~Souza~

Re: Enjoying MICHAEL!
December 16, 2010, 03:44:20 PM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
First, I want to say that I thought those particular songs might not be Michael at first...but after getting the album I can say with 100% certainty it is ALL him. I think it's just some new sounds, as well as promoting some necessary controversy. Wanted to share here what I posted on another thread (in response to an article that gave the album bad reviews):

I think there are some very DIFFERENT sounds on this album - but different doesn't equal bad. I think sometimes people are so scared of change, that they just don't give things a chance. Especially when it comes to Michael Jackson - these are new songs, new sounds for him. But are they really new to him? I doubt it. I'm sure he's always enjoyed making many different kinds of music that maybe nobody will ever hear. But anyway, these songs are truly good. I can see how one may not prefer the production style, but I really think that's how Michael wanted it to sound. He's trying to give us something we've never seen before. He's trying to shake us up a bit and get us ready to embrace CHANGE.

This album is a masterpiece. There's a song for everyone on it - me, my 13 year old sister, my grandma - you name it. There's something for everyone, and probably something you'll like that you wouldn't think you'd like. And the LYRICS...don't get me started. Do you know how sick and tired I am of turning on the radio only to hear the words "sex" "bitch" "drunk" "club" over and over again? And what's sad is that many songs of today not only lack substance lyrically, but musically as well. So that makes it just a blob of a song - a pointless waste of energy. But Michael's new album, as well as all his music, contains lyrics with substance AND music with substance. That is what makes Michael great, the album and the man.

100% agreed!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

navibl

December 16, 2010, 09:01:00 PM
Quote from: "Liberian Girl Heehee"
I received my copy of the MICHAEL cd tonight in the mail.  I have to tell you all...it is wonderful.  :P  :P  I heard the leak songs and although hearing them got me intrigued and excited, they are nothing compared to listening to them one after another on the cd, multiple times, is like.  And I have to say...it is all Michael, as far as I am concerned.  OK, so he is sharing the stage on Breaking News and I know that is highly unusual in and of itself.  But, the beat is catchy and the words are as what are described in the booklet, "Michael's life under a microscope....Michael's personal story."  I don't know if Michael is behind its production, but it sure feels like it.  8-)  8-)

No wonder the album is #1 in 8 countries.  Michael....cool move, great album! :D  8-)

Indeed "Michael" is ALL Michael"  The 3 songs in question where altered at Michael's request!  Listen to Teddy Riley, Michael gave Teddy notes on how he wanted these songs presented.  Michael planed for this album to come out when it did and Michael did a change up on the way he sang and had Teddy work his magic as well.  The reason?  Michael has very extremely important messages for us in those songs.  He wanted people to listen to them over and over, so that you would hear what he is trying to say to us.  Anyone who doesn't believe Michael Joe Jackson is capable of sounding like anyone that could duplicate him, is fooling themselves and really missing out on the purpose of the Album.  This Album is a wake up call, so PLEASE pay attention to the message...ESPECIALLY in these 3 controversial songs

I love you all and God Bless you.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2 Bad

December 16, 2010, 09:33:09 PM
Quote from: "navibl"

Indeed "Michael" is ALL Michael"  The 3 songs in question where altered at Michael's request!  Listen to Teddy Riley, Michael gave Teddy notes on how he wanted these songs presented.  Michael planed for this album to come out when it did and Michael did a change up on the way he sang and had Teddy work his magic as well.  The reason?  Michael has very extremely important messages for us in those songs.  He wanted people to listen to them over and over, so that you would hear what he is trying to say to us.  Anyone who doesn't believe Michael Joe Jackson is capable of sounding like anyone that could duplicate him, is fooling themselves and really missing out on the purpose of the Album.  This Album is a wake up call, so PLEASE pay attention to the message...ESPECIALLY in these 3 controversial songs

I've tried to stay away from all the negativity about this CD. So I am confused about which 3 songs. Is it the 3 Cascio songs?  Monster-Keep Your Head Up- Breaking news?

I really like all 3 and I find it hard to think that they are not as Michael wants them.
 :lol:  I love shrieking right along to Monster!!
Wake up call indeed! The lyrics are there, Michaels voice is there, the message is there!
Haven't studied them yet but by God they are amazing! I grow weary of those that want the old Michael of Thriller etc...nobody has a right to grow? Those that won't buy it are missing out on so much life and love. Perhaps they never noticed the differences in Dangerous and on to Invincible?
I hope it continues to climb!
I love you all too   ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

navibl

December 16, 2010, 11:29:20 PM
Quote from: "2 Bad"
Quote from: "navibl"

I've tried to stay away from all the negativity about this CD. So I am confused about which 3 songs. Is it the 3 Cascio songs?  Monster-Keep Your Head Up- Breaking news?

I really like all 3 and I find it hard to think that they are not as Michael wants them.
 :lol:  I love shrieking right along to Monster!!
Wake up call indeed! The lyrics are there, Michaels voice is there, the message is there!
Haven't studied them yet but by God they are amazing! I grow weary of those that want the old Michael of Thriller etc...nobody has a right to grow? Those that won't buy it are missing out on so much life and love. Perhaps they never noticed the differences in Dangerous and on to Invincible?
I hope it continues to climb!
I love you all too   ;)

Yes indeed those are the ones.  Not Jason Malachi....Jason said so himself.  Like Michael said, "They misunderstand me, it's cause they don't really know me AT ALL!   Michael has grown so much over the years, in so many areas of his life.  If one compares "What More Can I Give" to "2000 Watts"  You can definately hear the vast vocal range.  The acapela of 2000 Watts shows the strong vibrato that he has going on in the new songs!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

December 17, 2010, 03:20:48 AM
Quote from: "everlastinglove_MJ"
Quote from: "2 Bad"
I wondered if anybody else that gets the yahoo news alerts on MJ are seeing these headlines "Lacko Jacko" and others that make my blood boil? I am also wondering if you folks are sending comments to the fact that they are wrong and unfairly judging this CD. Ugh again.
Why do these jerks think they can just think for others on this? WE the fans are the ones it is for, we are the ones that decide if we like it or not. They need to shut the hell up.
I am going to start defending my right to make up my own damn mind on this.
Am I wrong to think that we should jump down their throats for their continued disrespect?
Of course done with class and grace  :lol:

Don't let your blood boil, it's not worth it. It will never change, especially when an album is great, has a lot of attention and sells good, there're always people who cannot stand this and start to react brainless, I believe it's called jealousy :lol:
If Michael loves controversy, then let the haters do their worst, MJ's invincible. Just about every place I go and there are stupid comments, I'm always happy to find lots of positive loving Michael comments that make them look stupider. I believe slowly the tide will change.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 17, 2010, 05:36:10 AM
I forgot to come back here! :lol:
Anyway, I LOVE ALL OF THE SONGS!!!!!!!!!!! I can't choose a favorite! :o
I'm listening to it right now, and so I'm going to write what I like about each song :D

1. Hold My Hand:
I love the whole song, it's so smooth but it's also something you can dance to! :D MJ sounds great, I just wish there was more MJ and less Akon. :o But the two sound great together! :)

2. Hollywood Tonight:
I love how Michael is beatboxing throughout the entire song. Is there any thing this man is bad at? :lol: I love the chorus to this song too, and overall it's just a nice beat!

3. Keep Your Head Up*
I heard this song back when it was leaked & I loved it! I love the message and it's a great song!

4. (I Like) The Way You Love Me
I love the beginning of this song, I can't tell if Michael's on a tape recorder or a phone, but it shows how he made his music! Just like he said, he would randomly think of a song, and he'd know how he wanted the instruments to sound, the rhythm that he wanted them to play. And the song is beautiful. "I was alone in the dark when i met chaaa. Oooooooooo ooooo" I just love this one :D

5. Monster*
I love this song! It's so upbeat and catchy. It reminds me of "Threatened"
(is that Michael saying "HA!" it sounds like him, :D)

6. Best of Joy
This is such a beautiful song! It's so smooth and Michael's vocals are just sooo gorgeous, especially in this song. "I am foreverrrrr! We are foreverrrr!"  I love it. :)

7. Breaking News*
This was another one I heard back when it was released :D and I loved it! I love the violins in the beginning and it's a great song. :D

8. (I Can't Make It) Another Day
Ahhh ! I love this song! It's so POWERFUL! I love how Michael sings the chorus, the same way he sang the end of Earth Song. I don't know, I love when he "yell-sings" :twisted:

9. Behind the Mask
I love this song! Another one with Michael beatboxing! :D  
(Isn't that the crowd from the Dangerous Tour: Live at Bucharest? 8-))

10. Much Too Soon
This song is so beautiful, I like to listen to it with my eyes closed because it's like Speechless, just Michael's voice accompanied by a few classical instruments. It's short and sweet. It sounds sad though. :(

*These were 3 that "don't sound like Michael" I used to think it was Jason Malachi singing, but now that I see others' well-thought out opinions, I too think that Michael intentionally manipulated his voice. ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

December 17, 2010, 02:57:23 PM
Before listening myself I read some critics about Michael's album, they said nothing was good at all about the album.

I find that total nonsense after listening for myself! What a great album it is! I didn't expect it to be this good. Some people like these reviewers only want to hear old mega hits like Thriller again in a new song and don't accept his music to change.

I choose not to spoil the joy of listening to this album with the theories like jason malachi or other Michael's singing.  I think others would be doing good to do the same.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 18, 2010, 10:51:44 AM
Quote from: "Bird lover"
Before listening myself I read some critics about Michael's album, they said nothing was good at all about the album.

I find that total nonsense after listening for myself! What a great album it is! I didn't expect it to be this good. Some people like these reviewers only want to hear old mega hits like Thriller again in a new song and don't accept his music to change.

I choose not to spoil the joy of listening to this album with the theories like jason malachi or other Michael's singing.  I think others would be doing good to do the same.

Exactly! OMG I love every song, I can't even choose a favorite. I think it might be "(I Can't Make It) Another Day" though, because I love how powerfully Michael sings the chorus. I don't know what album those critics are listening to, but I LOVE "Michael"!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

2 Bad

December 18, 2010, 11:33:38 AM
I agree! I am totally enjoying Michael!

I read some of the reviews on Amazon, some are so wrong! Maybe we should all put our "Love it!" praises in and drown out the negative?
I am going there right now to put in 5 star praise!

I see it is $6.99 USD right now on Amazon! I have 2 CD's already but hmmm.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 18, 2010, 12:15:15 PM
I am enjoying Michael, however, it seems to be lacking something. I dunno :?  In my opinion, it doesn't have the same bravado as previous Michael undertakings.  Something.  Perhaps it's just too short.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

December 18, 2010, 01:32:51 PM
The more I listen... the more it grows on me.  It's growing by the minute. 8-)  Still wish there was more.

The last line being "well I guess I learned my lesson much too soon" just feels empty like life  interrupted. :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

December 24, 2010, 08:18:54 PM
I JUST OPENED IT!!!!!! AHHHHHHH I'M SO EXCITED TO LISTEN!!!

I will post my review in a moment, after I have thoroughly basked in all its glory  :D  :D  :D

I will say this about the cover picture though - I love it a lot. Looking at it is like a trip down memory lane :) It's like his whole life shown to us right here on paper <3 Beautiful.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

In My Heart; I Feel You Are All My Brothers...[/b]

December 24, 2010, 09:35:34 PM
Alright you guys, I have just listened to the entire album.
Wow...

First off, after re-reading all your posts now having listened to it I want to say Jacilovesmichael I COMPLETELY love and agree with what you said above!!!

This album is a masterpiece, and the haters are pshhh  :roll:  the same old haters that are always dissin on MJ. We know they're just hating because thats their job. This music, in my opinion, is just as beautiful as anything he has created.
At first I was THIS close to skipping over "The Way You Love Me" because I thought ehh I've heard it before I wanna hear the new stuff, but then it started and MJs voice was talking and I was like  :shock:  ooh I'm all ears. Then I listened, I think it sounds so much better!!! Just all the little things he added in there really make a difference. Personally, I love hearing one version of a song and then later hearing the "completed" version, or how MJ really intended. I hope he does it with more songs in future albums.
Now I loved all these songs, but I have to say the one that stuck out to me, although it was short, was Much Too Soon. A really interesting way to close the album. I just thought it was soooooo beautiful. The melody is so pure, and MJs voice is just heavenly like always. This song really touched my heart.

NOW for those 3 songs. I can see why people would think it is not MJ. That is, people who are not investigators like us, or die-hard fans that are non-believers, etc. You have to look at it from a certain perspective that some people just aren't ready for yet. I think it sounds different, but not in the same way 2000 watts is different. But whether its MJ or not, it doesnt really matter because, being a 'believer' I know that MJ had 100% control over the presentation of this album and whatever we are hearing is what he wants us to hear. And there are multiple reasons for all the decisions he made. Did he change the voices just because he wants to try something new or is it specifically to cause controversy, knowing that certain people would not want to buy the album because of it. What I wanna know is why certain songs have little bits of info at the top and others don't.

But all in all it's a beautiful amazing album. I knew I would love it and I absolutely love everything about these songs  :D FABULOUS WORK MICHAEL!!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

In My Heart; I Feel You Are All My Brothers...[/b]

2 Bad

December 24, 2010, 10:30:48 PM
Quote from: "missdanipyt"
I JUST OPENED IT!!!!!! AHHHHHHH I'M SO EXCITED TO LISTEN!!!

I will post my review in a moment, after I have thoroughly basked in all its glory  :D  :D  :D

I will say this about the cover picture though - I love it a lot. Looking at it is like a trip down memory lane :) It's like his whole life shown to us right here on paper <3 Beautiful.

Just immerse yourself!!!! Enjoy!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

December 25, 2010, 12:55:40 AM
The more I listen to it the better I like it.

I still cannot do BN. I just can't. It's awful.

But I adore the Way You Love Me. Omg that song is pure happiness. I just smile and sing and dance with my dogs, they love it, I play that song and they jump up like hooray!! we dance!! Thanks Mr. Jackson.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions