Re: Shocking Discovery in "MICHAEL" Booklet
January 14, 2011, 07:49:30 AM
Michael Durham Prince is a member of the US rock band Legs Diamond that formed in the mid 1970's, he plays keyboards and rhythm guitar, but is not a vocalist. The band still play occasionally and are due to release a new album sometime in the not too distant future. He is a studio recording engineer and has worked with artists including Beyonce, Usher and Chris Brown, as well as Michael Jackson.

I don't see how people have made such a mountain of this subject, the booklet clearly states that the album contains 9 previously unreleased vocal tracks performed by Michael Jackson. You'll notice the only time MJ's name is listed inside the booklet as 'vocals/backing vocals by' is when there is more than one person singing either lead or backing vocals, such as the track that has James Porte as a vocalist with Michael, or Lenny Kravitz is a backing vocalist. This is to show that Michael was working on his vocal, be it backing or lead, in collaboration with someone else, as they obviously wouldn't just be able to put "Vocals; James Porte" as that would not be correct, considering it is MJ singing, but with James. Michael Durham Prince is simply the vocal recordist on the tracks that he is listed on and they need to put his job to distinguish from other jobs that you can have in a recording studio. His specaility for the tracks was just to make sure that Michael's vocals were recorded properly and that was his job, he was obviously not involved in other parts of the recording or engineering of the tracks or he would have been listed as such.

To clear this up further, check some of your other CD album booklets, not necissarily ones by MJ and look at what it says about recording and engineering. I have a CD by say Peter Gabriel and it says, recorded by and then a bunch of names of people I've never heard of. It doesn't mean they played all the instruments and sang on it, they are the studio technicians who recorded the instruments and Peter's vocals. All the band members are listed individually with the instruments they play. And even in some instances this may not be the case, but it is still obvious that it is.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=85]Lift Your Head Up High and Scream Out To The World
I Know I Am Someone and Let The Truth Unfurl
No One Can Hurt You Now because You Know What\'s True
Yes, I Believe In Me, So You Believe In You[/size]

Re: Shocking Discovery in "MICHAEL" Booklet
January 14, 2011, 08:21:51 AM
He may not have wanted to take credit for it. He did that with the Sonic the Hedgehog video game.  :lol:

"According to STI director Roger Hector, Michael Jackson was brought in initially during development to compose music for the game, but no mention of his involvement was included. This was supposedly due to the scandals that arose around Jackson at the time, his involvement was removed from the title, and much reworking had to be done.[12] These claims are dubious, however, and various interviews have made it clear that any involvement Jackson may have had was done without the knowledge of Sega's executives or marketing staff, and no contracts or formal agreements had ever been made.[13] James Hansen, of Sonic Stuff Research Group, retorts that Cirocco (credited as "Scirocco" in Sonic 3) still has possession of presumably a demo version of fabled soundtrack. "I actually have "ALL" of the tracks...," he writes, "from the original humming of Michael calling in the middle of the night leaving messages, to his ideas at Record One with Matt and Bruce. - BUT, I don't think I can let any of that out to the public without permission." [13] In December 2009, Michael Jackson's composer, Brad Buxer, told French magazine Black & White that Jackson was actually involved with some of Sonic 3's compositions, supposedly not being credited because he wasn't happy with how they sounded, due to the lack of optimal sound reproduction on the Genesis. Buxer also claimed that the ending music of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 later became the basis for Jackson's single Stranger in Moscow.[1]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Right Away Won\'t You Baby Tendoroni You\'ve Got To Be Spark My Nature Sugar Fly With Me

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal