bec

Quote from: "mjjveritas"
I prefer this version to the album one. I would listen to this one before the other. It just seems funkier.

I agree.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Venus

This is extremely famous dancer Sofia Botella! I love her!
You could see her couple years ago in Nike Woman commercial, that was f...ing HOT commercial, though I'm not lesbian.
She's damn gorgeous and hot.
She is Madonna's dancer on tours.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
L.O.V.E. you all

Scream

Not a fan of the added Billie Jean beat and the removal of Taryll's part in the song, the album version is far better.

Also, I feel this is one of the only song's on Michael that could've been made into a short-film, so I'm quite disappointed the video is so generic, it doesn't stand out from what anyone else is doing the music industry right now.

So yeah.. disappointed, but not surprised.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I like the video.  The music just sounds err...different; a loud BJ beat, but its ok.  

How can ppl say there is no MJ magic in this video?

At the beginning of the video MJ is always with the girl, everywhere she goes, through pictures, videos...  Maybe this is why he chose the Pantages theater; to remind the girl that "You are not alone".

Then, the  girl tastes a bit of Hollywood, but she later dislikes it.  (Watch 2:24 - 2:30).  She goes back to MJ, remembers him, and strokes his name, like asking for guidance or something (not spiritually talking, but rather talking about MJ's experience in Hollywood) {Watch 2:38}.)  I like how this video ends.  Forget about auditions, fame  and  crap; she's following MJ's steps, and being different from the traditional Hollywood "lets make you famous" environment.  I hope you understand what I'm trying to say; English isn't my first language.
Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:51:14 PM by mjthelegendlives
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJhasSpoken

Quote from: "mjthelegendlives"
I like the video.  The music just sounds err...different; a loud BJ beat, but its ok.  

How can ppl say there is no MJ magic in this video?

At the beginning of the video MJ is always with the girl, everywhere she goes, through pictures, videos...  Maybe this is why he chose the Pantages theater; to remind the girl that "You are not alone".

Then, the  girl tastes a bit of Hollywood, but she later dislikes it.  (Watch 2:24 - 2:30).  She goes back to MJ, remembers him, and strokes his name, like asking for guidance or something (not spiritually talking, but rather talking about MJ's experience in Hollywood) {Watch 2:38}.)  I like how this video ends.  Forget about auditions, fame  and  crap, she's following MJ's steps, and being different from the traditional Hollywood "lets make you famous" environment.  I hope you understand what I'm trying to say; English isn't my first language.

Love your post. I absolutely love the video and story but the music (not that I hate it) but it just isn't...I don't know I'm just not fond of that version maybe because I first heard the one on the album first. Same with "The way you love me", I prefer the version that came out in 2004 then the one on the Michael CD.
But my favourite bit is how MJ is with her every step of the way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Im_convincedmjalive

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Down Ass G!!! More thaN U know haha! ~Smile~
  • I'm Watchin From -2012- Twilight Zone!:)
Quote from: "Miss.Peppers"
Quote from: "Gema"
Quote from: "Miss.Peppers"
Is that DaveDave at 3:33 in the first posted video?  Looks like a burns victim with fused ears?  (sorry, i know that sounds awful)

Personally...  i do not like this video.  How is glamourising and accepting STRIPPING as a young woman ok>?

Is not. I believe that they point out that many dancers end up dancing that way to make money quick. However, in the video she is not doing obscene moves and her clothes are broad enough  ;) so they present the concept not falling in to obscenity.

That doesnt make it ok.  In fact, it glamourises it more because it fails to show the reality.
Can you please enlighten me on what is the reality of being a stripper? lol
If you have some insight and experience in the profession that I do not personally know I am all ears.  8-) One thing that is disappointing to me is to read all the negative comments on how this video isn't up to the standards of ? who?

I would like to see any one of you do better than what was just  presented to us. The main dancer is AWESOME. Bad ass with her moves.
;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

bec

This is an interesting video.

First major impression, the lyric about how she gives hot tricks to men breaks to scenes of the HMH kids dancing. That's odd. It's the only point in the video where it doesn't follow the girl's story.

Someone (hoaxer) at some point mentioned they noticed the song MJ wrote is not the song $ony produced for the album. About how MJ wrote a song about how a girl has a dream of being a star but finds the dark side of Hollywood instead, and $ony changed it to the girl realizing her dream and becoming a big star, the voiceover changes the entire tone of the song.

That concept is sticking out a little. So does the video take us back to what MJ wanted or is it the $ony version?

It's hard to say. Until the flash mob scene I'd say it's MJ's version of the story. Enter flashmob and I get confused.

But "Dave Dave" is dancing. See him? The token old man makes his appearance. The director keeps teasing you, making you think it's MJ's feet, MJ's legs, MJ's hand, MJ's pose... freeze n hold with shadowy lighting... is it him? No, it's the girl.

Interesting video indeed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

pepper

Quote from: "ignisaeternus"
Ok, has anyone paid attention to the last shot of the dancer in the end, when she freezes in MJ pose?  There is some talk I picked up that some think this is NOT her in the shot when it just shows her from the waist up (w/o showing her waist).  Now, it is definitly her until 4:46,47, 48.  
I can't get a clear shot and I don't have the software- but I have a question about the nose (that seems differnt and also, the chin-cleft that seems deeper in that shot.  If anyone can pull that shot in, it would be great.  

The FB stite Michael Jackson Immortal also posted the shot:

This is very interesting ;) ... also, the lips... If you freeze the video right at 3:49 when the shadow falls over her(?) face...

From the album:
Wall Photos by Michael Jackson Immortal

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJhasSpoken

Quote from: "bec"
This is an interesting video.

First major impression, the lyric about how she gives hot tricks to men breaks to scenes of the HMH kids dancing. That's odd. It's the only point in the video where it doesn't follow the girl's story.

Someone (hoaxer) at some point mentioned they noticed the song MJ wrote is not the song $ony produced for the album. About how MJ wrote a song about how a girl has a dream of being a star but finds the dark side of Hollywood instead, and $ony changed it to the girl realizing her dream and becoming a big star, the voiceover changes the entire tone of the song.

That concept is sticking out a little. So does the video take us back to what MJ wanted or is it the $ony version?

It's hard to say. Until the flash mob scene I'd say it's MJ's version of the story. Enter flashmob and I get confused.

But "Dave Dave" is dancing. See him? The token old man makes his appearance. The director keeps teasing you, making you think it's MJ's feet, MJ's legs, MJ's hand, MJ's pose... freeze n hold with shadowy lighting... is it him? No, it's the girl.

Interesting video indeed.

When I saw someone in the video walking along Hollywood Blvd I thought maybe they are trying to make it as though it's MJ because she was wearing MJ's shoes and then they cut it and show the girl  walking in her high heel boots.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mdc

Quote from: "Cameron"
A like everything !
What a beautiful video.
How can you say there is no Michael's magic ? What did you expect ?

He puts on the spotlight a very good dancer, she represents the fans.
The vidéo is fresh, the job is given to us, no MJ. :)

There a soooo many ways I could say there is no magic (for me)...with an added disclaimer of this is only my opinion and how I feel. Feel free to disagree.
First, though this young lady is a fabulous dancer, she does nothing to make me believe the storyline. I don't feel a connection. Second, she dances the choreography but I don't feel like she and the music are one and the same. Only MJ could BE the music. You know what I mean? Third, I didn't feel compelled to watch her or it. When MJ videos from 20 years ago come on my tv, I can't look away.  When Billie Jean, Thriller, Bad, etc.  come on the radio I can't turn it off.  In 20 years do you think you will still care about how good a dancer she is? I won't.
There are other reasons but they all boil down to the same common denominator: making me FEEL something. A connection almost supernatural that casts a spell on you and won't let you go, a power that holds you and binds you to him and it. You know, the very definition of MAGIC. MJ=Magic

As for what I expected...not much and everything. lol

Anyway, everyone is entitled to find their own magic. I just didn't find mine there. JMO
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "pepper"
Quote from: "ignisaeternus"
Ok, has anyone paid attention to the last shot of the dancer in the end, when she freezes in MJ pose?  There is some talk I picked up that some think this is NOT her in the shot when it just shows her from the waist up (w/o showing her waist).  Now, it is definitly her until 4:46,47, 48.  
I can't get a clear shot and I don't have the software- but I have a question about the nose (that seems differnt and also, the chin-cleft that seems deeper in that shot.  If anyone can pull that shot in, it would be great.  

The FB stite Michael Jackson Immortal also posted the shot:

This is very interesting ;) ... also, the lips... If you freeze the video right at 3:49 when the shadow falls over her(?) face...

From the album:
Wall Photos by Michael Jackson Immortal

Thank you for referencing my Facebook Page!

:)
Yes I love that pic...took it myself from the video!
~Steffy Levina aka SteffyLoveMJ aka MJArmyAngel

REMEMBER RESPECT L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I posted it on my GENERAL TALK thread as well hours ago..

Can you say WINNING Charlie Sheen?

LOVE LOVE LOVE

<3 MJ <3
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Since this photo is too big to post here...
please see it on my MJ Facebook page:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I see the message of the video as follows (I'll try to explain the flash mob dance scene):

After seeing the dark side of Hollywood (winning the audition for the stripper), which looked good only from afar, the girl decided to take Michael's advice: follow your dreams. But your REAL dreams. Seeing Michael's lovely posture in the street posters (in a hat and a glove) was enough for the girl to put her on the right track. She saw the the hat and a glove and remembered what Michael taught her!
Dance was her greatest love - but not doing something against your own self.
She decided to be like Michael - just dance for simple people in the streets. Give them joy and happiness. You don't need to be a famous Hollywood star to be happy. You simply need to do something good to others.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

Quote from: "VeryLittleSusie"
I see the message of the video as follows (I'll try to explain the flash mob dance scene):

After seeing the dark side of Hollywood (winning the audition for the stripper), which looked good only from afar, the girl decided to take Michael's advice: follow your dreams. But your REAL dreams. Seeing Michael's lovely posture in the street posters (in a hat and a glove) was enough for the girl to put her on the right track. She saw the the hat and a glove and remembered what Michael taught her!
Dance was her greatest love - but not doing something against your own self.
She decided to be like Michael - just dance for simple people in the streets. Give them joy and happiness. You don't need to be a famous Hollywood star to be happy. You simply need to do something good to others.

Very nice, VeryLittleSuzie!
:D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late