nefari

I was put under as well for wisdom teeth extraction & I was a young teenager but it is something that is done without a big issue. I was taken care of right there in the dentist's office with the older anesthesia, before propofol was used.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
]

mjkate

exactly...my little girl was just plain terrified of getting a baby tooth pulled and the dentist was wondering how the heck he was going to pull a little wiggly tooth without a huge commotion. We finally convinced her and I held her hand but she still wiggled and cried. Imagine if it was a one or two hour surgery there would be no way she would have felt comfortable during that nor would it have been possible. Can you imagine that MJ has to endure this constantly. What if Pax or Maddox Jolie Pitt had to have some dental surgery and they were put under...What would TMZ say then!!!! And by the way they phrase the headline it's as if MJ forced his little kid to go under anesthesia for no reason and in a bad way. Then you read the article (which some might not) and all it is is dental surgery. Shame on you TMZ for drawing the little kids into your disgusting seedy tabloid world...are you really nice people if you get your kicks by hurting others. Dregs of society is what you are. And please I don't want to hear that TMZ are in on it - they are sleaze.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Wow.. I didn't mean for it to be made into such a big deal. Sorry.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

Here is an article from another media source vindicating Michaels use of dental treatment and anaethetic.  Some of which has been discussed in this thread.  Hope its ok to post it here seem to tie in so to speak ;)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

By Charles Thomson

January 14, 2011, (Sawf News) - Among the less scrupulous red-top reporters on both sides of the Atlantic, there's an old adage; 'Never let the facts get in the way of a good story'.

I can't think of a recent story which has embodied that philosophy more than TMZ's supposed scoop yesterday, accusing Michael Jackson of pressuring a dentist into putting his youngest son Prince Michael II (AKA Blanket) to sleep with anesthetic.

'MJ Pushed Dr. To Improperly Give Son Anesthesia', read TMZ's headline. Shocking indeed. Certainly more shocking than 'MJ's Son Went To The Dentist Two And A Half Years Ago', which would have been a far more accurate assessment of the situation -- for while TMZ accused Jackson of 'subjecting one of his children to risky medical treatment', the truth was far more banal.

At the heart of this story is the allegation that in July 2008, Dr Mark Tadrissi performed oral surgery on two occasions, once on Jackson and once on his son Blanket, which required the use of anesthetic. The snag? Dr Tadrissi didn't have a permit to use general anesthetic in his office, but called in an anesthesiologist anyway and went ahead with the surgeries. Dr Tadrissi was investigated over his actions in 2009 and sanctioned by the Nevada State Board of Dental Examiners in 2010.

The TMZ article appears to have been written with two specific intentions; the first, to suggest that Jackson was reckless when it came to drugs -- particularly anesthetic, an overdose of which caused his death in June 2009 -- and the second, to suggest that he was a bad father, ordering his then six-year-old child to undergo a procedure involving the 'risky' use of general anesthetic. In actuality, the facts and evidence demonstrate neither point.

Describing the use of anesthetic on a child during oral surgery as a 'risky medical treatment' is utterly inaccurate and entirely irresponsible. According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry's (AAPD) website, "General anesthesia can be helpful for children requiring significant surgical procedures." Jackson's son required two hours of dental surgery. The AAPD website also states that, "general anesthetic can be used safely and effectively when administered by an appropriately-trained individual in an appropriately-equipped facility." This brings me neatly to my next point.

According to TMZ's own version of events, which purports to be taken from internal documents, Dr Tadrissi told Jackson he wasn't able to administer anesthetic – so Jackson instructed the doctor to bring in a qualified anesthesiologist.

According to a legal document obtained by SawfNews.com -- a Stipulation Agreement filed by the Nevada State Board of Dental Examiners in March 2010 -- Dr Tadrissi did exactly that, hiring a 'Nevada licensed anesthesiologist' to administer anesthetic during Jackson's own surgery. His son's surgery is not mentioned in the Stipulation Agreement, but there is no evidence to suggest that Dr Tadrissi's actions differed when treating the boy.

This confirmation that Dr Tadrissi hired a licensed anesthesiologist renders some segments of TMZ's article entirely fictitious, not least it's incredibly misleading headline, 'MJ Pushed Dr. To Improperly Give Son Anesthesia'. The anesthetic wasn't given by the doctor and it wasn't given improperly. Moreover, Jackson didn't push the doctor to administer anything. By TMZ's own admission, Jackson specifically asked for a professional anesthesiologist.

The article's first line is also fictitious, stating that, "Michael Jackson subjected one of his children to the same risky medical treatment that eventually killed him." Jackson died in his home after his personal doctor -- not a qualified anesthesiologist – self-confessedly administered anesthetic unnecessarily and did so without any of the necessary accompanying equipment. Conversely, in 2008 Jackson allowed a licensed anesthesiologist to sedate his son using the correct equipment in a dentist's clinic for necessary surgery. The situations aren't remotely comparable.

Once you strip TMZ's scoop of its inaccuracy and hyperbole, here's what you're left with; in 2008, Michael Jackson took his son to a dentist, who told Jackson that his son required a two-hour-long surgical procedure and would need to be anesthetized. Jackson asked the dentist to hire a licensed anesthesiologist. The dentist complied. The boy was sedated under the correct circumstances and monitored by a professional throughout his surgery. In other words, Jackson behaved like any other parent, allowing his child to undergo necessary medical treatment but first ensuring that it was to be done properly.

By wrongly accusing Jackson of 'pushing' and 'cajoling' the dentist into conducting a 'risky medical treatment', TMZ implies that the dentist's care was somehow substandard or dangerous. This is untrue. Dr Tadrissi did not stand accused of endangering his patients, giving substandard care or any other form of incompetence. He simply allowed a licensed anesthesiologist to sedate a patient in his clinic without the correct permit.

So for all TMZ's sensationalism -- which would have you believe that Dr Tadrissi is some sort of Dr Feelgood, dishing out anesthetic like lollipops -- his only real mistake was one akin to selling a few bottles of Wild Turkey out of one's garage without first acquiring a liquor license. Aside from covering the cost of the investigation ($2750), Tadrissi was simply required to complete eight hours of education (four on ethics, four on record keeping) and take a jurisprudence exam.

Through misleading and at times wholly inaccurate wording, TMZ has spun a bureaucratic misdemeanor into an exaggerated tale of medical malpractice and maniacally irresponsible parenting. The timing is suspicious; Dr Conrad Murray has just been ordered to stand trial for the involuntary manslaughter of Michael Jackson and the media's coverage of both the singer and his physician could significantly impact potential jurors' views on the star's death between now and the trial. By twisting the facts in order to portray Jackson as a deranged diva who demanded the 'risky' use of anesthetic on himself and his six-year-old son, TMZ paints a picture of a man who could very easily have bullied his physician into giving him anesthetic or even have administered it to himself.

TMZ's sensationalistic story about Jackson's trips to the dentist is especially irresponsible given that the website is now seen by many as a go-to spot for news on the star. Ever since the site was the first media outlet in the world to break the news of Jackson's death (although many fans have labeled this a fluke, claiming that the site announced Jackson's death long before it was even called at the hospital) the website has achieved a level of popularity, recognition and perceived credibility which it had never before seen. Already, dozens of other websites have replicated TMZ's story and many more will almost certainly follow suit. In an industry plagued by 'copy and paste' journalism TMZ should take more care to ensure that its journalism is both fair and accurate. Neither can be said for yesterday's story.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Supervision

@Ijustcantstoplovingu
Thanks for posting this clarification.
 I was almost sure  from the start that TMZ’s “timely” article was a “defense type of move”..
as in painting our  Mike as highly irresponsible and yes an deluded addict/bully.

So,no comparison with the Chandler case , that I could see, anyway from the beginning?
So, to me,  I could  not see this tabloid sensationalism by TMZ as containing a clue for us to go in and decipher to add to the Hoax clues etc.either :?  .  
Rather, I still believe the aim of the articles to show that    sub-text= Mike KOP was a strung out addict,who not only  endangered himself as well as his kids.
=Free Murry=Mike killed himself etc..
So, IMO..what you have posted here just now, this is the kind of clearheaded  response that is needed to debunk that sort of trashy/damaging  article, rather than just for some of us  to just  zero in to look for clues for the hoax, where,as I have said,  I personally believe there were none there,the articles aim being totally the opposite ? :?

Well, I guess to each his own,if they claim to see clues and a comparison to Chandlers case etc... : ;)

Thanks again for your post.
I really appreciated reading it this factual clarification to show what Mike like any other  good parent, actually  really did in that instance for his son Blanket. etc..  :)  ..
Peace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thanks to ijustcantstoplovingu for posting this new article.  I'm so happy to see that a journalist would take the time and write an accurate portrayal of the situation.  I bet Michael was also sitting right there with Blanket during the entire procedure.

I now officially HATE TMZ!!!  I've never thought they were on Michael's side anyway, and this just solidifies for me how low they really are, and how much they SUCK!  In fact, I think they are even lower than some of the other tabloids.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjkate

agreed...they may be in on it, they may know things, but to stoop so low as to bring blanket into it, that is just not something that can ever be accepable on any level.

Harvey, if you are reading this,  you are make your living on other people pain. I think that is a sickness. One day these things will haunt you...please stop now and use all of your energy to do something good in the world.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Wanna Be Startin' Something

"i took my baby to the doctor with a fever, but nothing he found; by the time this hit the street they said she had a breakdown..."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Ijustcantstoplovingu"
Here is an article from another media source vindicating Michaels use of dental treatment and anaethetic.  Some of which has been discussed in this thread.  Hope its ok to post it here seem to tie in so to speak ;)

By Charles Thomson

January 14, 2011, (Sawf News) - Among the less scrupulous red-top reporters on both sides of the Atlantic, there's an old adage; 'Never let the facts get in the way of a good story'.

I can't think of a recent story which has embodied that philosophy more than TMZ's supposed scoop yesterday, accusing Michael Jackson of pressuring a dentist into putting his youngest son Prince Michael II (AKA Blanket) to sleep with anesthetic.

'MJ Pushed Dr. To Improperly Give Son Anesthesia', read TMZ's headline. Shocking indeed. Certainly more shocking than 'MJ's Son Went To The Dentist Two And A Half Years Ago', which would have been a far more accurate assessment of the situation -- for while TMZ accused Jackson of 'subjecting one of his children to risky medical treatment', the truth was far more banal.

At the heart of this story is the allegation that in July 2008, Dr Mark Tadrissi performed oral surgery on two occasions, once on Jackson and once on his son Blanket, which required the use of anesthetic. The snag? Dr Tadrissi didn't have a permit to use general anesthetic in his office, but called in an anesthesiologist anyway and went ahead with the surgeries. Dr Tadrissi was investigated over his actions in 2009 and sanctioned by the Nevada State Board of Dental Examiners in 2010.

The TMZ article appears to have been written with two specific intentions; the first, to suggest that Jackson was reckless when it came to drugs -- particularly anesthetic, an overdose of which caused his death in June 2009 -- and the second, to suggest that he was a bad father, ordering his then six-year-old child to undergo a procedure involving the 'risky' use of general anesthetic. In actuality, the facts and evidence demonstrate neither point.

Describing the use of anesthetic on a child during oral surgery as a 'risky medical treatment' is utterly inaccurate and entirely irresponsible. According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry's (AAPD) website, "General anesthesia can be helpful for children requiring significant surgical procedures." Jackson's son required two hours of dental surgery. The AAPD website also states that, "general anesthetic can be used safely and effectively when administered by an appropriately-trained individual in an appropriately-equipped facility." This brings me neatly to my next point.

According to TMZ's own version of events, which purports to be taken from internal documents, Dr Tadrissi told Jackson he wasn't able to administer anesthetic – so Jackson instructed the doctor to bring in a qualified anesthesiologist.

According to a legal document obtained by SawfNews.com -- a Stipulation Agreement filed by the Nevada State Board of Dental Examiners in March 2010 -- Dr Tadrissi did exactly that, hiring a 'Nevada licensed anesthesiologist' to administer anesthetic during Jackson's own surgery. His son's surgery is not mentioned in the Stipulation Agreement, but there is no evidence to suggest that Dr Tadrissi's actions differed when treating the boy.

This confirmation that Dr Tadrissi hired a licensed anesthesiologist renders some segments of TMZ's article entirely fictitious, not least it's incredibly misleading headline, 'MJ Pushed Dr. To Improperly Give Son Anesthesia'. The anesthetic wasn't given by the doctor and it wasn't given improperly. Moreover, Jackson didn't push the doctor to administer anything. By TMZ's own admission, Jackson specifically asked for a professional anesthesiologist.

The article's first line is also fictitious, stating that, "Michael Jackson subjected one of his children to the same risky medical treatment that eventually killed him." Jackson died in his home after his personal doctor -- not a qualified anesthesiologist – self-confessedly administered anesthetic unnecessarily and did so without any of the necessary accompanying equipment. Conversely, in 2008 Jackson allowed a licensed anesthesiologist to sedate his son using the correct equipment in a dentist's clinic for necessary surgery. The situations aren't remotely comparable.

Once you strip TMZ's scoop of its inaccuracy and hyperbole, here's what you're left with; in 2008, Michael Jackson took his son to a dentist, who told Jackson that his son required a two-hour-long surgical procedure and would need to be anesthetized. Jackson asked the dentist to hire a licensed anesthesiologist. The dentist complied. The boy was sedated under the correct circumstances and monitored by a professional throughout his surgery. In other words, Jackson behaved like any other parent, allowing his child to undergo necessary medical treatment but first ensuring that it was to be done properly.

By wrongly accusing Jackson of 'pushing' and 'cajoling' the dentist into conducting a 'risky medical treatment', TMZ implies that the dentist's care was somehow substandard or dangerous. This is untrue. Dr Tadrissi did not stand accused of endangering his patients, giving substandard care or any other form of incompetence. He simply allowed a licensed anesthesiologist to sedate a patient in his clinic without the correct permit.

So for all TMZ's sensationalism -- which would have you believe that Dr Tadrissi is some sort of Dr Feelgood, dishing out anesthetic like lollipops -- his only real mistake was one akin to selling a few bottles of Wild Turkey out of one's garage without first acquiring a liquor license. Aside from covering the cost of the investigation ($2750), Tadrissi was simply required to complete eight hours of education (four on ethics, four on record keeping) and take a jurisprudence exam.

Through misleading and at times wholly inaccurate wording, TMZ has spun a bureaucratic misdemeanor into an exaggerated tale of medical malpractice and maniacally irresponsible parenting. The timing is suspicious; Dr Conrad Murray has just been ordered to stand trial for the involuntary manslaughter of Michael Jackson and the media's coverage of both the singer and his physician could significantly impact potential jurors' views on the star's death between now and the trial. By twisting the facts in order to portray Jackson as a deranged diva who demanded the 'risky' use of anesthetic on himself and his six-year-old son, TMZ paints a picture of a man who could very easily have bullied his physician into giving him anesthetic or even have administered it to himself.

TMZ's sensationalistic story about Jackson's trips to the dentist is especially irresponsible given that the website is now seen by many as a go-to spot for news on the star. Ever since the site was the first media outlet in the world to break the news of Jackson's death (although many fans have labeled this a fluke, claiming that the site announced Jackson's death long before it was even called at the hospital) the website has achieved a level of popularity, recognition and perceived credibility which it had never before seen. Already, dozens of other websites have replicated TMZ's story and many more will almost certainly follow suit. In an industry plagued by 'copy and paste' journalism TMZ should take more care to ensure that its journalism is both fair and accurate. Neither can be said for yesterday's story.

Thanks for posting this article.  I know many parents who have had their young children properly  anesthetized for dental surgery.  I wonder what TMZ is up to?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kylie

In my opinion, the content of the article is BS...As a dental nurse, I know there is no way in hell a 6 year old would need 2 hours work done on their teeth, unless they had never been brushed in their life. I am sure Michael would have ensured the kids brushed their teeth AT LEAST once a day, so there would be no reason for Blanket to need 2 hours of work done.

This article is just for clues it seems.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Kylie"
In my opinion, the content of the article is BS...As a dental nurse, I know there is no way in hell a 6 year old would need 2 hours work done on their teeth, unless they had never been brushed in their life. I am sure Michael would have ensured the kids brushed their teeth AT LEAST once a day, so there would be no reason for Blanket to need 2 hours of work done.

This article is just for clues it seems.

Are you sure that a child wouldn't have a 2-hour surgery?  While there must be some reason TMZ wants to highlight this fabricated story that MJ was inappropriate with his child,  my cousin is a pediatric dentist and I remember him telling me about a 1-2 hour surgery on a 5 year old who I think he said had an impacted tooth.  And, I have just read a few accounts online about very young children having dental surgery for several cavities, but also crowns, impacted teeth  and even root canals!  One mother shared that her 4 year old had a 3 hour surgery.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

Charles Thomson's article is great but he isn't in on any hoax and he doesn't believe Michael is alive. He has no insight into the any other possible reasons for this article than what he has written in the article. His article is his opinion and from his perspective. This does not invalidate any other possibilities being discussed in this thread.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjkate

Sorry there are other ways to make mj look like a reckless addict that to publish a story about a 6 year (at the time boy) It just isn't acceptable on any level as I have said. And when I look at the other stories on TMZ, I see sad situations blown up for the world to see and Harvey and co laughing and giddy to share the next tragic story as fast as they can. It  is actually just so sick when you think about what they do. Even if they are in on the hoax, I am never going to visit their site again. Also, I did wonder about the 2 hour operation for teeth but it could have also been a jaw issue with wires inserted. My children have had a couple of young friends who have had that type of problem. Also the 2 hours could have been exaggerated....Thanks to the dental nurse for sharing...makes us think harder for answers.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
WTH :shock: ?!?!
No no no, this can not be true.... this is crazy!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions