Sarahli

Re: TIAI January 23
January 23, 2011, 04:08:11 PM
Call me crazy but I feel like it's not over yet.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

MissG

January 23, 2011, 04:13:30 PM
Quote from: "Sarahli"
Crazy
---------  ;) ---------

I am not sure either. Her poem has a sad aura. Today was her -day, may be has nothing to do with the court, but has to do that the people that she expected did not come to her celebration, as Jesse.

IDK how to interpretate her mood.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

January 23, 2011, 05:00:12 PM
Quote from: "bec"
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "TheRunningGirl"
What would be Eliza greatest Birthday?  
What happens on Thriller night?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Thriller" is a song by American recording artist Michael Jackson. It is the seventh and final single from his sixth studio album Thriller. It was released on January 23, 1984 by Epic Records.

Just a thought!  :shock:

With L.O.V.E
The 27th anniversary (999). Interesting.

Interesting because 4 days later was the Pepsi accident on 1/27/1984. Thursday will be it's 27th anniversary.

and Tuesday Conrad back in Court  2 + 5 = 7  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

January 23, 2011, 06:20:11 PM
Really very sorry for Eliza :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
January 23, 2011, 06:37:45 PM
Lisa Marie Presley's birthday is on the 1st February......just like me !!! ;)  ;)  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 23, 2011, 08:01:20 PM
Death-Knell doctrine is a rule that allows an interlocutory appeal to be filed in cases where not allowing the appeal until final judgment would moot the issue on appeal and cause irreparable injury to the appellant's rights. This was recognized as an exception to the final-judgment rule but the doctrine was later limited by the U.S. Supreme Court in Coopers & Lybrand v. Livesay, 437 U.S. 463 (U.S. 1978) where the court held that the fact that an interlocutory order might induce a party to abandon his claim before final judgment was not a sufficient reason for considering it a "final decision." However the doctrine is still applicable in some contexts. For example, the doctrine allows an immediate appeal of the denial of a temporary restraining order when the lack of an appeal would leave nothing to be considered in the trial court. [Woratzeck v. Arizona Bd. of Exec. Clemency, 117 F.3d 400 (9th Cir. Ariz. 1997)]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

January 23, 2011, 08:15:11 PM
Quote from: "SoldierofLOVE"
Death-Knell doctrine is a rule that allows an interlocutory appeal to be filed in cases where not allowing the appeal until final judgment would moot the issue on appeal and cause irreparable injury to the appellant's rights. This was recognized as an exception to the final-judgment rule but the doctrine was later limited by the U.S. Supreme Court in Coopers & Lybrand v. Livesay, 437 U.S. 463 (U.S. 1978) where the court held that the fact that an interlocutory order might induce a party to abandon his claim before final judgment was not a sufficient reason for considering it a "final decision." However the doctrine is still applicable in some contexts. For example, the doctrine allows an immediate appeal of the denial of a temporary restraining order when the lack of an appeal would leave nothing to be considered in the trial court. [Woratzeck v. Arizona Bd. of Exec. Clemency, 117 F.3d 400 (9th Cir. Ariz. 1997)]
Can you translate that into simple English please?  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 23, 2011, 08:25:41 PM
I have no idea really.  I meant to have quotes around that.  I looked it up since Eliza mentioned death knell and I learned there is a death knell doctrine and thought I'd share that.    I'm not a lawyer so we can try and decipher together if it makes any sense to do so.  We don't really know what's going on but my cursory understanding is, if the death knell doctrine applies in her case - depending on what the ruling actually was - it seems that she can appeal?  Also, there maybe hasn't been a final ruling?    We're in the dark at the moment because we don't know what the ruling is exactly or if there's been a final one.  

I wonder who's having the best birthday ever?

Maybe Oprah will announce her miracle tomorrow that eventhough her step-father is named Vernon, her real father is named Vernon too and she's a
Presley!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Well, she is from Mississippi!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Anyway,

I looked up interloctory appeal to see if we can glean anything from all this legal mumbo jumbo.

"An interlocutory appeal (or interim appeal), in the law of civil procedure, is an appeal of a ruling by a trial court that is made before the trial itself has concluded. Most jurisdictions generally prohibit such appeals, requiring parties to wait until the trial has concluded before they challenge any of the decisions made by the judge during that trial. However, many jurisdictions make an exception for decisions that are particularly prejudicial to the rights of one of the parties. For example, if a party is asserting some form of immunity from suit, or is claiming that the court completely lacks personal jurisdiction over them, then it is recognized that being forced to wait for the conclusion of the trial would violate their right not to be subjected to a trial at all.
"
Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:31:42 PM by SoldierofLOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 23, 2011, 08:29:49 PM
Also, there are 2 comments from Eliza's post and she took down the image of Lady Justice  :|

I agree with "Sandy".  It would be great if she'd be clearer...  

kimberlyadam said...
sister,
call me....I am very concerned...Debbie and I are worried about you... Happy birthday and always know RJ and I love you very much...if you need a place my door is always open
Love, Kim

1/23/11 4:24 PM

Sandy said...
Kind of vague so be more bold so we will know what this is suppose to mean.We would like the details? Please

1/23/11 4:31 PM
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

January 23, 2011, 09:08:08 PM
Oh... Don't know if I understand it really, but could it mean that it was thrown out of court because the defendant (LMP) lives in the UK now?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

angel

January 23, 2011, 10:31:57 PM

Me, too.  It's far from over.  There is purpose is Eliza's situation.  As we have heard before, time will tell all.  

Happy Birthday, Eliza, and much L.O.V.E.  Indeed, a Presley you shall always be.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 23, 2011, 10:57:24 PM
Quote from: "angel"

Me, too.  It's far from over.  There is purpose is Eliza's situation.  As we have heard before, time will tell all.  

Happy Birthday, Eliza, and much L.O.V.E.  Indeed, a Presley you shall always be.

I agree wholeheartedly, even if there's a setback or delay.   And I think that's what the legal jargon means as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

January 23, 2011, 11:54:25 PM
There is one thing that would change things for her, if a special someone came forward saying he'd hoaxed his death in 1977 and is still alive, against the wishes of Priscilla and Lisa. I agree this isn't over. She might be down for round two, but there's more rounds to go. Just her calm steadfast determination is an indication she will keep going.

But now how this possible defeat in court can be her best birthday ever, is not clear. This is a very mysterious redirect, TS. Do you know something we don't know?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 24, 2011, 05:30:26 AM
It was Dangerous_Inc aka Cam aka Cameron's birthday as well on the 23rd. Happy belated birthday and thanks for all the leaks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

January 24, 2011, 12:43:45 PM
Well, Eliza is now thanking people for their birthday messages:

But I'm lost! That sad poem doesn't seem to ring true for 'the best birthday ever', unless something happened since the court hearing. Was that on 14th?  Have we heard anything official yet?  Maybe someone wants the outcome kept quiet?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions