DoTopic starter

Credits new 'Michael' album, not all Michael??
December 08, 2010, 04:41:02 AM
Guys, I just read the new blog of Bonnie Cox, it's about the credits for the 'Michael' album.
It's at least very interesting! I just post the link because it's a blog with several links in it, which I don't know how to copy  :oops: .

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

This is what is says:

I found on one of the Michael fan forums the leaking of the credits for the Album “Michael” by Sony.  I thought I would go over this with you because I find the omission of certain participants interesting.  I caution you that the source may not be reliable, but I was able to corroborate some of this as you will see below.

Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon)

Written by Aliaune Thiam, Giorgio Tuinfort, Claude Kelly / Published by Byefall Productions, Inc./Sony ATV Harmony (ASCAP), Piano Music/Sony ATV Tunes (BMI), Talpa Music Publishing (BUMA), Studio Beast Music/Warner Tamerlane Music Corp (BMI) / Produced by Akon for Upfront/Konvict, Giorgio Tuinfort for Piano Music / Co-Produced by Michael Jackson for MJJ Productions, Inc. / Akon appears courtesy of SRC/Universal Records, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc. / Recorded by Mark 'Exit' Goodchild for Milk Money Consulting at Palms Studio's Las Vegas, US, Solitaire Studio's Atlanta, US, Metropolis Studio's London, UK, Wisseloord Studio's Hilversum, Netherlands and FC Walvisch Studio's Amsterdam, Netherlands / Recording Assistants: Mack Woodward, Justin Pintar, Matt Paul, Miguel Scott, Kory Aaron, Eelco Bakker and Ryan Wiese / Orchestra Recorded by Wessel Oltheten / Orchestra Recording Assistant: Dennis Krijnen / Mixed by Serban Ghenea / String Arrangement: Franck van der Heijden / All Instruments and Programming: Akon and Giorgio Tuinfort

“Hold My Hand” is the first single on the “Michael” album that Sony exchanged after family members and those working with Michael declared that “Breaking News” was not Michael’s voice.  In looking at the “Duet with Akon” which I have heard and was released originally on Akon’s album and released as a single for Michael in 2007 (could not find confirming source for date of single as of this writing).  The song was written by neither Michael nor Akon and was published by Byefall Productions, Inc and Sony ATV Harmony.  This listing does not credit vocals at all, only recording assistants.

I am also learning that as different parts of songs are produced in different studios at different times, what looks like a collaboration may not be, as you will see below.

Hollywood Tonight

Written by Michael Jackson, Brad Buxer / Spoken Bridge Written by Teddy Riley / Published by Mijac Music, Adida Music Inc. / Produced by Teddy Riley, Michael Jackson / Co-Produced by Theron “Neff-U” Feemster / Mixed by Jean-Marie Horvat, Teddy Riley, Scott Elgin / Programming and Finisher: Teddy Riley / Vocals Recorded by Michael Durham Prince and Mischke / Additional Background Vocals: Mischke / Spoken Bridge by Taryll Jackson / Whistling: Danny Ray McDonald, Jr., Michael Durham Prince / Engineered by Scott Elgin, James Murray, Michael Durham Prince, Jon Nettlesbey / Assistant Engineer: Quentinn Gilkey / Keyboard: Theron “Neff-U” Feemster, Edward Brown / Guitar: Erick Donell Walls, Eric Jackson / Horns: The Regiment

Hollywood Tonight writer is credited to Michael Jackson and the spoken bridge by Teddy Riley.  Here is where the “collaboration” appears.  The producers are listed as Teddy Riley and Michael Jackson, but Michael Jackson did not put this album together obviously.  Michael’s production happened obviously before June 25, 2009.  Teddy Riley’s production work happened later, while sprucing this up for the album.  Notice the vocals on this . . . Michael Durham Prince and Mischke. Background vocals are Mischke.  Where is Michael?  Whistling credits by Danny Ray McDonald and Michael Durham Prince.  No credits for Michael vocals.  Cascios appear nowhere in the credits for this song.

Keep Your Head Up

Written by Michael Jackson, Eddie Cascio, James Porte / Published by
Mijac Music, Jab Me Music / Produced by C “Tricky” Stewart for Red Zone Entertainment, Inc., Angelikson, Michael Jackson for MJJ Productions, Inc. / Mixed by Jaycen Joshua for the Penua Project / Mix Assisted by Jesus Garnica / Background Vocals: Michael Jackson, James Porte / Additional Backing Vocals: Duawne Starling / Engineered by Brian “B-Luv” Thomas, Andrew Wuepper / Engineering Assisted by Jason Sherwood, Steven Dennis, Travis Harrington Stuart Brawley, Joe Corcoran, Drew Harris / Musicians: Jamie Wollam, Rudy Bird, Sean Hurley, Stuart Brawley, Joe Corcoran, Eddie Cascio, James Porte, Lamont “Monty” Neuble, Cameron Stone, Nicole Garcia / Drum Programming: Joe Corcoran and James Porte

Finally, we see Eddie Cascio on the third track on this album/CD.  Mijack is publisher for this and the previous song and produced by C “Tricky for Red Zone Entertainment (whoever they are). AND Michael for MJJ Productions.  No credit for recording vocals, Michael is listed as background vocals along with James Porte and Duawne Starling for additional backing vocals.  Eddie Cascio is listed as a musician on this but not Michael.  This could be one of the unfinished tracks that Michael’s nephew and family identified.

(I Like) The Way You Love Me

Written by Michael Jackson / Published by Mijac Music / Produced by Theron “Neff-U” Feemster, Michael Jackson / Mixed by Serban Ghenea / Engineer for Mix: John Hanes / Assisted by Tim Roberts / Vocals Recorded by Michael Durham Prince / Engineered by James Murray / Piano: William C. Champlin / Guitar: Erick Donell Walls / Bass: Thomas Drayton / Percussion: Paulinho da Costa / Keyboards and Drum Programming: Theron “Neff-U” Feemster

This song is written by Michael, published by Mijac and co-produced by Michael, however vocals are Michael Durham Prince.  Neither Michael nor Cascio appear nowhere else on this song.  The credits on this are scant, but no Michael listed for vocals at all except for Prince.  The credits possibly reveal not only an unfinished track, but one in which Michael never produced vocals for, only the music.

Monster (Featuring 50 Cent)

Written by Michael Jackson, Eddie Cascio, James Porte / Rap Lyrics Written by Curtis Jackson / Published by Mijac Music, Jab Me Music, Curtis Jackson 50 Cent Music Publishing (admin by Universal Music Publishing) (ASCAP) / Produced by Teddy Riley, Angelikson, Michael Jackson / Mixed by Jean-Marie Horvat, Teddy Riley / Programming and Finisher: Teddy Riley / Background Vocals: Michael Jackson, James Porte / Kids’ Scream: Nigel and Naiden Maynard / Recording Engineer: Scott Elgin, Khaliq Glover AKA Khaliq-O-Vision, Quenton Gilkey (Assistant Engineer), Luis Navarro, Zachariah Redding (Assistants Engineer on the Rap) (Recorded at Boom Boom Room), Stuart Brawley, Glen Marchese, Joe Corcoran, Drew Harris / Rap Performed by 50 Cent courtesy of Shady/Aftermath/Interscope Records / Musicians: Rudy Bird, Joe Corcoran, Eddie Cascio, Stuart Brawley, Cameron Stone, Sharon Jackson, Orianthi courtesy of Geffen Records

This song, vocals listed are background for Michael and James Porte.  Eddie Cascio is listed as well as Orianthi as musicians.  Did Orianthi know Michael before TII?  If we assume no, then we must also assume that Orianthi recorded her part of the track AFTER which means she had no problem coming in to do this for Sony.  Judging by the credits this looks like an unfinished track that Sony brought people in to “finish”.

Best Of Joy

Written by Michael Jackson / Published by Mijac Music / Produced by Theron “Neff-U” Feemster, Michael Jackson / Co-Produced by Brad Buxer / Mixed by Serban Ghenea / Engineer for Mix John Hanes / Assisted by Tim Roberts / Vocals Recorded by Michael Durham Prince and Mischke / Additional Background Vocals: Mischke / Engineered by James Murray / Guitar: Erick Donell Walls / All Other Instruments: Theron “Neff-U” Feemster

This is another unfinished track in which Vocals for Michael do not appear present.  Credits for Vocals listed are for Prince and Mischke only.  Michael is credited with writing and publishing through Mijac and co-producing with Neff-U, who probably finished production on an unfinished piece.

Breaking News

Written by Michael Jackson, Eddie Cascio, James Porte / Published by Mijac Music, Jab Me Music / Produced by Teddy Riley, Angelikson, Michael Jackson / Mixed by Jean-Marie Horvat, Teddy Riley / Programming and Finisher: Teddy Riley / Recording Engineer: Scott Elgin, Khaliq Glover AKA Khaliq-O-Vision, Stuart Brawley, Glen Marchese, Joe Corcoran, Drew Harris / Assistant Engineer: Quenton Gilkey / String Session Recording Engineer: Reggie Dozer / String Session Assistant Engineer: Brandon Datoli / Voiceover Engineers: Myron Chandler And Dave Hampton / String Session: The Benjamin Wright Orchestra / Arranged and Conducted By Benjamin Wright / Musicians: James Porte, Stuart Brawley, Eddie Cascio, Joe Corcoran / Voice Talents: Stuart Brawley, Sandy Orkin, Stacey Michaels, Michael Lefevre, Lisa Orkin / Voiceover Producer: Michael Lefevre

Ah!  The “controversial” song!  Let’s look at voice first . . . Musicians are listed as Porte, Brawley, Cascio and Corcoran.  Voice Talents are Brawley, Orkin, Michaels and Michael Lefevre and Orkin.  Voiceover Producer is Lefevre and voiceover engineers are Chandler and Hampton.  There IS NO Michael here.  None.  Michael wrote it with Cascio and Porte but he is nowhere in the talent on this song. Riley however, is producer, mixer and programming and finisher.  Michael . . . where for art thou, Michael?

Sony Stinks!

(I Can’t Make It) Another Day

(Featuring Lenny Kravitz)
Written by Lenny Kravitz / Published by Lenny Kravitz/Miss Bessie Music / Produced by Lenny Kravitz / Co-Pproduced by Michael Jackson / Mixed by Lenny Kravitz / Lead and Background Vocals: Michael Jackson / Background Vocals: Lenny Kravitz / Michael Jackson’s Vocals Recorded at Marvin’s Room by Henry Hirsch / Electric Guitar: Lenny Kravitz / Bass: Lenny Kravitz / Mini Moog: Lenny Kravitz / String and Horn samples: Lenny Kravitz / Timpani: Lenny Kravitz / Gong: Lenny Kravitz / 12-String Electric Guitar: Craig Ross / Drums: Dave Grohl / Drum Programming and Noise: Dave Barron and Lenny Kravitz / Synthesizer Programming: Dave Baron / Studio Technician and Additional Programming: Alex Alvarez

This song is more Kravitz than Michael.  Michael Co-produces, lead and background vocals.  Michael did not write it, Michael did not publish it, Michael had no rights to this song.  Michael did not even record it in the same place as Kravitz.  Did they ever meet?  I am picturing Michael in a plane, just dropping “parts” of songs and them landing in different areas for different artists to pick up just to see what Sony would do with them.  In looking through this I can’t help think that this too was calculated, but not by Sony.  If you want to see how deviant a music label can be, just leave pieces of your work laying around giving them the idea that you will never see it again, and see what they do with it.

Behind The Mask

Written by Michael Jackson, Chris Mosdell, Ryuichi Sakamoto / Published by Mijac Music (BMI) All rights administered by Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. (BMI) & by Alfa Music, Inc. (JASRAC) All Rights Administered by Sony/ATV Tunes LLC (ASCAP) / Produced by Michael Jackson, John McClain & Jon Nettlesbey / 'Behind The Mask' contains a sample of the recording "Behind The Mask" as performed by Yellow Magic Orchestra. (P) 1979 Alfa Music, Inc. Licensed by Alfa Music, Inc. All Rights Reserved. / Mixed by Jon Nettlesbey, Khaliq Glover / Lead & Background Vocals: Michael Jackson / Additional Background Vocals: Shanice Wilson, Alphonso Jones / Background Vocals Arranged by Leon F. Sylvers III / Engineered by Jon Nettlesbey, Allen Sides, Khaliq Glover / Saxophone and Saxophonic Percussion: Mike Phillips courtesy of Hidden Beach Recordings / Keyboards & Drum Programming: Big Jim Wright / Additional Keyboards: Greg Phillinganes / Bass: Alex Al / Percussion: Paulino Da Costa / Additional Keyboards, Drum Programming, Sequencing & Digital Editing: Jon Nettlesbey

Behind the mask looks to be the rare completed piece although we would never know because Michael is not here to tell us.  Michael’s credits on this song are co-writer, Mijac published (administered by BMI Warner-Tamerlane and Alpha Music.  Sony/ATV also ).  Michael co-produces or I should say PRE-produced, then John McClain and John Nettlesbey.  Lead and background vocals is Michael (FINALLY!  Is that all we get on this album?)

Much Too Soon

Written by Michael Jackson / Published by Mijac Music / Produced by Michael Jackson, John McClain / Mixed by Allen Sides / Guitar: Tommy Emmanuel / Khora: Dean Parks / Harmonica: Tommy Morgan / Accordion: Suzie Katayama / Arranger & Conductor: David Campbell / Contractor: Suzie Katayama / Concertmaster: Charlie Bisharat

This is another scant credit list for this song.  Michael’s credits are writer, Mijac published, coproduced (pre-produced, with John McClain finishing).  No credit for vocals listed on this at all.

I did a search on all copyrights listed under Michael Jackson while trying to find copyright information on “Heartbreaker”.  What resulted was a huge list of copyrights which were categorized into “Michael Jackson Company, LLC”, “Michael Jackson Estate”, and “Michael Jackson Productions”.  

Under the estate I found a list of music that are NOT on this new “Michael” album.  They are:

Adore you, Boy No., Brad Loop 3.3.7. MJ., Changes, Days in Gloucestershire, Don’t be Messin’, Hollywood, I Am a Loser, I Was a Loser, Innocent Man, Jungle, Just Remember, Light the Way, Michael’s Affirmation, Neverland Landing, Pray for Peace, Rocker, Thank Heaven, and World of Candy.

Of all the music listed, all of them are electronic files, and all of them hold this info on the Copyright record:

Description: Electronic file (eService)
Copyright Claimant: Bradley Buxer. Address: 553 Summit Oaks Ct., Nashville, TN, 37221, United States. The Michael Jackson Estate,
Transfer: By will. Address: c/o Hoffman, Sabban & Watenmaker, 10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2200, Los Angeles, CA, 90024, United States.
Date of Creation: 2009
Authorship on Application: Bradley Buxer; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: music. Michael Jackson;
Domicile: United States;
Citizenship: United States.
Authorship: music.
Rights and Permissions: Bradley Buxer, Songwriters Guild of America, 209 10th Avenue South, Suite 321, Nashville, TN, 37203, United States, (615) 742-9945, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Bradley Buxey is listed as co-writer for one song on this album, “Hollywood Tonight” which could be the same music copyright “Hollywood” in the list of songs.  He comes up nowhere in searches, even using Boolean search.  Yet he is the copyright claimant for every single new song listed under Michael Jackson/Michael Jackson Estate.

More disturbing? This post found on a Michael Jackson Fan Forum

“Michael Durham Prince Worked On New Songs”

"I was the first who reported about dozens of new songs MJ recorded with Bradley Buxler in 2009.

Now I can tell you that Michael Durham Prince was also present on these recording sessions, and will be credited if these songs will ever be released. He was the audio supervisor of the planned This Is It live shows."   Source

Michael Jackson recorded dozens of songs with Durham Prince in 2009?  Really? When?  In between runs to Dr. Kleins office and rehearsals for This is It?  Should I repost Michael’s schedule in 2009?  Here it is:  Source

Remember all the stories about how weak Michael was and how according to Faye he could not even hardly get up the stairs on the stage?  Yet he had enough energy to do rehearsals, fight a lawsuit, stop a Julien’s auction, go to Dr. Kleins every other day sometimes for hours, shop with his children, go to multiple business meetings, fend off gang-stalkers who followed him everywhere (and yet never mention these recording sessions) and NOW we are to believe that Michael, the eternal perfectionist also had time to not only write but RECORD 19 songs (all in 2009) and THESE are SUPPOSED to be of that cache of unreleased songs that supposedly were already recorded???

Come-on guys!  Did you ever hear of the introduction, the body and the closing of a story?  Don’t they kind of have to MATCH UP to be BELIEVABLE?

Every one of those copyrighted pieces listed above are ELECTRONIC FILES.  Not tapes but ELECTRONIC FILES.  They may be able to come up with an explanation for that, but the rest of it?

Sony?  Why don’t you try writing IRS booklets.  That is about as artistic and COHERENT your attempts to sell fans are.

Fans, get ready to see another half-baked, sadly mimicked and voice-dubbed Michael album from Sony in the near future.

You can view ALL the copyrights on this here:  U.S. Copyright Catalog

Just “search by” name, and type in Michael Jackson.  Check it out for yourself.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DoTopic starter

Thank you Cloead505. When I tried to copy and past it, the links disappeared. I think that in your post also several links disappeared, but again, thank you!!

I found some very strange things in the credits, but like Bonnie wrote, the source may not be reliable, so let's not jump in to conclusions yet!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

Quote from: "Do"
Thank you Cloead505. When I tried to copy and past it, the links disappeared. I think that in your post also several links disappeared, but again, thank you!!

I found some very strange things in the credits, but like Bonnie wrote, the source may not be reliable, so let's not jump in to conclusions yet!

No problem ;) the links disappeared..I just wanted to post the text so it's easier for everyone to read.

Bonnie seems to think MJ's the victim here, obviously. I'm not blaming her but she shouldn't jump to conclusions either!  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DoTopic starter

Nederlandse producer werkt aan album Michael Jackson

Uitgegeven: 16 april 2009 11:46
Laatst gewijzigd: 16 april 2009 11:46

uinfor
AMSTERDAM – De Nederlandse producer Giorgio Tuinfort werkt op dit moment aan het nieuwe album van Michael Jackson. Dat meldt de Revu op haar website You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (scroll down a bit)

De geboren Surinamer kon er nog niet veel over vertellen, maar het is zeker dat zijn producties op het album komen.

Het tijdschrift meldt ook geruchten dat Akon, Will.i.am, Chris Brown en 50 Cent mee zullen doen op het album.

Zachtmoedig mens

“Het wordt één van zijn laatste albums, dus er wordt met extra zorg en precisie aan gewerkt”, vertelt Tuinfort.

Volgens de producer is Michael Jackson een zachtmoedig mens: “Hij is eigenlijk alles wat je niet verwacht van zo’n superster.”

Tt werkte eerder al met Akon, Gwen Stefani, Lionel Ritchie en Lange Frans en Baas B.

© NU.nl/Colin van Hoek

TRANSLATION:

AMSTERDAM - The Dutch producer Giorgio Tuinfort is working on the new album by Michael Jackson, the Revu (Dutch magazine) reported on its website. Surinamese born could not tell much about, but it is certain that his productions will be on the album. The magazine also reports rumors that Akon, Will.i.am, 50 Cent and Chris Brown will participate on the album.

Gentle human being.

"It is one of his last albums, so we will work on it with extra care and precision" says Tuinfort. The producer claims Michael Jackson is a gentle person, "He's really all you not expect such a superstar. "Tt previously worked with Akon, Gwen Stefani, Lionel Ritchie and Lange Frans and Baas B.

I'll make a new topic of this, because this article says that the album was already in the making in 2009!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Bertrand Russel

They are going to start selling the album in my town tomorrow at SONY Center (an official Sony megastore) at 18:00!
I'm gonna buy it so we shall see!
 :|  :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

everlastinglove_MJ

Thank you, very interesting info!

Wow, Dutch cooperation for the song Hold My Hand :)
Talpa? Interesting. Giorgio Fortuin cooperated with Akon on the album "Just Go" of Lionel Richie.

[youtube:14h09ttj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raRhGHoS5Tw[/youtube:14h09ttj]

Under the estate I found a list of music that are NOT on this new “Michael” album.  They are:

Adore you, Boy No., Brad Loop 3.3.7. MJ., Changes, Days in Gloucestershire, Don’t be Messin’, Hollywood, I Am a Loser, I Was a Loser, Innocent Man, Jungle, Just Remember, Light the Way, Michael’s Affirmation, Neverland Landing, Pray for Peace, Rocker, Thank Heaven, and World of Candy.

I'm VERY curious about these songs and especially the lyrics.. Stuff for a new album? And please Michael I wanna hear you more on this one!! :D  

Every one of those copyrighted pieces listed above are ELECTRONIC FILES.  Not tapes but ELECTRONIC FILES.  They may be able to come up with an explanation for that, but the rest of it?  
What is this all about..?

I'll definately buy the album (already ordered). As far as this info is reliable, Michael wrote most of the songs on this album and at least he did the lead & background vocals in Behind The Mask. That'll do for me. The song is also written by Ryuichi Sakamoto. When I read that name it reminds me of the movie with David Bowie "Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence". RYuichi was an actor in that movie as well.

Keep the faith
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Oh Dear....shit is well and truly hitting the fan.

I need to find out more about this.BRB
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

Mischke
Mischke is one the greatest lyricist and vocal producers in the world he has worked with Michael Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Simpson and B2K ~ Keke Palmer You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

[youtube:1vaq0igq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNkXokVQIMo[/youtube:1vaq0igq]

[youtube:1vaq0igq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEPF9-m8844[/youtube:1vaq0igq]

Michael Durham Prince
Filmography

Sound Department (1 title)
2009 This Is It (documentary) (audio supervisor: live show)

Music Department (1 title)
2009 This Is It (documentary) (supervising music editor)

Self (2 titles)
2010 Michael Jackson's 'This Is It': Staging the Return - Beyond the Show (video documentary short)
Himself

2010 Michael Jackson's 'This Is It': Staging the Return - The Adventure Begins (video documentary short)
Himself

Maybe the same guy's song, from 1987, in this video??

[youtube:1vaq0igq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTM5PCETqxc[/youtube:1vaq0igq]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions