Re: Media Offer from Wonderwall Magazine
February 15, 2011, 11:19:59 AM
Initially I think it is a good idea in some respects and in other respects, we need to be vigilant.  I think it is great that a magazine is willing to take on this project of this magnitude as we have been working hard for the past 20 months on investigating Michael's "passing".  

My only concern is that all members should be in the loop on how this is written, particularly when members' posts are actually referred to and credit is due when given.  Giving credit to a person is one thing, but using their own words to fit the context of another writer is another thing.  That is where  my concern is and some members may get upset that their postings are being used in a different context as to what they wrote in the first place.   I am purely coming from a legal point of view, I am in the field and my brain always jumps to the legal aspects of people's rights and protection of their views and opinions.  So that being said, I hope that this is taken into consideration.  We have to protect the privacy and postings of individuals on here.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

February 15, 2011, 11:26:54 AM
Quote from: "shelby61"
Initially I think it is a good idea in some respects and in other respects, we need to be vigilant.  I think it is great that a magazine is willing to take on this project of this magnitude as we have been working hard for the past 20 months on investigating Michael's "passing".  

My only concern is that all members should be in the loop on how this is written, particularly when members' posts are actually referred to and credit is due when given.  Giving credit to a person is one thing, but using their own words to fit the context of another writer is another thing.  That is where  my concern is and some members may get upset that their postings are being used in a different context as to what they wrote in the first place.   I am purely coming from a legal point of view, I am in the field and my brain always jumps to the legal aspects of people's rights and protection of their views and opinions.  So that being said, I hope that this is taken into consideration.  We have to protect the privacy and postings of individuals on here.

Again, I do not speak for others, nor will I use other's theories in what I write. Instead of that, I have asked everyone in my original post to participate if they want. Please wait for the draft before judging because everyone is only assuming what I will do, and yet no one popped the question "Souza, what do you have in mind with this?". I see no questions, only assumptions.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

February 15, 2011, 11:33:10 AM
i wonder if the whole debate isn't telling us something.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

bec

February 15, 2011, 11:34:56 AM
I am confident that if Michael had a problem with this idea, Souza would already know about it.

Souza, what do you have in mind for the article?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

February 15, 2011, 11:40:17 AM
Souza - I think it is a good idea - I said that at the beginning - however, I think we should all take part in what should be written and how the reader will view our opinion about a certain section of the hoax.  That is why I mentioned that we should all have a read at what you are drafting and if we think there should be revisions to the article, we all make them together.  Once we are satisfied that all aspects of the article is what we all agree upon then it can be published.

However, for those who do not wish to participate in this process, there should be a disclaimer at the end of the article stating that the views expressed in this article are not from all the members of the MJHD Forum, just to make it clear.

We are in this together and I believe any undertaking particularly something that will be viewed by the general public, should be our collective thoughts and theories and should be worked together on and agreed by all who wish to participate.

So what is the topic that you have in mind?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

February 15, 2011, 11:58:20 AM
Quote from: "bec"
I am confident that if Michael had a problem with this idea, Souza would already know about it.

Souza doesn't have a direct line to Michael. She is not an insider nor involved in the hoax. Michael is not communicating with her, he is not here speaking for himself; his voice has been silenced. So no, Souza would not know already about whether Michael has a problem with this or not. None of us here actually speak directly for Michael; not Souza, not TS, not you, not me and no one else.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

February 15, 2011, 12:01:40 PM
Souza, as I see it, the negative reactions come mostly from this quote of yours

You all know I never ask permission to talk to the media about the hoax, and this time I won't either

@shelby61,
I agree with your post
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

~Souza~Topic starter

February 15, 2011, 12:09:17 PM

Thank you for asking bec!

Here is the idea. Because we get a column and will be able to send in articles for every issue, I thought it would be best to start the first article with an introduction without going into details. Just something that might peak the interest of the readers and my personal thoughts about the hoax.We can use the articles after that to go into detail about the odd stuff and anyone who wants to participate can write. I know for example that the AR is full of BS, but I am not a medical savvy. Someone with a medical background might be more qualified to write a piece about the AR. Someone else might have done research about something else, and is invited to write a piece about that.

I am planning to end the article with saying that the above are my personal thoughts on the hoax, which made me believe what I believe now and that Wonderwall gave us as a forum the chance to tell our story and that everyone on here has their own, and their own thoughts on the whys and the hows, but that we are all aiming for one goal: clearing his name and debunking the lies of the media. If you bec for example would want to write part 2, your name will be under the article and you could express YOUR thoughts on the hoax. Let's say the goal for my article is to make people question his death. I will write about the stuff that made me believe he didn't die, and I can express my thoughts on it. You for example write a piece about your thoughts on the hoax and why and what you believe, and have as main subject Conrad Murray and all the BS surrounding him. That way people will presented with the different theories without it being a main subject, plus people get informed about the hoax and all the strange stuff surrounding it.

As for credits: I don't think it's possible to credit everytime we say something. If I for instance refer to an oddity about Conrad, it would be very hard to find out who exactly was the first who found it. We all found stuff and just saying 'it was posted on the forum' should be enough. People can search for it themselves and see who mentioned it first. People don't have to credit me either, because I think we should work as a team to get the word out and I don't think we should have fights about who said what first. It's not a competition in my eyes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

February 15, 2011, 12:18:46 PM
SD: The point is that Souza's intention is out there, publicly, on the forum, in this 3 page thread, being much discussed.

I am confident in the fact that anything we discuss here on this public forum, Michael is privy to one way or another. If he doesn't like it, or wants it stopped, he has ways to make that happen.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

MissG

February 15, 2011, 12:19:32 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
that we are all aiming for one goal: clearing his name and debunking the lies of the media

That´s my goal as well.

We all found stuff and just saying 'it was posted on the forum' should be enough

I agree.

It's not a competition in my eyes
Is not.

The goal is clear I believe, clearing his name and debunking the lies of the media.

I may add, that is important to focus in theories that can be provided as a fact, as an example time lines, the AR, and the signatures shown in different documents i.e

Imo, "para-theories" as NWO, Visions, Michael=Holly, alien or world saviour via hoax etc, should be omitted.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

February 15, 2011, 12:21:22 PM
I agree 100% Gema. That's the only sticking point that I could see.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

February 15, 2011, 12:27:05 PM
@Souza - I am just wanting to put that out there because if you or any writings are not cleared by the actual author or you copy word for word someone's else's post without their permission and do not credit them, you may end up in a lawsuit.  I am talking about crediting something you may quote word for word, not a topical issue generally (for example:  Conrad Murray oddities).  Not saying that anyone on here would do that, but just protecting you and everyone here and making sure they understand what they are getting into before the put their words into action.

I believe setting the tone of the first article is very important and I think it should be written with Michael in mind and why we think he did this and then perhaps in the next article be more specific about a certain situation (ie the ambulance)... perhaps we should be start from the beginning (which would be the 911 call) and go from there.  As Michael always the story needs a beginning and an end.  Right now we are in the middle of it ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

February 15, 2011, 12:38:34 PM
a little help from berry goordy: don't remember the exact words but it was something about remembering where you have been in order to know where you are going.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

February 15, 2011, 12:44:06 PM
"WONDERWALL" = do they have permission from Oasis to use that name for their magazine?

Im a huge fan of Oasis.   :D   I wonder what Noel Gallagher would think?  

Ummm...  well, im not adverse to the magazine idea.   The only issue is with the money.  If the money paid is completely open and tranparent and can be easily seen to be tracked by all the forum members here...   that we can track the payment from the magazine to the chosen charity then i believe this is a good thing.

Anything that would benefit a charity, in the name of Michael, is a wonderful thing and i know MJ would approve.  Because thats what its all about.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

February 15, 2011, 12:51:54 PM
I am confident in the fact that anything we discuss here on this public forum, Michael is privy to one way or another. If he doesn't like it, or wants it stopped, he has ways to make that happen.

I agree with this Bec, and I really think that Michael is ok with this forum, that it has his blessing, as it were.  It is, the "official" one afterall (TMZ blogroll, TS, etc.) and Souza has said a few times that if the family opposed the forum then she would shut it down.

@ Souza - I think it's a good idea to have different members write different articles for this magazine, if the magazine goes ahead with publication.  I believe most members here don't have a full grasp on every aspect of the hoax but may have a firm grasp on certain aspects so it's a good idea to have someone write about something that makes sense to them, that they fully understand (from their perspective at least).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions