GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
Re: New MJ Song Released: "Much Too Soon"
November 30, 2010, 02:54:43 PM
Quote from: "Scream"
Quote from: "GINAFELICIA"
Scream please don't mind if I ask - are you a man ?

Yeah, I'm male, Gina. Why?

Because women are emotional about this and will buy the album because they adore MJ.
A man is more practical, if he can get the songs from the net, why buy it  :lol: ?
Thank you for your answer.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 30, 2010, 02:55:45 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"

I don't know why, but this song sounds so familiar...

Same thought here. The first minute sounds like some song by The Carpenters. I'm not too familiar with their material to name a song.
Maybe it's the less used instruments in MJ songs - acoustic guitar, quite rare but has been there, but harmonica and accordion - can't quickly recall an earlier song that has had them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Scream

November 30, 2010, 03:05:41 PM

Because women are emotional about this and will buy the album because they adore MJ.
A man is more practical, if he can get the songs from the net, why buy it  :lol: ?

That isn't reason that I'm not buying the album, I feel the fans are getting ripped off with this one. They promised an album of fresh, unheard, new material and that isn't what has been delivered. In some cases it possibly isn't even genuinely MJ.

I would have bought it otherwise.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
November 30, 2010, 03:07:19 PM

That isn't reason that I'm not buying the album, I feel the fans are getting ripped off with this one. They promised an album of fresh, unheard, new material and that isn't what has been delivered. In some cases it possibly isn't even genuinely MJ.

I would have bought it otherwise.

Still man thinking I suppose  :lol:
The album is not out yet  ;)
Let's just wait and see, maybe there's a surprise there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Im_convincedmjalive

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Down Ass G!!! More thaN U know haha! ~Smile~
  • I'm Watchin From -2012- Twilight Zone!:)
November 30, 2010, 03:15:47 PM
[youtube:1ggfvyo2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuOWNIDMlc8[/youtube:1ggfvyo2]

I had never heard this song Much too soon before until right now. My interpretation of this song, it is saying to me that we are learning lessons and is it to soon that we did learn them?

Are we ok to realize the teacher did his job and we can let go and move on.

In the song a woman was in his life to teach him a lesson and of course it is good and he doesn't want it to end. He asks her do you want to go with me? She says no because she knows she taught him the lesson he needed to know and now it was her time to depart.

When you know the lesson you were meant to learn and accept it, than you can honestly say it is ok and let go of that person. Even though it is to soon.

Answering yes to go with him wouldn't be a bad thing either, just know when it is time to say no.

Peace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
November 30, 2010, 03:24:42 PM
Quote from: "Im_convincedmjalive"
Are we ok to realize the teacher did his job and we can let go and move on.

I will never be OK with letting my teachers go.
I love my teachers, always did and always will.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

November 30, 2010, 04:04:17 PM
New Michael Jackson Song Premieres
'Much Too Soon' was written around the time of 'Thriller'
By Jem Aswad Nov 30, 2010

Another song from the forthcoming Michael Jackson LP Michael was released Tuesday. "Much Too Soon" is a ballad of lost love that's being streamed free for one week in Apple's new music-centric social network, iTunes Ping.

The song opens with gently plucked acoustic guitar that's more than a little reminiscent of the intro to MJ's 1972 hit "Ben." It then moves into a full acoustic arrangement loaded with strings and brief accordion and harmonica passages. Jackson's vocal is soft and restrained throughout.

According to Jackson's website, the song was written at the time of Thriller: "Michael always liked the song and would pull it back out of the vaults for each subsequent album project but never found the right home for it." The song, written by Jackson and co-produced by the singer with John McClain, now a co-executor of his estate, will be the closing track on Michael.

"Much Too Soon" is the third song to be previewed from Michael, joining "Breaking News" and the Akon collaboration "Hold My Hand." The album is slated for release on December 14.

[youtube:f5r8zv59]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g40WCBaUXR4[/youtube:f5r8zv59]

Learned my lesson
Type of Work: Musical work
Registration Number / Date: PAu000684008 / 1985-01-14
Date of Creation: 1981
Title: Learned my lesson : Much too soon : 2 versions / Michael Jackson.
Description: 1 sound cassette.
Other Title: Much too soon
Copyright Claimant: Mijac Music
Authorship on Application: words & music: Michael Jackson.
Names: Michael Jackson (908 documents)
example document: Can't carry you
Mijac Music (533 documents)
example document: Nubian II

"Much Too Soon"
Michael Jackson    
* Written c. 1981
* Initially believed by some fans to be an early version of "Gone Too Soon," but it isn't and may be an early version of "Learned My Lesson."
* Snippet leaked online in November 2010 & Full song leaked on November 17'th of 2010.

Michael Jackson - Much Too Soon
Written by Michael Jackson in 1981 and cited by him in his court deposition in November 1993.
Mix 1 of Much Too Soon was recorded in May 1994 in The Hit Factory recording studio, and the mastering made in December 1994.
The track remains unreleased but is a part of the upcoming album, scheduled for December 14, 2010.
Full track leaked for the first time on November 17, 2010
source : MJTunes

November 8:
Michael's attorney Howard Manning flies to Mexico City to take a deposition from Michael for a copyright infringement lawsuit brought by three songwriters claiming Thriller, The Girl Is Mine & We Are The World were stolen from them.

1993 Plagiarism Lawsuit
Reynaud Jones and Robert Smith alleged that "The Girl Is Mine", along with "Thriller"— written by Rod Temperton— and "We Are the World", resembled their musical works. The pair added that they had been childhood neighbours of the Jackson family when they had resided in Gary, Indiana. Jackson, Lionel Richie—co-writer of "We Are the World"—and Quincy Jones were named as the defendants. The plaintiffs asserted that Joseph Jackson had received a demo tape from them. From the tapes, the defendants were alleged to have stolen the three hit songs. Reynaud Jones also claimed that he had considered suing Jackson over "Billie Jean". Jackson appeared in court via a taped testimony. Following the testimony, the nine-member jury found Jackson to be the writer and composer of "The Girl Is Mine" in early 1994. They also ruled that the defendants had not plagiarized "Thriller" or "We Are the World".

Billie Jean - Lyric snippet
People always told me be careful of what you do
And don't go around breaking young girls' hearts
She came and stood right by me
Then the smell of sweet perfume
This happened much too soon
She called me to her room
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 30, 2010, 04:09:28 PM
Lovely song, but still think Keep your head up is the best track on the album.

side note if you right click on the mp3 link and click save link as, BAM you have downloaded MP3  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
-Bob Dylan[/size]

November 30, 2010, 04:12:41 PM
To me, considering the title and when it was made, it says to me:

"It's Much Too Soon for a Thriller(BAM)" ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.” - Michael Jackson

November 30, 2010, 04:34:01 PM
Beautiful song; however, this is not how Michael managed his music. He would never release a song right behind another assembly line style.  Every release  had to simmer, bathe in the moonlight, before he'd let another one drop.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

November 30, 2010, 05:10:09 PM
i cant find it on my itunes...i can't even preview it. (i'm in california)

can you guys download it from your itunes?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people
so when did we all get so fearful?
and now we're finally finding our voices
so take a chance, come help me sing this

Serenitys_Dream

November 30, 2010, 05:10:20 PM
A bit off topic but since my previous post led to plagiarism, I thought I would look further into that.

Other Plagiarism Lawsuits brought against Michael:

Will You Be There
The full version of the song includes a prelude featuring the Cleveland Orchestra and the Cleveland Orchestra Chorus performing a portion of Beethoven's ninth symphony. The segment is from the fourth movement and is a lesser known portion of the famous "Ode to Joy." The German lyrics were written by Friedrich Schiller.

Do you bow down, millions?
    Do you sense the Creator, world?
    Seek Him beyond the starry canopy!
    Beyond the stars must He dwell.

"Will You Be There" was the subject of two lawsuits.
1992: The first was for copyright infringement of the Clevelend Orchestra's recording and lack of credit to Beethoven for the use of his symphonic prelude. The suit was filed by the Cleveland Orchestra for 7 million dollars and was settled out of court. Subsequent printings of Dangerous have included full credits in the album booklet.

Cleveland Orchestra Sues Jackson Over 'Sampling'
April 25, 1992 By RONALD SULLIVAN

Rap musicians have long been freely appropriating excerpts from other artists' recordings for their own use, a practice known as electronic sampling.

But the nonprofit organization that operates the Cleveland Orchestra contended yesterday that Michael Jackson and Sony Music Entertainment Inc. had gone too far when they included a 1-minute-7-second segment of its recording of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony in Mr. Jackson's latest album, "Dangerous."

In a complaint filed in United States District Court in Manhattan, the Music Arts Association of Cleveland conceded that the music of Beethoven was no longer protected by copyright. But it contended that the Cleveland Orchestra's "unique" 1961 recording of his Ninth Symphony was protected, and asked for a total of $7 million in compensatory and punitive damages.

The complaint was the latest volley in a growing legal war over sampling that thus far appears confined to rap and popular music.

Thomas W. Morris, the executive director of the Cleveland Orhcestra, said: "We respect Michael Jackson's innovative efforts to integrate pop and classic music. Our complaint is that Sony authorized or permitted Jackson to use the excerpt of our recording without our knowledge or consent, did not credit our work on Jackson's album and attributed the Cleveland Orchestra's performance to others."

1992: The second lawsuit was a claim of plagiarism by Italian songwriter Albano Carrisi. Carrisi claimed that "Will You Be There" was copied from his song "I Cigni di Balaka" ("The Swans of Balaka"). After seven years, an Italian court ruled in favor of Jackson, stating that while the two songs were very similar, they were both inspired by a traditional Indian song. Carrisi was ordered to pay all legal fees related to the case.

Dangerous
TV Talk Show Host Crystal Cartier is best known as the songwriter that dared to challenge Michael Jackson for copyright infringement ("Dangerous") in Denver.

Jackson Attorneys Attack 'Expert' Testimony
Colorado Springs Gazette February 09, 1994

Defense attorneys representing Michael Jackson tried to discredit an "expert witness" called by plaintiffs Tuesday in the copyright trial involving Denver songwriter Crystal Cartier.

Cartier claims Michael Jackson's 1992 hit "Dangerous" mirrors a version she wrote in 1985 with her band Love Story and copyrighted on July 29, 1991. The case is in being heard its second day of testimony in U.S. District Judge Edward Nottingham's courtroom.

Michael Jackson did not appear in court Tuesday. Cartier plans to seek $40 million or more in damages if she prevails in her lawsuit. She is represented by Bob Eberhardt of Denver. Denver musician Kris Farrell gave testimony as the two versions of "Dangerous" by both Jackson and Cartier were played to a stoic courtroom audience. "I think the most important similarity is in the choruses of the songs," he said. "...And the most obvious similarity is the use of the word 'dangerous.'"

In cross-examination, defense attorney Rich Gabriel first questioned the credibility of Farris' status as a witness in the case. "Do you understand the concept of independent expert?" he said. Gabriel read a definition which stated impartiality as a requirement. "Do you agree that the opinion that you gave today was in collaboration with Ms. Cartier?" he asked Farris. Farris answered "Yes."

Gabriel also challenged each similarity cited by Farris between the two songs. Those included sharing the same drumbeat, key and theme of dangerous love. "Are you aware, sir, there are over 200 songs copyrighted since the mid-1930s under the title, 'Dangerous?' " he asked, to which Farris replied no. "The concept of dangerous is not unique or original to either Ms. Cartier or Mr. Jackson," said Gabriel, to which Farris agreed.

Remembering Michael Jackson's legal faceoff against Denver's Crystal Cartier
By Michael Roberts, Fri., Jun. 26 2009
...a trial that took place right here in Denver -- one that pitted Jackson against singer-songwriter Crystal Cartier. She argued that MJ had used portions of "Dangerous," a song she'd written, in a number with the same title that he claimed to have penned himself. "I don't know if [Jackson] knew it was my song at the time he made his decision to rape it," she told Westword at the time, "but he damn sure knew that it wasn't his."

And this song sounds nothing like Michael's at all! :lol:

[youtube:1vj9uths]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3lolbFqCN4[/youtube:1vj9uths]

Jury rules that Michael did not steal the song 'Dangerous.'
Article from: Jet  Magazine Article date: March 7, 1994
For the second time, pop superstar Michael Jackson has been exonerated of accusations that he stole someone else's song. It took a U.S. District Court jury a little over three hours to find Jackson innocent of copyright infringement for his hit album, Dangerous.

Denver songwriter Crystal Cartier had alleged in a lawsuit that Jackson stole the song from her after hearing a demo tape. Cartier claimed to have written the song in 1985, revised it a few years later, and gave a tape of it to a Jackson aide in 1988. She said she later copyrighted it in 1991. Jackson said no one helped him write the song and he denied ever hearing Cartier's song before she filed her lawsuit.

On Jan. 12, a Los Angeles jury ruled in Jackson's favor in a similar lawsuit involving his hits Thriller, The Girl Is Mine, and We Are The World.

2005 Trial

The People v. Jackson trial began in Santa Maria, California, two years after Jackson was originally charged. During the trial, the judge allowed the prosecution to bring in evidence needed to determine whether or not a defendant had a propensity to commit certain crimes. This meant that the prosecution was allowed to use any evidence it had against Jackson from the 1993 allegations to help secure a conviction. Although evidence from 1993 was used, Jordan Chandler did not appear in the Jackson trial. The trial lasted five months, and Jackson was found not guilty on all counts in June.

Is it a coincidence that all these lawsuits were occurring within a short period of time? And during all of these lawsuits, the first molestation accusations are made in August 1993. The plagiarism lawsuits were trying to tear apart Michael's career, destroy the albums "Dangerous" and "Thriller". These lawsuits, combined with the molestation accusations, does show that there was a campaign undertaken to destroy Michael Jackson, using different fronts. Painting him as a liar, cheater, thief, and sexual predator...

The first molestation accusations though never reaching court (against Michael's wishes) laid the basis of the 2005 case...a history of previous behaviour. These first allegations, though never heard, never substantiated and no conviction, where permitted in court and used in the media to manipulate and shape many people's perceptions of Michael. His public persona was very tarnished and in reality a conviction wasn't needed to harm his reputation and public image. It seems a large part of out society never looks much further than what the media tells them is the truth and thinking for oneself is not highly rated.
;)

Edit: I forgot to mention that Crystal Cartier tried to sue fro $40 million dollars.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

November 30, 2010, 05:45:14 PM
The song was written in the era of "Thriller", but the voice does not sound like from that era, when it was recorded  :?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 30, 2010, 05:49:10 PM
This music is wonderful. I love the guitar sound!
While our CD is not enough, download to MP3 here:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Tell the angels no... Heaven can wait"!

paula-c

November 30, 2010, 05:49:55 PM
These lawsuits, combined with the molestation accusations, does show that there was a campaign undertaken to destroy Michael Jackson, using different fronts. Painting him as a liar, cheater, thief, and sexual predator...

How much damage can be done, thanks for posting  Serenitys_Dream
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions