Just found this:

Riley admits 'enhancing' Jackson's voice
Tuesday, December 14 2010, 13:44 GMT
By Tom Ayres, Comics ReporterTweet this Digg this Send to friend More options
Teddy RileyMichael JacksonMusicProducer Teddy Riley has admitted he had to digitally enhance Michael Jackson's voice on certain parts of the iconic singer's new album Michael.

Riley admitted that Jackson's pitch had been adjusted on a number of tracks, which had resulted in fans questioning whether it was actually Jackson singing on the album.

"I had to do more processing on the voice, which is why people were asking about the authenticity of his voice," The Hollywood Reporter quotes Riley as saying. "We had to do what we had to do to make [...] his voice work with the actual music."

"We truly apologise for that happening, but you are still hearing the true Michael Jackson," the producer added.

Riley was recently forced to defend the release of Michael Jackson's first posthumous album after Thriller producer Quincy Jones slammed the decision to release unfinished work by the late singer.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I have a feeling it was a combination of over-production as well as Mike purposely manipulating his voice. I don't think Teddy would do THAT much editing to his voice, out of respect, but he Michael told him to then that's another story and the only one that makes sense to me at this point.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
I have a feeling it was a combination of over-production as well as Mike purposely manipulating his voice. I don't think Teddy would do THAT much editing to his voice, out of respect, but he Michael told him to then that's another story and the only one that makes sense to me at this point.

You may be right. I am thinking it also fits with the numerology with SEVEN songs sounding like him and that's it. And there was a rumored album called SEVEN, I think, around 2005. I was also thinking that it would make sense for Teddy Riley to be the one to alter the three songs that are questionable, per Michael's request since Riley and him may be the closest out of the other producers that worked on the album.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

Quote from: "looking4truth"
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"

You may be right. I am thinking it also fits with the numerology with SEVEN songs sounding like him and that's it. And there was a rumored album called SEVEN, I think, around 2005. I was also thinking that it would make sense for Teddy Riley to be the one to alter the three songs that are questionable, per Michael's request since Riley and him may be the closest out of the other producers that worked on the album.

Yes, DEFINITELY. The Seven thing is something I noticed immediately. And I think Teddy is trustworthy. There's a chance he's working for Sony and their evil plot or whatever, but I don't find that to be realistic. If I had a chance to work with MJ, even once, he would have my full loyalty. As a singer and a human being, I don't think any amount of money could change that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

Nope, sorry Teddy.

Three of the tracks on the album are Jason Malachi. The clue is in the vibrato.
Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:21:06 AM by Makazradon
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I\'m a MJ fan and conspiracy buff who thinks there might actually be something to the hoax... but I am not obsessed with him nor am I some type of homosexual stalker. lol

I would think Teddy would have had to manipulate Michael's voice in some way.  It is my understanding that these songs were done, but not done to the point of being able to be released for an album.  So manipulating the voice would have had to be done in some parts at least.  In this particular case, I think it was manipulated perfectly.....how Michael wanted it.  Case in point:  I just bought Viva Elvis The Album CD from the Cirque Du Soleil Elvis show.  It is awesome, BTW!  However, you can totally hear voice manipulation for Elvis' voice.  The songs are mixed, re-mixed and mixed again.  The end result is great....not totally Elvis sounding at times, but great.  They would have had to manipulate his voice for this CD to get the right sound they were going for.  Even if Elvis is alive, he wouldn't have sung these songs this way, I believe.
So for me, it's no stretch of the imagination to think that Michael's voice was manipulated to the exact point in order to achieved the sound desired sound.......something that sort of sounds like Michael, then again doesn't sound like Michael.  Whether it was done on purpose for the particular song fit or done to create controversy, doesn't matter to me.  If they had to, "fill in" voice work, doesn't matter....I like the end result.  I tend to listen to music for what it is: music.  If Teddy says he had to manipulate Michael's voice...ok, that's to be expected....Michael's supposedly dead.  
Anyways, I hope the new Michael CD outsells everything and breaks records left and right.  Like I said to one member here, I am hoping for Michael under the Christmas tree this year  :lol:
Blessings to you all!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you know Teddy Riley's producing style, called "New Jack Swing", which including voice arranging kinda like what T-Pain does...

If you don't know what I'm talking about look up these songs: RumpShaker, anything by GUY, Blackstreet, and certain songs by artists uh, too long list right now  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The only way to stop people saying its not Michael is for them to release the demo's before they started messing with it, bet the 3 tracks will never be leaked in there unchanged state but this would be the best thing to do all round.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This discussion "if this is Michael or is not Michael" will not ever end. Even though Michael himself returns and says that always was he, people will have doubt.
What is happening to my ears?? Because I hear the voice of Michael on every song on the album and also on "All I need". You can not confuse this with any other voice.
Of course it has chorus, it is clear that the chorus can be the voice of others. Michael was adopting this style since 2001. I cite several songs: One More Chance, Heaven Can Wait, Speechless, On the line ....!
Breaking news may contain some productions, but what's the problem of making an enhancement to highlight the "Jackson" since that is the focus of the song?
But no use me trying to convince anyone, nor is anyone here able to convince me. In all the songs Michael has presented us with his voice, his emotion and passion ... if he comes back and say that he was not... okay, then I have to believe, but until then .... I follow my ears, because I think they are still in good condition and practical apuradíssimos recognize the voice of Michael. I hear Michael 100% throughout the album (amazing album).
Jason Malachi has not so much vocal power, folks!
Just one question: whether the family had not launched this doubt, this discussion would exist here??
Sorry ... is my opinion and do not want to annoy anyone, ok?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Tell the angels no... Heaven can wait"!

Changing pitch doesn't change the pronunciation, vibrato, and over all voice/ style of a singer.
Give it up Teddy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

I don't know what the issue is.
First of all, we WERE given the demo leaks and we HEARD that the versions changed depending on the day of leakage. There was no hiding at all.
Second, Michael has been stirring up controversy again - and that is NOTHING new, isn't it?
Third, Teddy had to adjust to the "outer" ears. This represents professional execution of his job.
"Michael" has become a great album due to dedication.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

paula-c

AnaMarcia wrote:

This discussion "if this is Michael or is not Michael" will not ever end. Even though Michael himself returns and says that always was he, people will have doubt.
What is happening to my ears?? Because I hear the voice of Michael on every song on the album and also on "All I need". You can not confuse this with any other voice.
Of course it has chorus, it is clear that the chorus can be the voice of others. Michael was adopting this style since 2001. I cite several songs: One More Chance, Heaven Can Wait, Speechless, On the line ....!
Breaking news may contain some productions, but what's the problem of making an enhancement to highlight the "Jackson" since that is the focus of the song?
But no use me trying to convince anyone, nor is anyone here able to convince me. In all the songs Michael has presented us with his voice, his emotion and passion ... if he comes back and say that he was not... okay, then I have to believe, but until then .... I follow my ears, because I think they are still in good condition and practical apuradíssimos recognize the voice of Michael. I hear Michael 100% throughout the album (amazing album).
Jason Malachi has not so much vocal power, folks!
Just one question: whether the family had not launched this doubt, this discussion would exist here??
Sorry ... is my opinion and do not want to annoy anyone, ok?

It is true we could spend a year discussing this and never come to an agreement.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I read an article saying that the new album Michael lacked power and was watered down.  So this morning I was a little nervous about what I was going to hear when I popped the album into my cd player.  After 5 songs I realized something.  That dumbass article was wrong.  Wow, after the first 5 songs I went back and played them over again because they were so good.  For all of the people saying it isn't Michael on 3 of the tracks, you are wrong.  Seriously.  It is completely him.  Maybe I can tell more because I didn't listen to him much growing up like I do now.  I had the opportunity of listening to all of his albums almost all at the same time.  After his "death" I bought his stuff and realized what I had been missing for years.  I noticed all of the differences in his voice from Off The Wall to Invincible and maybe it was easier for me to tell these differences because I had not been raised on years of Thriller and Bad.  I think people who listened to all of his 80s and 90s music are a little biased because they want to hear Billie Jean and Beat It, but instead Michael is introducing his new up to date style and I really think people are afraid to admit that his music is changing.
After hearing all of the songs I can say with 100% certainty that Michael is the only Michael singing on this album along with other backups and such.  Also, this album proves to me that he is alive.  Look at (I Like) The Way You Love Me on Michael.  They play an original part of his demo to make it sound like the song is unfinished and then pow out of nowhere you hear Michael singing the lyrics and it doesn't sound anything like a demo.  It sounds like he had just got done recording this song that's how fresh it sounds.  I couldn't believe it.  None of these songs are "unfinished" or anything. All of the music in every song is finished and incredibly well done.  This album is a masterpiece.  anybody with ears can notice that.  Don't let the media persuade you. They are playing with us.  He will be coming out with another album, I can assure you.  Michael lives out of the spotlight now, while remaining in his own personal hidden spotlight while we enjoy his new songs like this.  It's a perfect strategy.  He knows exactly what he is doing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sorry, but it seems like you guys don't know his voice as well as you think you do.

If you're not convinced by that, you are obviously deaf. The difference in the vibrato is just so obvious. MJ's is natural, and Malachi's is so forced. Just like in the three songs.

You guys are right; Malachi can't replicate the same skill and talent as MJ. Which I why I maintain that Breaking News, Monster and Keep Your Head Up aren't up to par in vocals as the rest of the album.

I listen to Monster and I simply can't imagine those vocals coming out of Michael. I picture Malachi whenever I hear it. But when I listen to Hollywood Tonight or Behind the Mask, it's instantly obvious that it's the real deal and I can easily imagine Michael singing.

Quote from: "mikestanek1"
I think people who listened to all of his 80s and 90s music are a little biased because they want to hear Billie Jean and Beat It, but instead Michael is introducing his new up to date style and I really think people are afraid to admit that his music is changing.[/i]

Sorry, but this doesn't hold up. I listen to everything from the Jackson 5 up to Invincible and even the song he recorded in '03, One More Chance. My opinion remains static. Don't forget, Hold My Hand was recorded in '07 and he sounds just as he should. It's obviously him there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I\'m a MJ fan and conspiracy buff who thinks there might actually be something to the hoax... but I am not obsessed with him nor am I some type of homosexual stalker. lol

Didn't prove anything actually.  I saw some comments about why the album is called Michael and not named after one of the songs instead like his albums usually are.  My theory is because they created the controversy on purpose and I think we are supposed to take the album title as saying "yes, this is really Michael".  I'm sorry, I respect attempts to try to persuade people that it isn't MJ on those 3 songs, but it is him.  You're basing your facts off of what the media is saying, like when the songs were recorded and such, and that just isn't reliable.  Show me Jason Malachi, whose name bears a striking resemblance to Jackson Michael, in person and I might be willing to listen to these opinions.  Otherwise nothing on youtube can persuade me.  Keep in mind Mike is over 50 now, his voice is good but age does change things.  Also, his voice sounds like this is This Is It as well at times.  I think it is unfair to say it isn't him.  Exactly what I would expect from the media and of others though pertaining to Michael Jackson.  Always have to spread these rumors to ruin things.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions