Proof 911 Call Came From a Payphone?
November 18, 2010, 04:37:33 PM
Remember how there were 4 different 911 calls that were online? They each were, essentially the same call though.

In one of them, you can hear what appears to be a woman's voice saying "2 minutes" (or something like that).

I recently was talking on a payphone and, when the timelimit is close to being over, a voice comes on and says how much longer you have left (2 minutes, 30 seconds, etc).

Remember how on the ambulance screen, it said the address was the Beverly Hills Hotel? Maybe there is a payphone there.

I know that they said it was because of a cell phone tower there, but in reality...THERE IS NO CELL PHONE TOWER there!

Thoughts?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Let me bathe in my own time when I come back in. I\'m gonna button my shirt or my jacket or whatever it is. I\'m gonna look around a little bit, play with them. Snap my fingers maybe, then BAM!"

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
Re: Proof 911 Call Came From a Payphone?
November 18, 2010, 05:00:54 PM
Some prepaid cellphones also give that warning when you are low on minutes. Considering most public payphones in California were removed in the latter part of 2008, excluding courtesy phone inside hotels...it's more probable that the call was made from a prepaid cell phone. Because certain cell companies require a social security number, drivers license number or physical address to use the phone (per the new Patriot Act), it's most likely they used the Beverly Hills Hotel location as a "permanent address" with a ficticious name (John Doe)...but doesn't mean they actually called from that location, it just means that was the registered address for the phone.  E911 information for cell phones is not verified---only in the sense it has to be a legitimate physical address. The cellphone tower only narrows down the location of the call to within a 3 mile radius in every direction, and the E911 operator is alerted (on their screen) if the caller is on a cell phone or if they are calling from a "land-line"(physical address).

hope that helps :)

btw ...I worked for a major phone company which is how I know ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Delia

November 18, 2010, 05:38:55 PM
I think you made a great discovery. Thanks for shareing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 18, 2010, 06:00:03 PM
Quote from: "Snoopy71"
Some prepaid cellphones also give that warning when you are low on minutes. Considering most public payphones in California were removed in the latter part of 2008, excluding courtesy phone inside hotels...it's more probable that the call was made from a prepaid cell phone. Because certain cell companies require a social security number, drivers license number or physical address to use the phone (per the new Patriot Act), it's most likely they used the Beverly Hills Hotel location as a "permanent address" with a ficticious name (John Doe)...but doesn't mean they actually called from that location, it just means that was the registered address for the phone.  E911 information for cell phones is not verified---only in the sense it has to be a legitimate physical address. The cellphone tower only narrows down the location of the call to within a 3 mile radius in every direction, and the E911 operator is alerted (on their screen) if the caller is on a cell phone or if they are calling from a "land-line"(physical address).

hope that helps :)

btw ...I worked for a major phone company which is how I know ;)

Thanks, Snoopy!  I always thought this was a case of "making mountains out of molehills".  I never considered this (the Beverly Hills Hotel/cell phone tower thing) a real clue as to the hoax.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 19, 2010, 08:52:45 AM
Quote from: "Delia"
I think you made a great discovery. Thanks for shareing.

Thanks ;)  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 19, 2010, 10:44:29 AM
wow thank you for the information
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

November 19, 2010, 11:48:44 AM
it actually does sound like him when i compared both videos. he has "the man vioce" remember? ;)  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation." - Michael Jackson

November 19, 2010, 06:46:07 PM
They also say time of arrival at a hospital. It comes across the loud speaker ETA (so many minutes). So that can be coming across the radio other sources
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal