonight vid is the orginal demo- is that true or is it a re-mix?
8 hours ago Favorite Reply Delete in reply to ↑  

@TeddyRiley1
TEDDY RILEY
 @birgiterika ITS A REMIX...THAT IS NOT THE ORIGINAL MIX.
5 hours ago via web Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

And one more:

@TeddyRiley1 Finally saw the HT vid- IDK- the dancing is amazing.Seems though the message of the song was too diluted and got lost.
8 hours ago Favorite Reply Delete in reply to ↑  

@TeddyRiley1
TEDDY RILEY
 @birgiterika MMM......
5 hours ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

So, the wiki entry was WRONG (surprise, I know)- the mix used was NOT the original demo.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Erik H. Erikson

I watched the video again, trying not to get too sad this time, but this is impossible.
I do not believe that Michael had a hand as a producer or director, because he certainly would have done much better. I do not criticize the dancer, she's great, but I agree that she has not passed no emotion in your story, and as Teddy said, the content of the music got lost!
I think Michael is not participating in the development of this video. I do not see his genius here!
So where is Michael and he can be doing? Is he working on his next album to flip it personally? That would be a sweet dream!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Tell the angels no... Heaven can wait"!

MissG

Quote from: "Miss.Peppers"
Quote from: "Gema"
Quote from: "Miss.Peppers"
Is that DaveDave at 3:33 in the first posted video?  Looks like a burns victim with fused ears?  (sorry, i know that sounds awful)

Personally...  i do not like this video.  How is glamourising and accepting STRIPPING as a young woman ok>?

Is not. I believe that they point out that many dancers end up dancing that way to make money quick. However, in the video she is not doing obscene moves and her clothes are broad enough  ;) so they present the concept not falling in to obscenity.

That doesnt make it ok.  In fact, it glamourises it more because it fails to show the reality.

IDK why you think that stripper=glamorous, but I didn´t catch it that way. It is the sad side of the story imo.
Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:23:33 AM by Gema
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

MissG

Quote from: "bec"
But "Dave Dave" is dancing. See him? The token old man makes his appearance. The director keeps teasing you, making you think it's MJ's feet, MJ's legs, MJ's hand, MJ's pose... freeze n hold with shadowy lighting... is it him? No, it's the girl.

Interesting video indeed.

Correct. Somehow we "see" Michael but at the end is not. He is like in disguise. Some of us even talked about the possibility of MJ being disguised as the old man in some parts of the video as well. And the girl....at some points I wasn´t sure if was Michael´s face or hers. Really a mind phuck.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Absolutely! ( re what Gema said). There are those three frames where her nose is not matching and neither are the lips and chin. Makes you wonder...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Erik H. Erikson

AGAIN THIS PIC IS TOOOO BIG TO POST HERE

SO PLEASE SEE THIS LINK TO MY FB PAGE!!!

THIS IS THE OLD MAN!!!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Quote from: "VeryLittleSusie"
I see the message of the video as follows (I'll try to explain the flash mob dance scene):

After seeing the dark side of Hollywood (winning the audition for the stripper), which looked good only from afar, the girl decided to take Michael's advice: follow your dreams. But your REAL dreams. Seeing Michael's lovely posture in the street posters (in a hat and a glove) was enough for the girl to put her on the right track. She saw the the hat and a glove and remembered what Michael taught her!
Dance was her greatest love - but not doing something against your own self.
She decided to be like Michael - just dance for simple people in the streets. Give them joy and happiness. You don't need to be a famous Hollywood star to be happy. You simply need to do something good to others.
 :)

Very nice, VeryLittleSuzie!
agree :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

oV Peace

VERY weolcome! I follow your fb page as well. :)

YAY THANK YOU!!!
PLEASE SEE MY NEW POST ^^^ UP THERE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

rasyte

Quote from: "AnaMarcia"
I watched the video again, trying not to get too sad this time, but this is impossible.
I do not believe that Michael had a hand as a producer or director, because he certainly would have done much better. I do not criticize the dancer, she's great, but I agree that she has not passed no emotion in your story, and as Teddy said, the content of the music got lost!
I think Michael is not participating in the development of this video. I do not see his genius here!
So where is Michael and he can be doing? Is he working on his next album to flip it personally? That would be a sweet dream!

I agree with you..  all other videos (even those where MJ  is not appeared) have something.. and SOMETHING (magic) keeps me watching them again again..  but this one..... :?  :?  :?  :roll:  
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions