AndreaTopic starter

Elvis and Annabelle
February 18, 2011, 12:09:24 AM
So I just watched this movie on tv called Elvis and Annabelle from 2007.  I had never heard of it before but was bored so decided to watch it.

The storyline is about a girl named Annabelle, who wins a beauty queen title but dies right after accepting her crown.  She is taken to the mortician to be embalmed by a young man named Elvis. He is the embalmer even though he's not supposed to because he doesn't have his embalming license.  His dad Charlie, was hit in the head a couple years earlier and does not have the mental capacities to embalm anymore so Elvis took over.  Charlie has the sweetest, kindest soul and just makes you smile, very innocent and childlike.  Elvis has a weird thing about taking a photograph of the people he's embalmed.

Elvis is getting ready to embalm Annabelle and kisses her first (creepy ya but he thinks she's just so beautiful, even in death).  The photo of Annabelle is of him kissing her.  She comes to life shortly afterwards and recovers quite quickly.  She doesn't want to be a beauty queen and is unhappy at home where her mom pressures her to always be the beauty queen and it's implied that she's suffered abuse from her step dad.  She runs away to live with Elvis and his dad Charlie.   She and Elvis fall in love and enjoy their time together by painting the house and planting a field with 10 bags of seeds that Annabelle buys but won't tell him what the seeds will grow. The authorities eventually find her and Elvis's dead people photo collection, including the one of him kissing Annabelle and he's accused of necrophilia.  He's eventually released but him and Annabelle are no longer together.  He's depressed and goes to the attic to hang himself but just as he's about to, the wind blasts the attic window open revealing the field where the seeds were planted, where he had told Annabelle it was impossible for anything to grow.  There's a field of sunflowers and he no longer wants to kill himself.  While this is happening, Annabelle is in the tub back at home contemplating her own suicide when the tv comes on and shows the press has shown up at Elvis's house (him being accused of necrophilia with the beauty queen who came back to life was kind of a big deal).  Elvis has painted I Love You Annabelle on the house in bright red letters.  She goes to him, finds him in the field of sunflowers and the last scene is of them laying in that field together.

Sorry for that crap description but I was typing as fast as I could trying to remember everything about the movie before the details get fuzzy, LOL.

My point is - there seem to be some MJ connections here.  The title of the movie - Elvis and Annabelle, the innocent childlike character Charlie, the whole "coming back to life" thing, the photo of him kissing a Annabelle's "corpse" (reminds me of hyberbaric chamber pic sort of), the 10 mysterious bags of seeds which turn out to be sunflowers, which saves Elvis in the end.  And the love story too, love saved them both in the end.

I don't know if anyone else has seen this and had similar thoughts?  It's a sweet movie if you haven't seen it, worth a watch.  

:)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Re: Elvis and Annabelle
February 18, 2011, 01:45:04 AM
What a quirky wonderful story. The coincidences are spooky. This happens more and more... either we are over hoaxed or... I don't know how to finish that statement.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

AndreaTopic starter

February 18, 2011, 10:50:25 AM
Thanks for replying Bec!  :D  I honestly expected this thread to be in the "View unanswered posts" section, LOL.

And I agree the coincidences are spooky, I forgot to mention that when Annabelle briefly died, it was due to cardiac arrest due to an eating disorder...

I also just read on wikipedia that the independent film premiered in March 2007 at a film festival, was never theatrically released and was only released on DVD in October 2010.  Weird.

What's also weird was I was compelled to watch this movie and found all the MJ connections.  I almost never watch movies I've never heard of on tv.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 18, 2011, 10:55:27 AM
Annabelle = Annie are you okay?

Also the name Charlie reminds me of Charlie Chaplin.

Here's a link about Will Geiger, the writer and producer of the movie:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Notice the picture of him...with a MONKEY on his shoulder!

Also, the movie is 106 minutes long. 1+6 = 7  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

AndreaTopic starter

February 18, 2011, 11:00:47 AM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"

Who produced/wrote the screenplay?

Annie are you ok - I never thought of that!!  :shock:

It's written and directed by a guy named Will Geiger and released by Goldcrest Films.

Here's the wiki article on the movie : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

EDIT: See you answered your own question Jaci.  :lol:  The monkey is too funny.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 18, 2011, 11:04:46 AM
Quote from: "Andrea"

It's written and directed by a guy named Will Geiger and released by Goldcrest Films.

Here's the wiki article on the movie : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Haha! I've gotta see this movie!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

AndreaTopic starter

February 18, 2011, 11:09:58 AM
Quote from: "Andrea"

Haha! I've gotta see this movie!

Yep yep!  It's a feel-good movie with some dark twists and you'll just love Charlie because he's such a sweet soul.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 18, 2011, 11:12:10 AM
Ok he also directed Free Willy: Escape from Pirate's Cove in 2010... which isn't the original movie that MJ's "Will You Be There" was featured on, but still a connection I'd say.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal