MJ's New Album Zooms to Number… Five?
December 14, 2010, 11:58:59 PM
I loved this article - especially the last two paragraphs. I read on Twitter that Michael is now platinum in 10 countries - WOW!!!! I believe you have to sell a million copies in order to be platinum. Awesome news!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

By: Roger Friedman in Uncategorized // December 14th, 2010 at 12:01 PM UTC
MICHAEL COVER

Michael Jackson’s new “Michael” album was officially released today. It immediately zoomed up the charts to number…five.

Wow: checking out the amazon and ITunes charts this morning, “Michael” is in the fifth place on both lists. On amazon he’s being held back by Taylor Swift, Glee, Susan Boyle, and today’s low priced Mariah Carey special.

Over on ITunes, Jackson is stymied also by Glee, as well as by R. Kelly, Mumford and Sons, and the “Tron” soundtrack.

What gives? Last night at Roseland, Jackson fans turned out in droves for an album launch party, Entry was free. Upstairs in a private section, Jackson executor John Branca, manager Frank DiLeo, execs from Sony, writer-producer Eddie Cascio, brother Frank and their dad, plus Akon all partied–glad that “Michael” is finally out.

But now the trick is to overcome the weird, incorrect impression that vocals on the album aren’t Michael’s. They are. And to get a hit single going. After the Akon track, “Hold My Hand,” expect to hear “Monster” with 50 Cent hit the airwaves.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

bec

Re: MJ's New Album Zooms to Number… Five?
December 15, 2010, 12:37:16 AM
Omg...

:lol:  :lol:

Monster is the next single.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

December 15, 2010, 12:39:23 AM
Wow! That's really awesome news! I just got my album like 9 hours ago and I'm still listening to it. I love it!

This is just the first few days of release so I think that the album is doing quite well. I'm sure that it will chart higher in the next few days.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

December 15, 2010, 01:10:24 AM
I don't get why those are the favored first four :? , but anyway I looked up Susan Boyle to see what's been happening lately with her, and she's been on LKL and Oprah. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And it's Pierce Morgan who will replace Larry King. Seems to me like the whole kit and kaboodle are related to MJ.
Hopefully the world will wake-up to the incredible experience of 'Michael' soon!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 15, 2010, 01:59:19 AM
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
I loved this article - especially the last two paragraphs. I read on Twitter that Michael is now platinum in 10 countries - WOW!!!! I believe you have to sell a million copies in order to be platinum. Awesome news!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

By: Roger Friedman in Uncategorized // December 14th, 2010 at 12:01 PM UTC
MICHAEL COVER

Michael Jackson’s new “Michael” album was officially released today. It immediately zoomed up the charts to number…five.

Wow: checking out the amazon and ITunes charts this morning, “Michael” is in the fifth place on both lists. On amazon he’s being held back by Taylor Swift, Glee, Susan Boyle, and today’s low priced Mariah Carey special.

Over on ITunes, Jackson is stymied also by Glee, as well as by R. Kelly, Mumford and Sons, and the “Tron” soundtrack.

What gives? Last night at Roseland, Jackson fans turned out in droves for an album launch party, Entry was free. Upstairs in a private section, Jackson executor John Branca, manager Frank DiLeo, execs from Sony, writer-producer Eddie Cascio, brother Frank and their dad, plus Akon all partied–glad that “Michael” is finally out.

But now the trick is to overcome the weird, incorrect impression that vocals on the album aren’t Michael’s. They are. And to get a hit single going. After the Akon track, “Hold My Hand,” expect to hear “Monster” with 50 Cent hit the airwaves.

Haha! Cant wait for the release of Monster! Awesome news. Hopefully the boycott of the album by some fans won't have a massive impact on the sales numbers. It's a take-over!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 15, 2010, 10:35:03 PM
Woo hoo!  You go Michael!!

When I am driving the last days I keep switching from listening to MICHAEL and checking to see if any of the pop/urban/rap stations are playing any of the tracks.  Only thing I heard so far was Human Nature, which is interesting in and of itself.  I am hoping the stations will start playing songs like Monster, Hold My Hand, Behind the Mask, Hollywood, Best of Joy, Much Too Soon, (I Like) The Way You Love Me, Breaking News, Another Day, or Keep Your Head Up.  But, hearing Human Nature on the radio is pretty cool too!  :)  :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 15, 2010, 10:41:57 PM
Quote from: "Liberian Girl Heehee"
Woo hoo!  You go Michael!!

When I am driving the last days I keep switching from listening to MICHAEL and checking to see if any of the pop/urban/rap stations are playing any of the tracks.  Only thing I heard so far was Human Nature, which is interesting in and of itself.  I am hoping the stations will start playing songs like Monster, Hold My Hand, Behind the Mask, Hollywood, Best of Joy, Much Too Soon, (I Like) The Way You Love Me, Breaking News, Another Day, or Keep Your Head Up.  But, hearing Human Nature on the radio is pretty cool too!  :)  :P

I agree - I love the whole album. It's been playing non-stop since I got it. I don't know if I have a favorite yet. They are all really good.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal