The Dumbing Down of America
November 29, 2010, 12:15:29 PM
Book written by Former Senior Policy Member of U. S. Department of Education under Ronald Reagan Administration.

This is very interesting. She tells it all.  

If you can download go to site:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here is her book! Free!! pass it on!!!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

Re: The Dumbing Down of America
November 29, 2010, 12:26:00 PM
Thank you! I will download this later!

I think the whole world is being dumbed down. In terms of education, in terms of the creative arts and in terms of the medication we are being encouraged to take.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 29, 2010, 12:27:58 PM
Quote from: "trublu"

I think the whole world is being dumbed down. In terms of education, in terms of the creative arts and in terms of the medication we are being encouraged to take.

You better tell the truth. The more meds the more we become their airheads.  :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

November 29, 2010, 12:38:10 PM
Quote from: "Infinitylady"

I am telling the truth lol I don't understand your comment :) I think it's my English  :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 29, 2010, 12:57:21 PM

I am telling the truth lol I don't understand your comment :) I think it's my English  :oops:

Sorry, I was saying that to say that I am in agreement with you. Sorry.  :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

November 29, 2010, 12:58:39 PM

It's me lol my English not you!

Hugs
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 29, 2010, 01:32:28 PM

Hugs

You both are very funny. English is my first language and I understood both of you perfectly. All is well. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

trublu

November 29, 2010, 01:44:42 PM
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"

Hugs

You both are very funny. English is my first language and I understood both of you perfectly. All is well. :)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 29, 2010, 02:54:23 PM
Book written by Former Senior Policy Member of U. S. Department of Education under Ronald Reagan Administration.

Thank you so much for the links!!!  I wrote a blog post about this a year ago and it's a great reminder!

Here's the post: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jill

November 29, 2010, 03:37:29 PM
I heard about this book on Fox News radio today.  Very interesting.  They were talking about how the progressives are litterally trying to hinder upgrades and progress in the US educational system.  The reason being the more educated a person is the less likely they are to follow their beliefs and support them.  Statistics show people with higher education tend to be conservative, people with less education tend to be a lot more liberal.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

November 29, 2010, 10:27:42 PM
one of the reasons it is hard for me to swallow michael being a drug addict. creative people supposedly don't like the way the drugs make them feel. as i understand that is why you have non-compliance with kids put on adhd drugs. the ones they try to give it to don't want to feel the way it makes them feel. then you have the other kids who are not as creative who abuse it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

November 29, 2010, 11:57:49 PM
Quote from: "jill"
I heard about this book on Fox News radio today.  Very interesting.  They were talking about how the progressives are litterally trying to hinder upgrades and progress in the US educational system.  The reason being the more educated a person is the less likely they are to follow their beliefs and support them.  Statistics show people with higher education tend to be conservative, people with less education tend to be a lot more liberal.

You don't by any chance know where you read the part in bold do you?  I'm asking because all of the Grad students and Professors I know are extremely liberal.  In fact, from my own experiences with people, I would have concluded the exact opposite.

Now as far as the dumbing down of America, I agree very much with that.  I know people in a few different states whose kids are being taught "inventive spelling" in school with the reason being that kids will learn to spell in their own time.  One person I know actually got reprimanded by her child's teacher about helping the child with their spelling homework!  Another new policy is the idea of not assigning zeros, but rather 50% grades for assignments that aren't turned in, as well as the policy of allowing students to turn in assignments as many as several weeks late for partial credit (with a guarantee of at least a 50%).  These practices are ridiculous and are oftentimes implemented simply to make the schools look better on paper (ie. there are less kids failing).  They aren't teaching students the importance of being responsible and meeting deadlines.  Then the students get to college and can't understand why Instructors and Professors don't allow them to turn in late work.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 30, 2010, 07:05:44 AM
Quote from: "PeaceLoveHappiness"
Quote from: "jill"

You don't by any chance know where you read the part in bold do you?  I'm asking because all of the Grad students and Professors I know are extremely liberal.  In fact, from my own experiences with people, I would have concluded the exact opposite.

Now as far as the dumbing down of America, I agree very much with that.  I know people in a few different states whose kids are being taught "inventive spelling" in school with the reason being that kids will learn to spell in their own time.  One person I know actually got reprimanded by her child's teacher about helping the child with their spelling homework!  Another new policy is the idea of not assigning zeros, but rather 50% grades for assignments that aren't turned in, as well as the policy of allowing students to turn in assignments as many as several weeks late for partial credit (with a guarantee of at least a 50%).  These practices are ridiculous and are oftentimes implemented simply to make the schools look better on paper (ie. there are less kids failing).  They aren't teaching students the importance of being responsible and meeting deadlines.  Then the students get to college and can't understand why Instructors and Professors don't allow them to turn in late work.

Absolutely, Peace,

I know I go to college myself.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 30, 2010, 07:15:13 AM
Quote from: "lilwendy"

Thank you so much for the links!!!  I wrote a blog post about this a year ago and it's a great reminder!

Here's the post: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thank you as well. I will take a look further at your blog.  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

November 30, 2010, 07:16:52 AM
Quote from: Infinitylady
Quote from: PeaceLoveHappiness
Quote from: jill
I heard about this book on Fox News radio today.  Very interesting.  They were talking about how the progressives are litterally trying to hinder upgrades and progress in the US educational system.  The reason being the more educated a person is the less likely they are to follow their beliefs and support them.  Statistics show people with higher education tend to be conservative, people with less education tend to be a lot more liberal.

Now as far as the dumbing down of America, I agree very much with that.  I know people in a few different states whose kids are being taught "inventive spelling" in school with the reason being that kids will learn to spell in their own time.  One person I know actually got reprimanded by her child's teacher about helping the child with their spelling homework!  Another new policy is the idea of not assigning zeros, but rather 50% grades for assignments that aren't turned in, as well as the policy of allowing students to turn in assignments as many as several weeks late for partial credit (with a guarantee of at least a 50%).  These practices are ridiculous and are oftentimes implemented simply to make the schools look better on paper (ie. there are less kids failing).  They aren't teaching students the importance of being responsible and meeting deadlines.  Then the students get to college and can't understand why Instructors and Professors don't allow them to turn in late work.

Absolutely, Peace,

I know I go to college myself.

curious about this. can you give me a time frame of when these people were in college?was it during the late 60s early 70s or more recently?
Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 08:13:53 PM by PureLove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal