Visions DVD Critique
November 22, 2010, 10:14:59 PM
This is all hurting my heart. First, Hold My Hand isn't performing well on the charts at all..and now this critique of Vision.

Poor Michael. It is impossible to watch his collection of videos without feeling pity at this visual evidence of his self-destruction. In four and half hours of extravagant (over-) productions, you see the handsome, smiling young black entertainer of 1979’s ‘Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough’ gradually mutate into the stick thin, white scarecrow figure of 2001’s ‘You Rock My World’, his final official appearance. With sawed off button nose and painted on lips, by the end he barely looks human, and it seems peculiar the way the typically heavyweight cast (including Chris Rock and Marlon Brando) casually interact with a zombie in their midst.
The title ‘Michael Jackson’s Vision’, and the assertion that these aren’t promo videos but “short films”, is typical of the grandiosity attached to every Jackson project. The hits of the eighties retain nostalgic charm, but apart from the genuinely ground breaking and still impressive ‘Thriller’ few really stand the test of the time. The overlong shorts (including Martin Scorcese’s woeful Bad) are narratively baffling to a point that would be comical if they weren’t so bloated with an air of preening narcissism in which fawning guest stars gasp at Jackson’s mystical super-powers. They are further burdened by a kind of egotism of budgetary excess. As Jackson’s star wanes in the 90s, the videos keep getting bigger and madder, more bucks for less bangs

Found here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I can\'t be still, you thrill me.
Baby, be mine.

Re: Visions DVD Critique
November 22, 2010, 11:29:38 PM
Awww, don't get sad just yet.. Maybe we all need to write our own reviews.. send them to various sites...  and blog.. tweet.. whatever... Just be louder with our praise than they are with their judgments.

Without turning into hysterical delusional fangurls of course...  (that's Plan B)  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They're coming to a rock and roll concert and watching television. That says it all." - Larry Mullen jr on the ZooTV experience.

November 23, 2010, 02:52:57 AM
Haters gonna hate.....  :roll:

How can the author of this review criticise something that was already awarded in the past?
It's like criticising Shakespeare's "Hamlet"... Oh dear..  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

November 24, 2010, 04:38:01 AM
well, just f.u.c.k. 'em haterz....

I dont like that article at all.... :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike