Re: Summary of trial-Day 1 onwards
January 05, 2011, 04:21:01 PM
The estate will be paying all taxes just like they have been paying the debts back using the money made since his 'death' but not made from promoting his death...used from rebuilding his image,the TII dvd,cd,merch,album sales,merch,etc.Still..nothing had RIP on.
Michael Jackson has been named this year's top-earning dead celebrity, with earnings of nearly £175million ($275 million).
The singer, who died aged 50 in June 2009, earned a staggering £173million over the past twelve months - more than pop stars Lady Gaga, Madonna and Jay-Z combined.
His earnings were also more than the other 12 celebrities on the Forbes list, which included John Lennon, Steve McQueen and Elvis Presley
He hadn't been on the list before that so they did something right.

Check it out

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Very clever man ;)

@loud they were not on sale,people entered their names into an online lottery from all around the world and they were picked at random.When you gave it in you got a wristband and programme.The city of LA footed the bill mostly.
I was given mine but couldn't attend due to having a flight at the same time.
W
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Loud

January 05, 2011, 04:26:19 PM

RIP right and clearly here!!! Sorry...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2011, 04:30:40 PM
Quote from: "Loud"

I think you dont get it. those words are from Grace Rwaramba. And I think she did not earn anything with that picture..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2011, 04:30:45 PM
roman law, latin
2 different personas:
The individual Michael Jackson
& The legal persona thus the Estate.
How can the legal persona pay taxes in the name of the individual persona if that individual persona doesn't exist in files as a person alive?
I' judge by the laws i know, maybe you know exacly the answer for US
Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 04:33:51 PM by cascademjs
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2011, 04:33:16 PM

That was in the memorial book....which was not sold therefore no money was made from it....which is the point I made to start with.I never said the book never said RIP.I said merch,TII dvd,cd,Albums,and so on.Lack of tribute show etc etc.
Any memorial book being sold is from someone who was there and it is 2nd hand.They did not purchase it,it was part of being selected in the lottery.They are selling them for profit for themselves not to give back to the Estate.

I'm not sure why your trying to prove me wrong....I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't factual.
I work in music and Entertainment...I'm not speaking and not knowing what I am on about.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Loud

January 05, 2011, 04:33:47 PM
Quote from: "frogh777"

I think you dont get it. those words are from Grace Rwaramba. And I think she did not earn anything with that picture..

...well I do get it...believe me :lol:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Loud

January 05, 2011, 04:34:36 PM
Quote from: "Sinderella"

That was in the memorial book....which was not sold therefore no money was made from it....which is the point I made to start with.I never said the book never said RIP.I said merch,TII dvd,cd,Albums,and so on.Lack of tribute show etc etc.
Any memorial book being sold is from someone who was there and it is 2nd hand.They did not purchase it,it was part of being selected in the lottery.They are selling them for profit for themselves not to give back to the Estate.

I'm not sure why your trying to prove me wrong....I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't factual.
I work in music and Entertainment...I'm not speaking and not knowing what I am on about.

There was another memorila book and it was sold...even the gold one was sold!!! I have bought it  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2011, 04:36:36 PM
Quote from: "cascademjs"
roman law, latin
2 different personas:
The individual Michael Jackson
& The legal persona thus the Estate.
How can the legal persona pay taxes in the name of the individual persona if that individual persona doesn't exist in files as a person alive?
I' judge by the laws i know, maybe you know exacly the answer for US

I believe it would be because the money will be going to the estate and not to the individual. I would also imagine his children have to pay individual taxes. My grandson is 4 years old has has to pay taxes on money that is held in trust for him until he is 18. This is money that he will recieve when he is 18 from his Native American tribe.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2011, 04:39:19 PM
karen, but we are not talking about legal guardien for minors, because sure they dont have legal capacity to administrate, we are talking about an adult with full rights and obligations. so the question would be is it ok if i fake my death in US and no one can pay taxes for me because i am dead and it's impossible ? can i just live in hiding all my life and defy all rules of the society in US?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2011, 04:47:36 PM
Regardless,the memorial book will have gone to pay for the staples center/security it won't have gone into the estate/any Jackson's pocket.It will not be classed a product earning money for the Estate or children of Michael Jackson.
I do not want this thread to go like so many others and go so off topic it gets locked.
I was simply giving people an option to look at it from another angle,from the angle I do,because of what I do in order to boost spirits and restore believe/faith.
It is not something I wrote to become a major discussion,maybe I will open another thread on it instead and it can be discussed there in full if you like?

Apologies for taking it off the topic of the prelim/trial,my fault.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2011, 04:47:57 PM
Quote from: "cascademjs"
karen, but we are not talking about legal guardien for minors, because sure they dont have legal capacity to administrate, we are talking about an adult with full rights and obligations. so the question would be is it ok if i fake my death in US and no one can pay taxes for me because i am dead and it's impossible ? can i just live in hiding all my life and defy all rules of the society in US?

The point is that Michael is not making any money right now because it is all going to the estate, and the estate is likely paying the taxes along with other bills.  If/when Michael comes back, the estate would likely be dissolved, the money would go back to Michael, and he would resume paying the taxes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2011, 04:49:11 PM
Regardless,the memorial book will have gone to pay for the staples center/security it won't have gone into the estate/any Jackson's pocket.It will not be classed a product earning money for the Estate or children of Michael Jackson.
I do not want this thread to go like so many others and go so off topic it gets locked.
I was simply giving people an option to look at it from another angle,from the angle I do,because of what I do in order to boost spirits and restore believe/faith.
It is not something I wrote to become a major discussion,maybe I will open another thread on it instead and it can be discussed there in full if you like?

Also, didn't the estate pay money back to the City of Los Angeles to cover the costs of the Memorial anyway?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2011, 04:53:14 PM
I craeted a thread about it at General talk
Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 04:57:33 PM by cascademjs
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2011, 04:57:18 PM
Quote from: "PeaceLoveHappiness"

Also, didn't the estate pay money back to the City of Los Angeles to cover the costs of the Memorial anyway?

AEG own the Staples and Nokia LIVE centers,they along with the Jackson family contributed between $1.3million and $2million to the cost.The city pays a certain amount for it's use of public service ir police,for things like this out the city's fund anyway regardless.
It cost around $3.2million in total.

When I said $$$ will have gone into paying for the staples center/security,it went to pay for staff,because at the time they had just done a mass job cut and had to bring more staff,security etc in for that whole day.Clean up crews etc.
Just so we're clear on what I mean.AEG didn't earn money from it,they footed half the bill with the estate,therefore,not making a profit from Michael's 'death'.
Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:02:08 PM by Sinderella
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions