Quote from: "Aintnosunshine"
"Milk" is the nickame that anesthesists use for Propofol. It wasn`t invented by  Michael.
ohhh  I've never heard if before this situation
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Interestingly, I decided to stop by this thread because I've been away recovering from major surgery (mine was on March 14th). If you read this Sunshine, I truly hope that yours was a success as well. Anyway, it was my first time going under and I was told that propofol would be used. I couldn't eat or drink anything after midnight (the day of the surgery).  Mine was at 3:00 pm which was a loooong time to go without food for a foody. I was too nervous to eat, terrified and also curious to see what all the hype was about. I can't say that it was the best sleep that I've ever had or a drug that I would crave BUT I do understand why it's called "Milk of Amnesia". I will also say that I kinda had the same reaction as Sunshine. I was immediately sent to ICU because they had a very difficult time waking me. I kept flatlining. It was all pretty scary while going through it.  I simply wanted to sleep it off and get it out of my system. I felt yucky after waking up with oxygen tubes up my nose, wires and monitors, and yucky the next day. Yuck!!! Having experienced this I seriously doubt that Mike or anyone would crave such a thing.

Quote from: "SunShine"
I don't know if this helps, but I have a surgery coming up on March 4th...I was given very strict orders, nothing after midnight, not even water, the surgery isn't til 11a.m.
I have had surgery before, and in the recovery room with the affects of this stuff wearing off, my body did not remember to keep breathing, there for they had to put tube back down my throat til I was really awake enough...I hate the feeling when waking up form that stuff..
for the surgery coming up, they know now to keep breathing tube in, til I am fully awake and know whats going on.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Quote from: "Aintnosunshine"
Propofol is not an anesthesia needed for an operation.

It just works to induce a real anesthesia (makes you consciousless) .

And it may only be sufficient for minor short-term (15 to 20 minutes) surgeries or interventions (like colonoscopy, for example).

If you wake up nauseus there was aother severe anesthesia after inducing it.

Because Propofol alone leaves you just fine, suddenly awake, immediately fit and even euphoric. Sorry, but that is true.

so by what you are saying in order to keep someone out for an extended period of time there would have to be another anesthetic involved. is this what the anti - anxiety things were for or would there be something else? does this question even make sense ? :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal