AndreaTopic starter

Exec Shake Up at Sony
December 08, 2010, 12:51:25 PM
**Sorry if this is a double post**  I know a lot of people don't like Roger Friedman but I thought this article was quite interesting.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Exec Shake Up at Sony Music; Michael Jackson Album a Factor?
By: Roger Friedman in Music // December 7th, 2010 at 5:34 PM UTC

Well, Barry Weiss is out at Sony-BMG-RCA- whatever. He’s leaving for Universal Music Group.

Barry was not a popular figure at Sony etc. And in the mix of candidates to replace Rolf Schmidt Holtz as head of Sony Music, Weiss was a candidate without porfolio.

What figured in his decision to leave? It might have been the Michael Jackson album. Rob Stringer actually pulled it off. The album is done, and it’s very good. It will sell like hotcakes, or IPads, or something. Stringer may be poised to take Schmidt-Holtz’s position now. His only competition within the company is Steve Barnett.

Weiss had a major blow out with a favorite Sony Music employee earlier this fall. It’s gone unreported so far, but suffice to say the whole saga didn’t set well anywhere. It may have just been timing and chemistry. At UMG, Barry could have loads of hits and smooth sailing. The industry reshuffles fast. There are second and third acts galore. Good luck to him.

More to come…

I wonder who the "favorite Sony Music employee" is?  It wouldn't surprise me at all if Michael is rebuilding Sony himself, putting those he can trust in the key positions...?
Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 01:05:17 PM by Andrea
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Glinda

Re: Exec Shake Up at Sony
December 08, 2010, 12:56:06 PM
Maybe they talk about it at the office Christmas party??
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AndreaTopic starter

December 08, 2010, 01:20:07 PM
Back in March, when that HUGE record deal was announced (for $250 million) - 10 new albums over 7 years from Michael, this is what Rob Stringer (mentioned in article above) had to say:

“It’s not just a record deal,” said Rob Stringer, chairman of the Columbia/Epic Label Group, a Sony division. “We’re not just basing this on how many CDs we sell or how many downloads. There are also audio rights for theater, movies, computer games. I don’t know how an audio soundtrack will be used in 2017, but you’ve got to bet on Michael Jackson in any new platform.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 08, 2010, 01:24:46 PM
Really interesting. Especially because that "insider" from TII video, she said that there will be "dethroning" of Sony executives, or something like that... I think. I gotta go back and watch it again to make sure I'm not making this up  :lol:  Been a long couple of days...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

AndreaTopic starter

December 08, 2010, 01:33:28 PM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
Really interesting. Especially because that "insider" from TII video, she said that there will be "dethroning" of Sony executives, or something like that... I think. I gotta go back and watch it again to make sure I'm not making this up  :lol:  Been a long couple of days...

That's right, I had forgotten about the "dethroning" comment from that computer-voiced video!  From a hoax perspective, it definitely makes sense that Michael would be putting who he wants in the top positions and if that's the case then we would finally know whose side Sony is on.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 08, 2010, 01:49:27 PM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"

Hee Hee  :mrgreen:  the first one de-throned in a series planned for the next 12 months (as the 'Insider' said)  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

PS: I've been having this feeling in my stomach quite a few months, that 'heads will roll'. It's PAYBACK TIME for Michael :!:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"... and the truth shall set you free" David Icke

December 08, 2010, 02:15:53 PM
That's the first thing I thought of....The Insider Hoax Video....she predicted that key Sony executives would begin to be let go....WOW! This sorta gives me chills!

To me, it all boils down to this....Money, Money, Money! There never has been nor ever will be a bigger moneymaker for Sony than Michael Jackson....and this gives him power....it appears that he is wielding it big time.....

GO, MIKE, GO!!!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!!!

Thanks for sharing this, Andrea!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places....and those who don\'t believe in magic will never find it" - Roald Dahl

December 08, 2010, 02:23:39 PM
:o  What a news!
Is it possible that Michael is running SONY or at least a branch of it without being listed anywhere on the official site? Did he change his name and is now living (similarly to Elvis who took the name of his brother Jessie) as, for example, Brandon Jackson??
 :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

MJonmind

December 08, 2010, 03:48:20 PM
This is all very interesting, and to think that comp-voice insider predicted it. :shock:  It's a takeover! Probably not just Sony.

Andrea, I've been meaning to tell you for a long time, that that pic of MJ you have on the left is melting me everytime I see it, and I have to force myself to scroll away. :lol:  :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AndreaTopic starter

December 08, 2010, 03:53:49 PM
Quote from: "VeryLittleSusie"
:o  What a news!
Is it possible that Michael is running SONY or at least a branch of it without being listed anywhere on the official site? Did he change his name and is now living (similarly to Elvis who took the name of his brother Jessie) as, for example, Brandon Jackson??
 :?

That's interesting - we do know that Michael loves to use aliases!

Quote from: "MJonmind"
This is all very interesting, and to think that comp-voice insider predicted it. :shock:  It's a takeover! Probably not just Sony.

Andrea, I've been meaning to tell you for a long time, that that pic of MJ you have on the left is melting me everytime I see it, and I have to force myself to scroll away. :lol:  :oops:

:D  I love that picture, both of them.  Now you can see it again!  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions