Michael Jackson’s former bodyguard nearly died of an overdose after taking the same prescription pills the singer used before his deathMartial arts expert Matt Fiddes, 31, became close friends with Jacko when he ran his security operation during his British tours.

But he has spiralled into depression over recent claims he fathered the star’s youngest son Blanket after donating his sperm in 2001.

The stress of the situation – and a messy divorce battle – caused him to down five powerful painkillers he claims he was given by one of Jackson’s doctors.

But he fell unconscious and was rushed to hospital by ambulance amid fears he may have suffered a potentially-fatal drugs overdose.

He spent nine hours under observation and was told by medics that the painkillers – which are banned in Britain – could gave killed him.

Matt, who is now recovering at home in Barnstaple, north Devon, said: ”Luckily the doctors were able to save me.

”They told me if I had taken two more of the tablets I would have been gone.

”It is a very powerful painkiller and was one found in Michael’s body. Like me, he didn’t know the strength of the drugs he was given.

”The last thing the doctor told me was that if I carried on like that I was I would end up like my old boss Michael Jackson.

”It is hard to grieve for Michael. To most people he was a superstar, but to me he was a buddy. Also the Blanket situation is ongoing. I’ve got problems coming from everywhere.”

Matt was prescribed the painkillers after tearing a muscle in his arm protecting Jacko from a mob of fans during a shopping trip with Uri Geller in London in 2002.

, it emerged todayHe didn’t take the Soma tablets – which are used as a muscle relaxant and painkiller – and stored them in his bathroom cabinet.

But over recent months, Matt has spiralled into depression since discovering in September that he may be the father of Jackson’s eight-year-old son Prince Michael II – known as Blanket – after donating sperm to the star in 2001.

He previously claimed the star offered him £500,000 for the sperm but he turned the money down and donated it for free.

The following year Blanket was born and Matt says he was told the baby was his by Mark Lester – another Jackson sperm donor thought to be the father of his daughter Paris.

Matt says the revelation has taken its toll on him and he has become increasingly depressed in recent months.

He added: ”It’s been a constant source of stress for me ever since I found out I was Blanket’s father.

”I go to bed every night thinking that I have another son that I can’t see.”

Matt has also struggled to deal with a bitter divorce from wife Marcia and the news that his mum Marjella (corr) Norris, 55, was last year diagnosed with terminal breast cancer.

He took five of the 350mg Soma tablets – a muscle relaxant – last Saturday (27/11) evening and instantly started to feel nauseous.

Within minutes he was struck down with stroke-like symptoms when he lost the feeling in part of his face and became drowsy.

Matt called NHS Direct and the operators were so concerned they dispatched an ambulance to take him to North Devon District Hospital at 1am.

The former bodyguard was put on a heart monitor as doctors used a saline solution to flush the drugs from his system, before carrying out a series of tests and releasing him at 9am on Sunday.

A close friend of Matt’s, who did not want to be named, said he had taken the drugs after failing to come to terms with Jacko’s death and being unable to visit Blanket.

He said: ”We all think Matt does need a wake up call. We do not want him to end up like Michael Jackson.

”The pain of losing Michael and the Blanket story leak put him in a bad way.

”He could not sleep due to the stress of his life and being so alone in his mansion day and night.”

Matt claimed in September that he donated sperm to the late pop star in 2001 after Jackson told him he wanted an ‘athletic’ child
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Whaaat? Is this true?

:shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

But he has spiralled into depression over recent claims he fathered the star’s youngest son Blanket after donating his sperm in 2001.

And talk about this as a fact, that pathetic
Now anyone that comes to mind swallowing a bunch of pills, the media immediately associate it with MJ. :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ugh, I'm getting so sick of people discussing the paternity of Michael's children... It's so disrespectful.
Even if it were true, Matt Fiddes obviously had no problem back in 2001.
And Blanket? Uh, lets be real people! No question on paternity there (IMO).

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "speechless777"
Ugh, I'm getting so sick of people discussing the paternity of Michael's children... It's so disrespectful.
Even if it were true, Matt Fiddes obviously had no problem back in 2001.
And Blanket? Uh, lets be real people! No question on paternity there (IMO).

"He previously claimed the star offered him £500,000 for the sperm but he turned the money down and donated it for free."
I am sick too. Whoever donated or sold sperm to Michael, if it is true, that means they abandoned their rights of paternity to the future child. That's it! These kids are Michael's. Does not matter who's sperm was used. When they gave sperm to MJ, they clearly realized that it is going to be used and they do not have a right to pursue any rights or money. Money, it is all about money. Just now everyone suddenly got concern which child who's. Where have you been for 8 years mother f...r?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

paula-c

When they gave sperm to MJ, they clearly realized that it is going to be used and they do not have a right to pursue any rights or money.

This is true
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Whoever donated or sold sperm to Michael, if it is true, that means they abandoned their rights of paternity to the future child.

And this also is true
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I had a feeling that this wasn't the last time hearing about the bodyguards. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

all4loveandbelieve

Please this man wants fame. If you look at blanket he is the only one of the 3 children that looks so much like Michael. I am not saying the others aren't his biological children. He is having fanancial problems and that's why he wants to get custody of blanket so he can have money.  Tell him to go get a life and work for a living just like anyone here.  I get angry when I see opportunists like him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

How many biological fathers can one child have anyway :?:  :?  :roll:

Don't matter none....they are all Michael's as far as he and anyone else who cares thinks!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
I donated eggs to my sister....and I had to undergo alot of counselling about this.  I signed a declaration that as soon as those eggs left my body, they were no longer mine.

I would never have been able to legally claim that child as my own. I had no paternal rights...

And this was my sister. (unfortunatley, she had a miscarriage  :( )
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Liberian Girl Heehee"
How many biological fathers can one child have anyway :?:  :?  :roll:

Don't matter none....they are all Michael's as far as he and anyone else who cares thinks!
I was wondering  if anyone was going to post something like this. I think the same exact way. If he took care of them, then he's their father. I haven't seen my dad in like 8 years;  so if he doesn't see me, I might as well not consider him my dad. I'm just glad that these kids have a father, even though it makes me wish I had one.  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

suspicious mind

oh geeezzzzzz this article reads like a six month episode of as the stomach turns. give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

”It is hard to grieve for Michael. To most people he was a superstar, but to me he was a buddy.''
If he was really a ''buddy'' to Michael than he wouldn't of outted on possibly being the father of blanket (which he isn't). And than discuss how much MJ was willing to pay for his sperm and then brining Mark Lester into the conversation? Saying all of this while Michael is in no position to defend himself. Yeah he's a really good ''buddy''  :roll: .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions