Riley Talks About Lessons He Learned From MJ
December 27, 2010, 07:27:23 PM
(26-12-2010) Producer Teddy Riley recently gave a phone interview to TODAYonline during which he spoke about the new album "Michael" but, he also talked candidly about some of the lessons he learned from the King of Pop. Riley said that for him, the album is a true representation of Jackson himself and that Jackson will forever be the man who taught him to "be strong" and stay the course.

"My biggest lesson, as far as learning from working with Michael, and knowing him and being a friend of his, is stay strong on what you feel is right, and stay hungry and stay humble," he said over the phone from London. "It will bring you a long way."

As for the criticisms that have been levelled at the album, Riley seems unfazed saying, "No, it doesn't bug me. I'm here for one purpose and one purpose only - to protect Michael and protect his legacy," he said. "And by any means necessary, I will go up against anyone. I will go up against the people who feel like they know him when they weren't there. It could be family, it doesn't matter who it is. I feel like [the album] is not for them. It's for him. And that's the bottom line.

"It's terrible having to deal with the hating and things that people say about you that you can't control," he continued. "But sometimes, it's good for you. Because you are nobody if no one is talking about you...  then you're finished. I kind of like it, though. Bad, good, ugly - it doesn't matter. I am living under the wings of the great Michael Jackson. He lives for controversy. And I'm learning to."

Riley, who first worked with Jackson on his "Dangerous" album, had already made a name for himself both as a producer and as a member of the R&B group Guy. But even so, he says he was still intimedated when he first began working with the legend.

"I was very intimidated at first, but I got through it," Riley said about working with Jackson for the first time.  "It became smooth sailing after a while. And I rolled with the punches. He taught me how to be strong and hold my own. He taught me how to work with him."

Dangerous was a huge success with hits like 'Remember The Time,' 'Jam' and 'In The Closet.' "Anything that Michael touched turned to platinum, not gold," Riley said of Jackson's work. Interestingly, echoes of Michael's work from the '80s and '90s can be heard in the Riley-produced track, 'Hollywood Tonight' from the new album.

"That was intentional. I thought it was a great idea to get that feel, you know, and make the song feel like it was the next level of Billie Jean. It's a different climate, different story, but you still have the taste and the touch of Michael. That being said, it just takes his story further."

Riley said the good thing about working with Jackson is that he always knew exactly what he wanted. "When it came to working. I just kind of went into 'Michael mode', in terms of putting the songs and putting everything on it. 'Michael mode' is very intense. It's no holds barred; you just reach for the sky. You do not accept nothing less than great. And you have to be strong."

Source: MJFC / todayonline.com

"He lives for controversy." The same sentence again...like on Oprah.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Riley Talks About Lessons He Learned From MJ
December 27, 2010, 09:15:17 PM
I love you teddy riley. I think you are a true friend to Michael. Hold him close and allow no one to marr him. Protect him until he knows its safe to return.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~~spreading the love~~~lets heal the world~~
~~Oklahomas most dedicated fan....Sheryll~~
~~~~~~~I Love U Michael~~~~~~~

December 27, 2010, 09:19:02 PM
Yeah he pretty much said the same thing on Oprah when she asked him if Michael would enjoy all of the controversy his response was "he loves it, he lives for it." I caught that right away and apparently he is still saying the same thing and still in the present tense...Is Riley dropping clues?!?!?!?!?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I close my eyes just to try and see you smile one more time
Its been so long now all I do is cry
Cant we find some love to take this away
Cause the pain gets stronger every day
Cant you see I dont wanna walk away

December 27, 2010, 11:37:08 PM
I guess we wouldn't know for sure but is this true?  "Michael LIVES for CONTROVERSY"  Really?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 28, 2010, 02:26:21 AM
Everytime Teddy talks about MJ in an interview lately he makes sure to say that MJ lives for controversy.  I definitely believe it's intentional for people who believe MJ is still alive.  You must admit Teddy sticks to his guns.  He said he doesn't care what anyone thinks not even the family.  He all about protecting MJ.  Sound like he means business to me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 28, 2010, 07:57:50 AM
Teddy is right when he says that the family knows little about the album.
 I think Michael's family not lived with him in recent years. For all we,  their companions were their children, employees and closest friends. So, some people (like Teddy himself) should know more about Michael's life than their parents and brothers.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Tell the angels no... Heaven can wait"!

Lady J

December 28, 2010, 08:52:14 AM
Quote from: "msteetee34"
Everytime Teddy talks about MJ in an interview lately he makes sure to say that MJ lives for controversy.  I definitely believe it's intentional for people who believe MJ is still alive.  You must admit Teddy sticks to his guns.  He said he doesn't care what anyone thinks not even the family.  He all about protecting MJ.  Sound like he means business to me.

Do you mean he´s doing that just for making money?  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions