Quote from: "MJonmind"
''This may deny some defense attorneys a Perry Mason moment when they surprise a witness and say, 'Gotcha!' " Conley said. ''But it's not television. It's not movies. It's real life."
I'm sure Michael's got a lot of surprises up his sleeve for us all! :D

chloead505, I hope you will stay with us throughout the trial, so we will be able to catch all the humor/satire that MJ has so cleverly woven into the details and plot. Yet it will all appear so serious and to the non-believers a heart breaking fight for justice. It's art and it's all for L.O.V.E! The best is yet to come!

I most certainly will stay, although my job is obviously quite time-demanding. But I cant wait for more feeds from Absurdistan :-D
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Another article. Interesting added info.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Judge threatens to sanction attorneys in Michael Jackson case
By WIRE SERVICES

Story Published: Feb 28, 2011 at 2:27 PM PST

Story Updated: Feb 28, 2011 at 2:27 PM PST

Saying he was concerned about the sharing of evidence among attorneys, a Los Angeles judge Monday threatened to penalize lawyers in the criminal case against Dr. Conrad Murray, who is charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with singer Michael Jackson's death.

During a pretrial hearing, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor told defense attorneys and prosecutors he was disappointed in persistent complaints from both sides about lawyers failing to share evidence.

"I want to emphasize I am considering very seriously the imposition of monetary sanctions at this point,'' Pastor told the lawyers.

The judge's comments were aimed at both prosecutors and defense attorneys, but he said specifically he was "disappointed'' at what he has been hearing about the lack of defense evidence being shared with prosecutors.

Pastor scheduled another hearing for 2 p.m. Wednesday, and he ordered that Murray and his lead attorney, Ed Chernoff, attend.

The judge noted that he did not want to punish Murray, but said he was considering penalties ranging from fines of $1,500 per day per lawyer, a possible delay in the scheduled March 24 trial date, inclusion of jury instructions in the case about "tardy discovery'' and — as a last resort — preclusion of some witnesses from testifying.

"I seriously am considering all sorts of responses to the discovery situation,'' the judge said.

During the hearing, Deputy District Attorney Deborah Brazil said defense attorneys turned over 526 pages of discovery last week, but 380 of them involved probate issues, and she was unclear of their relevance to the case.  :?:

Defense attorney J. Michael Flanagan, however, complained that prosecutors were also failing to share evidence, calling the flow of information a "one-way street.''

Pastor demanded that the attorneys make serious improvement in communication before Wednesday.

"I expect a dramatically increased production of discovery between now and then,'' he said.

Both prosecutors in the case have asked that the March 24 trial date be pushed back. Pastor has not ruled on the motion, saying Monday that the District Attorney's Office would need to provide some case law to back up their request.

Murray, 58, is charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with Jackson's death at age 50, amid a series of rehearsals for an upcoming series of sold-out concerts in London.

Murray is accused of administering the powerful anesthetic propofol to the singer to help him sleep, then failing to properly monitor him.

Jackson was pronounced dead at 2:26 p.m. on June 25, 2009, after doctors at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center unsuccessfully tried to revive him. Paramedics who responded to the entertainer's rented Holmby Hills estate about two hours earlier said he appeared to have been dead for 20 minutes to an hour.

Murray proclaimed himself "an innocent man'' during a Jan. 25 court hearing, two weeks after he was ordered to stand trial following a six-day preliminary hearing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

MissG

Quote from: "chloead505"

I most certainly will stay, although my job is obviously quite time-demanding. But I cant wait for more feeds from Absurdistan :-D

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Well well well........
Never saw that coming

Ha.
Nah I did really.

LOS ANGELES — A judge has postponed the trial of a doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death until early May.
The judge handling the involuntary manslaughter case against Murray indicated Monday, Feb. 28, 2011, he might delay the trial in what would be a defeat for defense lawyers anxious to get on with the proceedings.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor announced the delay Wednesday after meeting in chambers with prosecutors, defense attorneys, and Dr. Conrad Murray.
The move came after the judge asked defense attorneys at previous hearings why they hadn't turned over more information on potential witnesses to prosecutors.
The trial had been scheduled to begin with jury selection on March 24.
Prospective jurors will be given questionnaires on that day, but opening statements are now set to begin on May 9.
Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter.

Michael Jackson's death: Judge postpones start of Conrad Murray's trial for 1 month
March 2, 2011 |  3:20 pm

A judge Wednesday postponed opening statements in the trial of Michael Jackson’s doctor for a month to give both sides more time to share information with each other.
Hundreds of prospective jurors will report as scheduled to a downtown courthouse March 24 to fill out questionnaires regarding Dr. Conrad Murray’s case, but Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor said the final selection of panelists will not begin until May 4.
“Because of the nature and extent of discovery in this case, counsel wanted a little more time,” Pastor said after a 40-minute closed-door meeting with attorneys.
Murray, 57, is accused of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson’s 2009 death. He has pleaded not guilty.
-- Harriet Ryan
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@latoyajackson
FREEZING IN NYC
36mins ago

Clearly she is really sad about the trial delay.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJHIStoryVEVO
Nareg Gourjian Joins Murray’s Defense

A Superior Court judge cleared Dr. Conrad Murray’s defense Friday to add a third member to his legal team.

Judge Michael Pastor said in a written decision that he had found “no real or potential conflict of interest” in allowing a Glendale attorney who had once worked for a lawyer representing Micha...el Jackson to defend the physician now accused of killing him.

The attorney, Nareg Gourjian, was a junior associate in the firm of Geragos & Geragos seven years ago when lawyer Mark Geragos was Michael’s criminal defense counsel.

Pastor’s ruling came a day after the judge held closed-door meetings with Geragos, Gourjian and Howard Weitzman, an attorney for MJ’s estate.

“I’m pleased with the court’s finding,” Gourjian said.

Jury selection for Murray’s manslaughter trial gets underway later this month. He faces up to four years in prison if convicted
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Quote from: "bec"
Quote from: "PureLove"
I hope the trial won't be delayed. And again I hope Michael comes back this year. He told in TII that we have only 4 years to get it right mentioning 2012. So whatever his plan is according to the end of the world, it would be too late if he comes back in 2012 in my opinion. He needs to come back this year. So I'm crossing my fingers for this trial not to be delayed.

Don't worry PureLove, because I suspect the trial needs to be delayed a little bit.

But just a very little bit. March 24th as a start date is just a tad early if this is to last 6 weeks.

Thank you Bec. I asked this elsewhere but I don't remember someone answered it. How do we know the trial will last 6 weeks or 60 days? What if it lasts more than a couple of months, a year?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

How do we know the trial will last 6 weeks or 60 days? What if it lasts more than a couple of months, a year? [/b]

Simple answer PureLove, is that we don't know. I think reports from the court have said it is EXPECTED to last 6 weeks, but since when did things happen as we expected?! If it lasts a couple of months, a year, as you mention in your post, then so be it. We just have to sit patiently, watching and waiting.

And while we're doing 'what if's', what if it doesn't happen at all, what if it keeps on getting delayed, because let's face it, if MJ is alive, then prosecution is never going to be 'ready' to go to court!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[center:1cgw3vk2][/center:1cgw3vk2]

M:"Sorry, what?"
Audience person:trial is DELAYED!!
M:Oh? *fools, think it's all by accident*hahahaha"

Totally what this picture would sound like if it had audio.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Sinders - that is totally unfair!! How can I drag myself away from the computer when you present me with a mesmerising vid like that above?! xxx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Oh that's easy,you don't  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Sinderella"
[center:2abillb9][/center:2abillb9]

M:"Sorry, what?"
Audience person:trial is DELAYED!!
M:Oh? *fools, think it's all by accident*hahahaha"

Totally what this picture would sound like if it had audio.
YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY MICHAEL.   THANKS FOR THE CUTE CUTE PIC
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "curls"
How do we know the trial will last 6 weeks or 60 days? What if it lasts more than a couple of months, a year? [/b]

Simple answer PureLove, is that we don't know. I think reports from the court have said it is EXPECTED to last 6 weeks, but since when did things happen as we expected?! If it lasts a couple of months, a year, as you mention in your post, then so be it. We just have to sit patiently, watching and waiting.

And while we're doing 'what if's', what if it doesn't happen at all, what if it keeps on getting delayed, because let's face it, if MJ is alive, then prosecution is never going to be 'ready' to go to court!

And....WHAT IF, it happens and we NEVER get answers, or don't get the one we want??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

In TII Michael said:

"We have four years to get it right, otherwise it is irreversible"

Sorry, but I still believe Michael is coming back in 2012, as I said before on this forum. The 4 years: 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012:  

2009 :arrow:  is the world in shock of his death.
2010 :arrow:  is the year of the investigation, trialS and the outcome of weird "coincidences" during the investigation with the result that the group of believers grows, according to plan.
2011 :arrow: will be the trial(S) (including delays) year with many surprises and more mysteries and a lot of media and internet attention, start Immortal Tour, Oprah in November, the group believers is still growing. In 2011 Michael's message "to get it right" via media sources internet, TMZ etc. will reach a bigger (believers) audience.
In 2012 :arrow: Murray's trial ends, the truth will be unfold piece by piece in big spotlights because media is focussed and then BAM...Michael :D
JMHO of course.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

bec

Quote from: "fordtocarr"
Quote from: "curls"

And....WHAT IF, it happens and we NEVER get answers, or don't get the one we want??

We will have to cross that bridge when we get to it fordtocarr.

No Fear.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions