MJonmind

I'm so-o-o happy for you, Michael! Love you! I love my new 'Michael'! My favorite Christmas gift.

I just have a question, when I told my son, he just said, "How come I never hear anything about this with my friends, maybe it's just old people who don't know how to download stuff for free like most people. They're the only ones who purchase CD's from the store. Michael's music has an old sound to it. 80's." So he says it's a false indicator.
What would you guys say to that? Help please!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lovemj

i,m so glad i cant wait to open mine (christmasday) i got it the day it came out i,m in uk but have been tempted to unwrap it a few times lol but michael is worth waiting for and so is the cd lol  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
michael where are you miss you more

everlastinglove_MJ

This is so great :D
Yesss, Michael you're
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

suspicious mind

was there ever any doubt? ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

MissG

It´s a bitter sweet "victory"  :D

Michael has proven to be once again the tip top  :D too bad all this is happening after his "death"

Michael is and will aways be the number one!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

RK

This is an awesome album and I knew it would be hugh. MJ is the KING. I've been listening to it nonstop since the 15th also. Congratulations Michael. :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "MJonmind"
I'm so-o-o happy for you, Michael! Love you! I love my new 'Michael'! My favorite Christmas gift.

I just have a question, when I told my son, he just said, "How come I never hear anything about this with my friends, maybe it's just old people who don't know how to download stuff for free like most people. They're the only ones who purchase CD's from the store. Michael's music has an old sound to it. 80's." So he says it's a false indicator.
What would you guys say to that? Help please!

Well, I'd tell him that first of all downloading music for free is stealing.  The only time it should be okay is if it's advertised as such. He can get in a lot of trouble for downloading that without permission. He should try working hard at a job and then have the person refuse to pay him after he's done the job and see how he likes it.

Secondly, the musician's today have all copied Michael's style. Maybe he's right if he and his friends like to hear cuss words every other word, or music that has no meaning but my son is in his early 20's and he listens to MJ as well as his friends (not to say my son doesn't have a bad mouth at times too). So, I think it could be the age group, IDK. That's okay though because looking back at the memorial it's evident that Michael is loved by the very young as well as the very old.

Don't pressure him - just keep playing MJ's music and I'm sure you'll start to see your son's toe tapping to the beat when he thinks you're not looking. Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

wohoooo ! I have been waiting for this . congratz michael !  :D  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You gave me strenght when I wasn\'t strong ..
You gave me hope when all hope was lost ..
You open my eyes when I couldn\'t see ..
Thank you for everything, Michael ..
ILYSM !

NOT ACCORDING TO YAHOO HES NOT NUMBER 1..IT SAYS HE ONLY SOLD 225000 COPIES, NOT 3 MILLION..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "MagentaLOVES"
NOT ACCORDING TO YAHOO HES NOT NUMBER 1..IT SAYS HE ONLY SOLD 225000 COPIES, NOT 3 MILLION..

I think it's 3 million globally and 225000 in US . isn't it ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You gave me strenght when I wasn\'t strong ..
You gave me hope when all hope was lost ..
You open my eyes when I couldn\'t see ..
Thank you for everything, Michael ..
ILYSM !

Quote from: "LavdHim"
Quote from: "MagentaLOVES"

I think it's 3 million globally and 225000 in US . isn't it ?

i hope your right, even though that still is not alot..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yay!!! Gooooooooooooooooo MICHAEL!!!! 8-)  You deserve it love, we are all behind you Mike. <3
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What most people need to learn in life is how to love people & use things instead of using people & loving things."
"Some see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not." -George Bernard Shaw

MJonmind

Thanks Voiceforthesilent, yes, I'll keep playing MJ's music. I think he's tired of my going on about MJ for over a year now, and wants to prove me wrong. :lol: But I've planted seeds and when MJ bams... 8-)

Here's two places that confirm MJ sold 3 million.
Michael Jackson’s “Michael” sells 3 million in first week!

Even though it didn’t manage to land on the number one spot on the Billboard 200, it still managed to get record sales worldwide. The only chart it landed at the top spot on is Denmark‘s (that we know of), but, nonetheless, it’s a hit. We are still hesitant about getting it because we believe that he wouldn’t have permitted some of these tracks to see the light of day had he been alive. But, at this point anything from our beloved Michael Jackson is treasured.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

'Michael' Jackson Album Ships 3 Million Globally in First Week (I'm guessing means shipped to personal purchase orders?) Posted Dec 22nd 2010 11:45AM by Charley Rogulewski Comments
  • Print

Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream
Epic
A year and a half after his tragic death, Michael Jackson proves he's immortal. The King of Pop lived up to his name this week when his posthumous album 'Michael' became the No.1 selling album globally. In the U.S. the album sold 228,000 albums, (pretty pitiful...) and came in third on the Billboard 200, behind Taylor Swift's 'Speak Now' and Susan Boyle's 'The Gift.'

Sony says they shipped three million copies of the album, which has gone on to reach platinum status, based on shipment numbers, in the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Russia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Canada, Korea and the Middle East in its first week. (What about South America, Africa, Austrailia, Asia and other missing countries??)  Platinum certification varies in countries by sales and shipments.

Featuring guest spots from 50 Cent, Akon and Lenny Kravitz, the 10-track album has done well even though it was shunned by many of Michael's former collaborators. Quincy Jones, who produced many of Jackson's albums like 'Bad,' 'Thriller,' and 'Off the Wall,' said he believed Jackson would not have approved the album's released if he were still live. Will.i.am and Ne-Yo also renounced the decision of Sony and Jackson's estate to release the album. (Just think if their disapproval wasn't there "Michael" would maybe have sold double :( ., but I trust MJ's in control :) )
The 2010 holiday shopping season has been raining Michael Jackson with new releases from the dead pop star being hurled at consumers across various platforms. Ubisoft released the dance video game 'Michael Jackson: The Experience,' while Sony amassed an encyclopedia of Jackson's music videos for the 3-disc DVD 'Michael Jackson's Vision.'
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

liegi

My students LOVE Michael Jackson. I teach in Italy and several of my students (ages 10-17) have told me he is their favorite singer!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

Quote from: "BeTheChange"
Thanks for continuously adding more beauty to my life on a daily basis...

So true. Thank you Michael.
Let's do the same - add more beauty to other people's life.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal