Re: FBI Files Will Be Released 12/22
December 19, 2009, 04:17:09 PM
Jackson died on June 25,2009 in Los Angeles County, and was pronounced dead at UCLA Medical Center.

Law enforcement agents have been investigating allegations that the Jackson had been consuming painkillers, sedatives and antidepressants that may have contributed to his death at age 50. Law enforcement agencies including the federal Drug Enforcement Administration and California Attorney General Jerry Brown are helping Los Angeles police officers investigate the possible involvement of prescription drugs in Jackson's death.

Actually this part made me feel terrible. FBI is in this whole hoax thing so it means that

1-He's dead
2-He's in the witness protection program

But why did they give so many details like who is helping the LAPD etc.. I don't know but I can say that I'm NOT happy with this  :cry:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 19, 2009, 04:23:06 PM
Im confused and dont know what to think right now. I wish someone would just put this in plain foreign-friendly english (english is not my native language) or write in baby talk for better understanding of what these papers really imply because my head is not catching up sorry.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JUST BECAUSE YOU READ IT IN THE MAGASINE OR SEE IT ON THE TV-SCREEN DONT MAKE IT FACTUAL.

Lorrie

December 19, 2009, 05:37:55 PM
Quote from: "DontBelieveTheHype"
Im confused and dont know what to think right now. I wish someone would just put this in plain foreign-friendly english (english is not my native language) or write in baby talk for better understanding of what these papers really imply because my head is not catching up sorry.
DontBelieveTheHype, I'm not sure what is confusing you, but here is a simple summary of the entire situation.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is also called the FBI for short. It's a law enforcement agency in the United States that can investigate certain types of crimes all over the country. When people, including celebrities, are (1) accused of a crime or (2) become the victim of a crime that the FBI investigates, the FBI begins a file in that person's name.

The file includes documents about the FBI's investigation. If there's more than one investigation involving the same person, all of the documents go in the same file, no matter when the investigation happened. It also doesn't matter if the person is accused of a crime or if the person is the victim of a crime. Every document becomes part of the person's FBI file.

Michael has a file at the FBI because (1) he was accused in the two child molestation cases, (2) other people threatened him, and (3) other people threatened him to try and get money or something else from him. The third thing is called extortion. All three situations are cases that the FBI investigates.

On Tuesday, December 22, the FBI is going to make some parts of Michael's FBI file available to anyone who wants to see them. The agency is doing this because there is a United States law called the Freedom of Information Act. The law makes it possible for people to ask the FBI if they can see someone's FBI file. You have to ask to see the file because the FBI doesn't make its files public unless someone asks to see them.

The FBI doesn't have to let the public see information that is (1) of a sensitive nature or (2) would violate the subject's right to privacy if it were public. Sensitive could mean a lot of things, such as the information is important to another case the FBI is actively investigating. If the information in the person's file isn't sensitive or of a private nature, then the FBI allows the public to see it.

Michael's FBI file has 679 pages. The FBI is going to let the public see 333 of those pages on December 22. The other 343 pages are either sensitive or private in nature and that's why the FBI will not let the public see them.

TMZ says that the 333 pages the public will be able to see concern (1) the child molestation cases, (2) threats against Michael, and (3) attempts to extort something from Michael. We don't know what the other 343 pages are about and possibly never will.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 19, 2009, 06:26:10 PM
Quote from: "Lorrie"
DontBelieveTheHype, I'm not sure what is confusing you, but here is a simple summary of the entire situation.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is also called the FBI for short. It's a law enforcement agency in the United States that can investigate certain types of crimes all over the country. When people, including celebrities, are (1) accused of a crime or (2) become the victim of a crime that the FBI investigates, the FBI begins a file in that person's name.

The file includes documents about the FBI's investigation. If there's more than one investigation involving the same person, all of the documents go in the same file, no matter when the investigation happened. It also doesn't matter if the person is accused of a crime or if the person is the victim of a crime. Every document becomes part of the person's FBI file.

Michael has a file at the FBI because (1) he was accused in the two child molestation cases, (2) other people threatened him, and (3) other people threatened him to try and get money or something else from him. The third thing is called extortion. All three situations are cases that the FBI investigates.

On Tuesday, December 22, the FBI is going to make some parts of Michael's FBI file available to anyone who wants to see them. The agency is doing this because there is a United States law called the Freedom of Information Act. The law makes it possible for people to ask the FBI if they can see someone's FBI file. You have to ask to see the file because the FBI doesn't make its files public unless someone asks to see them.

The FBI doesn't have to let the public see information that is (1) of a sensitive nature or (2) would violate the subject's right to privacy if it were public. Sensitive could mean a lot of things, such as the information is important to another case the FBI is actively investigating. If the information in the person's file isn't sensitive or of a private nature, then the FBI allows the public to see it.

Michael's FBI file has 679 pages. The FBI is going to let the public see 333 of those pages on December 22. The other 343 pages are either sensitive or private in nature and that's why the FBI will not let the public see them.

TMZ says that the 333 pages the public will be able to see concern (1) the child molestation cases, (2) threats against Michael, and (3) attempts to extort something from Michael. We don't know what the other 343 pages are about and possibly never will.

Lorrie, thank you so much for describing this for me. I understood everything when you typed it down like this. Im sorry if I come across as a ignorant person but sometimes Im just slow. Its hard to keep up with all these difficult words sometimes and the way its laid out. Court documents and stuff like that.. Thank you for taking your time to help me understand. Now I get it!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JUST BECAUSE YOU READ IT IN THE MAGASINE OR SEE IT ON THE TV-SCREEN DONT MAKE IT FACTUAL.

Lorrie

December 19, 2009, 06:32:11 PM
Lorrie, thank you so much for describing this for me. I understood everything when you typed it down like this. Im sorry if I come across as a ignorant person but sometimes Im just slow. Its hard to keep up with all these difficult words sometimes and the way its laid out. Court documents and stuff like that.. Thank you for taking your time to help me understand. Now I get it!
You're quite welcome, DontBelieveTheHype. I'm glad I could help. It's easy to forget that every forum member isn't a native English speaker, especially when they write as well as you do in English. If you hadn't said that English wasn't your first language, I would have never guessed. You definitely had me fooled!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 19, 2009, 06:49:38 PM
Quote from: "Lorrie"
You're quite welcome, DontBelieveTheHype. I'm glad I could help. It's easy to forget that every forum member isn't a native English speaker, especially when they write as well as you do in English. If you hadn't said that English wasn't your first language, I would have never guessed. You definitely had me fooled!

Aw Lorrie thats so sweet of you. I seem to have fooled alot of people on english speaking MJ forums. :lol:  Im fortunate to have a really good english teacher in school and Im always up for learning the same kind of terms and words that you use in everyday speaking. I always aim to have the ability to speak in conversations as anyone else from America/England would, Im from Scandinavia. Im glad I could ask you for an easier translation of what this topic was even about.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 19, 2009, 06:57:53 PM
Quote from: "Happy Feet"
The examiner.com already has an article on this. The FBI is only releasing 333 pages of the report. There are 343 pages that remain classified and kept private.

Here's a link to the article. Please read.  

Here's a snippet of the article. I'm not sure what to make of it  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

"Jackson died on June 25,2009 in Los Angeles County, and was pronounced dead at UCLA Medical Center.

Law enforcement agents have been investigating allegations that the Jackson had been consuming painkillers, sedatives and antidepressants that may have contributed to his death at age 50. Law enforcement agencies including the federal Drug Enforcement Administration and California Attorney General Jerry Brown are helping Los Angeles police officers investigate the possible involvement of prescription drugs in Jackson's death."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

im sorry but i thought the the drug propophol was the cause?? so this is a FALSE record
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 19, 2009, 07:11:56 PM
I saw that other gal's info on the FBI files from MJJC too. She and I have talked. We both have Elvis' FBI files so have talked about that, and about MJ's of course. :)

All of you who are worried, I think you need to calm down. I'll just say this again, having said it before: MJ could very well be dead. I accept that, and frankly, I think every person here should accept that very real possibility. But at the same time, we all know the major inconsistencies and convoluted information surrounding MJ's "death." We all know he could also very well be alive. There is MUCH to suggest that is in fact the case.

Whatever is in the FBI files, it will not tell you he is alive and it will not tell you he is dead. You're not going to see a death certificate in there (that is  NOT public information freely accessible via the invocation of the Freedom of Information Act, nor will it EVER be). There will be no autopsy photos. There will be no open casket photos. There will be nothing in there that would serve as proof that he is dead. And there will be nothing about the investigation into his "death" because that is NOT public information. And, if he is alive, there's not going to be ANYTHING in there that would prove that: no information on the Witness Protection Program. No information pointing to his location. Nothing whatsoever that would prove or even suggest that MJ is still alive and that his death was hoaxed, and/or that the FBI or CIA or any other government agency had ANYTHING to do with it.That's NOT what those files are about.

I will also say that when the FBI first replied to me in letter form, they told me that there are 591 pages in MJ's FBI file. I have this in writing. Their letter did not say that all 591 pages would be accessible or available, only that there are "591 pages which are potentially responsive" to my request. How many we will have access to, we will know for sure on December 22 when the files are available online.

I would also like to point out that just because MJ was involved in allegations of molestation, that does NOT mean that information linked to those allegations will appear in the FBI files. There is no way to know that for sure until the files are released. But considering that he was never formally charged in 1993, and signed a legal settlement with specific stipulations about confidentiality (for both parties), I would be very, VERY surprised if ANY of that information is in there. And even if it is, it is very, VERY likely that this information will be redacted (BLACKED OUT or completely removed), because otherwise it would violate the Privacy Act and the rights of all parties involved--which they CAN NOT DO!). And anything that happened in 2003 is already public record and readily available on the Internet, so there would be nothing new or earth-shattering in that regard.

Everyone just needs to chill out about the FBI files. They're obviously releasing them because there is such a demand for them. So by making them available for download it frees them from the task of photocopying those files every time any Tom, Dick, or Harry writes and asks for them. They'd have to hire people just to photocopy MJ's files on a regular basis, I'm sure. They don't want to be doing that!

I would be beyond surprised if there is ANYTHING in those files that is shocking or scandalous. In my mind, MJ was trashed every which way from Sunday pre-June 25th. There's nothing revelatory that could be exposed in those files that isn't already available for pubic consumption. And there's nothing that is going to prove that he's dead, anymore than there will be anything that will prove he's alive.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

December 19, 2009, 07:19:57 PM
Quote from: "Christiana"
I saw that other gal's info on the FBI files from MJJC too. She and I have talked. We both have Elvis' FBI files so have talked about that, and about MJ's of course. :)

All of you who are worried, I think you need to calm down. I'll just say this again, having said it before: MJ could very well be dead. I accept that, and frankly, I think every person here should accept that very real possibility. But at the same time, we all know the major inconsistencies and convoluted information surrounding MJ's "death." We all know he could also very well be alive. There is MUCH to suggest that is in fact the case.

Whatever is in the FBI files, it will not tell you he is alive and it will not tell you he is dead. You're not going to see a death certificate in there (that is  NOT public information freely accessible via the invocation of the Freedom of Information Act, nor will it EVER be). There will be no autopsy photos. There will be no open casket photos. There will be nothing in there that would serve as proof that he is dead. And there will be nothing about the investigation into his "death" because that is NOT public information. And, if he is alive, there's not going to be ANYTHING in there that would prove that: no information on the Witness Protection Program. No information pointing to his location. Nothing whatsoever that would prove or even suggest that MJ is still alive and that his death was hoaxed, and/or that the FBI or CIA or any other government agency had ANYTHING to do with it.That's NOT what those files are about.

I will also say that when the FBI first replied to me in letter form, they told me that there are 591 pages in MJ's FBI file. I have this in writing. Their letter did not say that all 591 pages would be accessible or available, only that there are "591 pages which are potentially responsive" to my request. How many we will have access to, we will know for sure on December 22 when the files are available online.

I would also like to point out that just because MJ was involved in allegations of molestation, that does NOT mean that information linked to those allegations will appear in the FBI files. There is no way to know that for sure until the files are released. But considering that he was never formally charged in 1993, and signed a legal settlement with specific stipulations about confidentiality (for both parties), I would be very, VERY surprised if ANY of that information is in there. And even if it is, it is very, VERY likely that this information will be redacted (BLACKED OUT or completely removed), because otherwise it would violate the Privacy Act and the rights of all parties involved--which they CAN NOT DO!). And anything that happened in 2003 is already public record and readily available on the Internet, so there would be nothing new or earth-shattering in that regard.

Everyone just needs to chill out about the FBI files. They're obviously releasing them because there is such a demand for them. So by making them available for download it frees them from the task of photocopying those files every time any Tom, Dick, or Harry writes and asks for them. They'd have to hire people just to photocopy MJ's files on a regular basis, I'm sure. They don't want to be doing that!

I would be beyond surprised if there is ANYTHING in those files that is shocking or scandalous. In my mind, MJ was trashed every which way from Sunday pre-June 25th. There's nothing revelatory that could be exposed in those files that isn't already available for pubic consumption. And there's nothing that is going to prove that he's dead, anymore than there will be anything that will prove he's alive.

Thank you very much for settling that :D  I do mean that sincerely ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love you more...forever

December 19, 2009, 07:23:43 PM
Thank you so much Christiana for your very clear explanation ( English is not my native language.)
I guess we just have to wait  till the 22th and read a lot then (Well it keeps me of the street right  :lol: )
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you\'re willing to change the world let LOVE be your energy"

December 19, 2009, 07:48:36 PM
Quote from: "LLJ"
I don't feel so good right now. Dont know what to think?
Same here. I really don't want perhaps proof that he probably is dead. That would be devastating for us all.
How can they release these files when there has been no court case yet?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mungu awape imani.
God give you faith.

December 19, 2009, 07:49:46 PM
Thanks for providing the layout of what to expect. I have never had a reason to make such a request so I was unaware that it was something that the average person could do. Your points are well taken since it is highly unlikely that the FBI would provide random citizens with top secret information. As most people should understand that level of information is on a need-to-know basis. Mjs fans aren't on the need-to-know list.

Quote from: "Christiana"

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

teensy

December 19, 2009, 09:11:09 PM
I'm intrigued. I've marked it on my calender.  :geek:

I do hope we get a more comprehensive look at all the Ish Michael has been through, even if we already know most of it. It will be interesting to get the information from the perpective of the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).

Learning about Michael and all he has been thought has really open my heart, and made me respect him more and more.  :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lorrie

December 19, 2009, 10:27:41 PM
Aw Lorrie thats so sweet of you. I seem to have fooled alot of people on english speaking MJ forums. :lol:  Im fortunate to have a really good english teacher in school and Im always up for learning the same kind of terms and words that you use in everyday speaking. I always aim to have the ability to speak in conversations as anyone else from America/England would, Im from Scandinavia. Im glad I could ask you for an easier translation of what this topic was even about.
Again, no problem, DontBelieveTheHype. Your teacher must be excellent because you really do use a lot of everyday colloquial expressions in English correctly, which is very difficult to do when you're not fluent in a language. I have two degrees in Linguistics and years of experience studying quite a few languages, but I can only pull that off in a couple of them. Kudos to you!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 20, 2009, 12:05:09 AM
Quote from: "Harleyblonde"
Quote from: "LLJ"
I don't feel so good right now. Dont know what to think?
Same here. I really don't want perhaps proof that he probably is dead. That would be devastating for us all.
How can they release these files when there has been no court case yet?

If you read my previous posts on this, I've already answered your question. The FBI files have NOTHING to do with the investigation into MJ's "death." There will be no information on that in there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)