~Souza~

Quote from: "bec"
I hope what I suspect is true.

People live for a very long time with Congestive Heart Failure, medical science is very very good at treating and managing the condition for many years. There are a great many medications which can be prescribed which are very effective for those suffering with it. Synthetic valves are an option. A heart transplant is also an option for extremely advanced cases. People live so long with CHF that they typically end up dying from something else before their heart gives up and medical science can no longer manage it. It is, however, a condition that requires frequent "check ups" and frequent tests to monitor the heart rhythm and strength, the condition of the valves and chambers, the fluid level in the lungs and body cavity, and aortic pressure. There are a great many tests and if something is off in the results, they may ask her to stay overnight to monitor her so they can effectively tweak the levels of her medication or even do a minor procedure to remove some fluid to assist the heart so she's good to go again.

What I hope, for Liz's sake, is that this event is being (purposely) blown out of proportion to draw attention to Liz's heart being sick. Heart sick. Broken heart. Bring the L.O.V.E. back to heal the heart. etc.

I hope you are right.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

I think I am.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Liz Taylor remains hospitalized for heart failure

By CHRISTOPHER WEBER, Associated Press Christopher Weber, Associated Press – 1 hr 31 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – Elizabeth Taylor is likely to spend another few days in a Los Angeles hospital while being treated for congestive heart failure, a spokeswoman for the Oscar-winning actress said Sunday.

Sally Morrison said Taylor was resting comfortably and had been receiving family and friends in her room at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

"She had a pretty good day Saturday, and a good night," Morrison said.

The 78-year-old Taylor was admitted late last week and is being treated for symptoms caused by congestive heart failure, a condition she disclosed she had back in November 2004.

Morrison didn't know exactly how long Taylor would be in the hospital but said if past treatments are any indication it could be for several more days.

"At this stage, with her history, they're going to want to keep her in for a while just to make sure they've fixed what they needed to fix," Morrison said, who did not offer details of the treatment.

Taylor, who's appeared in more than 50 films, won Oscars for her performances in "Butterfield 8" (1960) and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" (1966). But she's been just as famous for her marriages — all eight of them, including two to Richard Burton — and her lifelong battles with substance abuse, her weight and physical ailments, including numerous visits to the hospital for more than 20 major operations and countless treatments.

The actress had near-fatal bouts with pneumonia in 1961 and 1990, and another respiratory infection forced her to cancel all engagements for several weeks in late 1992. She had both hip joints replaced in 1994 and 1995.

Her 2004 diagnosis for congestive heart failure, compounded with spinal fractures and the effects of scoliosis, left her nearly bedridden. She's also battled ulcers, amoebic dysentery, bursitis, and had a benign brain tumor removed in 1997. In recent years, she has had to use a wheelchair when out in public

Fingers crossed but...  ;) pretty sure she's just having a check up.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Eventhough God is the best knower, I think you're right, bec.    I had an aunt who lived with congestive heart failure for 25 years or so.  She passed last year this month at 85.  She would periodically go into the hospital for discomfort and they'd do something like drain the water from her legs, maybe adjust her medication, and she'd feel 100% better.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
The News of the World have a picture of Liz looking really ill and frail, with an oxygen tube up her nose.

She doesnt look good.   :cry:

I dont know why, but i have a bad feeling that she may leave us on Valentines Day.

If Michael has died, then he will be calling her.

---------

This picture was taken a few days before she was hospitialised, according to that newspaper:

Valentine's day is here and she is still with us....but not looking good at all.....I hope she survives but who can tell for sure......If Mike is alive I wonder what he is going to do about this
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
I mean if the worst happeneds to Liz......I really hope she will be better soon but what if.....what would Michael do if he is alive
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Gina, read the article Bec posted above.

The 78-year-old Taylor was admitted late last week and is being treated for symptoms caused by congestive heart failure, a condition she disclosed she had back in November 2004.

This is not sudden heart failure, it's a long standing condition. Not wishing to downplay the severity of her illness, I'm hoping that in this case it's the media over-sensationalising things as usual.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
I hope she is strong enough curls
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GOD bless you,Liz. May you get better soon. I pray to angels to come to you and comfort you. Ease your pain and bring you peace and joy. Thank you and I love you.

I LOVE YOU ALL & GOD BLESS :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Be FREE and HAPPY.LOVE is the key.
You are just another part of me.
We are here to change the world.
~\(≧▽≦)/~

Elizabeth is a truly legendary actress who has blessed us with many performances. Like many of you, I pray for a safe and fast recovery but I also understand that in  your elder years it is harder to fight off diseases because the body grows weaker as it ages. All I know is, Liz has graced us with 78 years of beauty and she will never be forgotten no matter what happens to her in the future. She is not only a respectable character, but shes Michael's devout Angel. Boy, as male, however, she was really something as a youngster! I can see why Michael admired her! She was very beautiful when she was in her prime!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Coming soon to a trial near you; MJ: the resurrection

suspicious mind

Quote from: "curls"

This is not sudden heart failure, it's a long standing condition. Not wishing to downplay the severity of her illness, I'm hoping that in this case it's the media over-sensationalising things as usual.
[/b][/i][/u]

oh yeah i was at the grocery the other night they already have the sad last days headline  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

i dreamt about this story allnight lastnite dont know why one minute im thinking least she can now be with michael then im thinking maybe she cant go on without michael who knows also i didnt know liz had a problem with substance abuse or used a wheelchair,shes been on a downward spiral since michaels death was announced so maybe she feels she can let go now and be with her best friend but if hes alive then it will be a very sad loss take care,i thought this news would bring michael out of hiding considering the closeness they share?take care liz
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "imred"
BreakingNews

Spokesperson says Elizabeth Taylor being monitored at hospital after suffering from symptoms of congestive heart failure - NBC

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hello!!!

Back with some news about Michael's friend Liz Taylor.
Liz did it again,it seems that it was a false rumor,she did not had a heart attack  :D .We all love you Liz and I wish wish you a very Happy Birthday on your 79 birthday  :D  8-) !!!.

Elizabeth Taylor feeling stronger, did not have heart attack
Posted 59 minutes ago by Corinne Heller

[attachment=0:3kqq7qwe]7954184_600x338.jpg[/attachment:3kqq7qwe]
Elizabeth Taylor's health is continuing to improve and she will remain in the hospital after being admitted earlier this month, her spokesperson says, adding that the actress has not suffered a heart attack or stroke and has not had heart surgery.
Taylor, who turns 79 on February 27, was admitted to a Los Angeles hospital about two weeks ago after suffering symptoms of heart failure.

"Elizabeth Taylor's doctors continue to be encouraged by her progress," her spokesperson said in a statement obtained by OnTheRedCarpet.com. "She will stay in the hospital for now, so they can continue to observe her. She is in good spirits and continues to feel stronger every day."

Taylor was diagnosed with congestive heart failure several years ago and underwent heart surgery in 2009. The procedure involved implanting a clip to prevent blood leaking back into her heart through the mitral valve.

The silver screen legend has battled several other ailments over the past decades and has in recent years used a wheelchair when appearing in public.

She suffered near-fatal bouts with pneumonia in 1961 and 1990 and had both hip joints replaced in 1994 and 1995. Taylor has battled ulcers, amoebic dysentery and bursitis and in 1997, she had a benign brain tumor removed.
The actress is known for roles in films such as "Cleopatra" and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" and for her multiple marriages.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Quote from: "suspicious mind"
Quote from: "curls"

[/b][/i][/u]

oh yeah i was at the grocery the other night they already have the sad last days headline  :roll:

actually i saw one that said something about her sad last birthday celebration . remember not that long ago the mention of i think jackie to people to be careful driving home from the party. thing is her actual birthday isn't until 27th. then there was that best birthday ever post.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
I am glad she's feeling better
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions