The game theory
November 26, 2010, 11:45:24 PM
I have posted this same thing under another forum, so in case others have already read it, you aren't "seeing double."

This is my first and probably last forum post.  I figured I would finally speak up about my latest theory.  I have been a believer almost since day 1 and have been watching countless numbers of videos and reading so much in this past year and half that it has seriously overtaken my life in so many ways.  Although, I really have enjoyed the ride for the most part.  I do love the physical amusement park roller coasters and all the crazy and wild twists and turns, and now I am in the mindset that this MJ ordeal is a roller coaster but on a different level.   I have "stumbled" onto so many different possible connections that it is literally a jumbled mess in my mind.  I will spend hours and hours a day trying to find more and more.  It's insane.  Why can't I just walk away and just let it be?  Now I have never been one to play any type of on-line virtual multi-player game, however, I am now feeling like that is what all this is .  And now I believe that people truly can get sucked into them and become addicts.    So I ask myself again, why can't I walk away from all this madness? Is it that I feel that I am so close to the end of "the game" and solving the puzzle? Geesh, I have so much to say, but I feel like I am all over the board and I don't want this to be a book report.  
So, last night I finally got redirected in another direction.  Is anyone familiar with Sid Meier and the game Civilization?  Well, just reading his wiki page was quite interesting.  But, check this out....Civilization V, was released on September 21, 2010.   I then began checking out different videos about all versions of this gaming series.  I found many parallels with MJ.  Who knows - maybe just coincidences‘.   And do you know what MJ news was realeased on this date?  Well, I guess you will have to look it up and see for yourself.  And I will end my madness here.  Thank you for reading and if you have any thoughts on this matter, I would love to hear them.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BlackJack

Re: The game theory
November 27, 2010, 11:14:07 PM
Hi goofycatt,
Yes, I think most people here would agree that we have already been living in MJ's 'real-time' gameplay Thriller for quite some time now!! As the prototype or forerunner of PLANETMICHAEL.... we are well prepared!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 27, 2010, 11:23:24 PM
Quote from: "BlackJack"
Hi goofycatt,
Yes, I think most people here would agree that we have already been living in MJ's 'real-time' gameplay Thriller for quite some time now!! As the prototype or forerunner of PLANETMICHAEL.... we are well prepared!!

Hi Goofycatt - I know exactly how you feel! I've often thought the same thing...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Planet Michael' will let players builds virtual Jackson worlds

Thriller-land: This area of Planet Michael is based on the music video for Michael Jackson's Thriller.    
Enlarge image Enlarge    By SEE Virtual Worlds
Thriller-land: This area of Planet Michael is based on the music video for Michael Jackson's Thriller.

By Mike Snider, USA TODAY
It has been 15 months since Michael Jackson died, leaving his Neverland in limbo. But a virtual Neverland is in the works as a tribute to the late King of Pop.

Planet Michael, an online virtual world devoted to Jackson's life, music and concerns, being developed to open late next year, will combine features of a massively multiplayer online game and social network.

"We put a focus on something that will truly allow fans to immerse themselves in a Michael Jackson-like universe or music-video-like world and interact with each other and then go on adventures and do gameplay stuff and socialize," says Josh Gordon of developer SEE Virtual Worlds.

Think World of Warcraft— with no violence and more dancing. "The player is more apt to succeed in a situation using song, dance and adventure as opposed to violence," Gordon says.

A free-to-download game, Planet Michael will let players (ages 13-up) customize their own avatars, perhaps with red Thriller jackets and sequined gloves. However, you will be able to spend money on items, and some virtual objects earned and created in the world can be traded or sold to others. (More information at planetmichael.com.)

But will Planet Michael's publishers be able to overcome Jackson's tarnished reputation, which included such behavior as holding a newborn off a hotel balcony and charges of molesting children (he was acquitted on criminal charges, while some civil cases were settled out of court)?

"The answer is, 'I'm not sure,' " says video game industry analyst Michael Pachter, commenting not on Planet Michael specifically but on potential projects including the recently announced Michael Jackson The Experience dance video game from Ubisoft.

"If parents are the target, I think that the legacy baggage will be a problem," Pachter says. "If the user is the target, I think that all will be forgiven, because there is no question that he was a phenomenal performer. So I suppose the answer is 'somewhere in between.' "

"There is no doubt we will be open to people joking about it and criticizing it," says Gordon. "We'll just have to roll with that as it comes, so to speak. ... He's such a big name and he's such a big legend that no matter what we do, we are going to get a lot of people who are excited, and we are going to get people who criticize us. And we have just taken that as the way it is going to be."

Before he died, Jackson was exploring games and interactive entertainment prospects. "Unfortunately, he never got to this point," says Martin Biallas, president of SEE Virtual Worlds, a division of Biallas' larger company SEE (Special Entertainment Events), for which he organized real-life happenings around Star Trek's 30th anniversary and the 1999 world tour of Titanic props, sets and costumes.

The Swedish company MindArk, which operates the Entropia Universe online service, ap- proached SEE about entertainment properties that might be worthy of virtual-world treatment, and Biallas contacted the Jackson estate. "They loved it and said this could actually be something where we could also transmit the ideas (and) the vision that Michael had, and not make it just a game but make it a social-interacting platform."

So in addition to areas based on songs such as Thriller, Beat It and Smooth Criminal, there might be an altruistic area based on a song such as Heal the World. Players will be able to donate to charities as well.

"We believe this online social gaming experience will bring the most passionate Michael Jackson fans together with those just discovering his artistry in a unique environment where they can celebrate his music, his art and his devotion to helping those in need," says an e-mailed statement from Jackson's estate and executors.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

November 27, 2010, 11:24:58 PM

GameLife Your Source for Gaming News Since 20XX
Previous post
Next post
Michael Jackson Inspires Planet Michael MMO

* By Gus Mastrapa Email Author
    * September 21, 2010  |
    * 6:55 pm  |
    * Categories: MMO Gaming, Online Gaming

A Michael Jackson-themed massively multiplayer game will welcome players into a virtual world inspired by the late singer’s lyrics.

Planet Michael, due to launch in 2011, will draw from the King of Pop’s many philanthropic interests, which will serve as a basis for the game’s social elements. An in-game economy will allow players, in certain circumstances, to make contributions to charitable causes as they play.

See Virtual Worlds announced plans for the game Tuesday, saying Planet Michael will be a free-to-download social gaming experience without subscription fees. Note that the company didn’t say the game will be free to play: Expect some kind of pay-as-you-go model to emerge as we learn more about the game.

Planet Michael is just one world in a larger galaxy of virtual worlds called Entropia Universe. May I suggest creating an Afrika Bambaataa-themed hip-hop world called Planet Rock?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

November 28, 2010, 03:17:45 AM
A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!!

Michael is Taking Over The PLANET!!!

The logo is gorgeous too:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree