Two different versions of the same exclusive story.

Source MTV :You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Glee Cast To Perform Thriller!
The cast will take on the Michael Jackson classic in their Super Bowl episode...
12:28, Thursday, 18 November 2010
The first details of the upcoming Glee Super Bowl show have apparently been revealed, with the cast set to perform their take on Michael Jackson's Thriller.
Entertainment Weekly reports that the characters will perform the song in a mash-up with another track, but that the episode will not be a Jackson tribute.
Instead they claim that the show will include covers of will include covers of tracks by Katy Perry, Black Eyed Peas and Lady Antebellum.
The episode is expected to continue the Super Bowl theme by focusing on the local football championship and the Cheerios' regionals competition.
Contrary to rumours earlier in the year the Super Bowl episode will not be a tribute to Elton John, but his music is expected to be the focus of an episode later in the current series

Same story more informative;
Source:You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
“Glee” will continue its assault on pop culture’s most history defining music with its super-sized Super Bowl episode. How do you top Britney Spears? How do top Madonna? How do you top The Rocky Horror Picture Show? The answer is two words: Michael Jackson. The King of Pop will be featured on the hit Fox series after television’s biggest event.

A “Glee” source has exclusively confirmed to EW, that Jackson’s “Thriller” will be the song of choice for the show’s Super Bowl episode. Before you get too excited (or angry) there will be a twist to their rendition. The song will be included in a mash-up with another yet to be named tune. What in the world could be worthy enough to be mixed in with “Thriller?” Maybe something from The Beatles or The Rolling Stones? Perhaps, they’ll pick a present day hit to balance it out?
Even though MJ’s music will be in the episode, the entire show won’t be dedicated to him. In all honesty the only superstar who was mentioned as a possible contender to get that treatment is Sir Elton John, which they claim will happen at some point later in the season.

What do you think of Glee’s decision to use Thriller? Who should they mash it up with?

Most people will only tune in to watch them perform Thriller,really,let's be honest..it's glee...however,it mirrors back to when more people tuned in during the superbowl half time break to watch him Perform all those years ago than EVER before or since...coinsidence?I think not.

The episode is due out around Feb 2011.

What is the general consensus on this piece of information??
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hmmm. Very interesting! This at least gives me a reason to watch the superbowl  :lol:  I think the last time I watched was when Janet and Justin Timberlake performed. And then the last time I watched before for was in the 90's when I was a kid, when MJ performed  :D

I'm not really into football...haha.

But yes, MJ's performance was AMAZING. I don't think anyone will ever everrrr top that. I do think this will be really cool though. I doubt that it has anything to do with the hoax. Well, I take that back... I guess Glee is on FOX just like American Idol right? And we've seen some connections there. Guess we'll just have to see.

It's so interesting to me how it's "okay" now to perform MJ songs, when it was so taboo for quite some time because of what the media did to his image. This takes me back to when they had an MJ theme night on American Idol, before his "death". I remember watching thinking that was SO cool, but I also thought it was strange because up until then, they hadn't done that. Looking back, it almost seems as if they knew something was going to happen. Like they were bringing more attention to MJ around that time on purpose. Maybe Mike had a hand in that though, more likely that HE knew what was going to happen than producers at FOX.

I'm getting off topic here... I think anythings possible regarding this superbowl show. It could just be a natural move because the show is so popular and the only way to get more popular is to add Michael Jackson into the mix.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Tumic Shason

Ok!
where have i been?,american idol CONNECTIONS,WOW!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hey TS, thought you were leaving?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

I used to like Glee but now they seem to have gotten a bit auto-tune enthusiastic recently! Surely Thriller will be live though?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

As a Glee Fan, I will be wtching this happily :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
-Bob Dylan[/size]

They kill every cover they do and make it into some cheesy pop song..more than it was originally.

Michael seems to have a hand in everything else....why not the biggest event on TV..again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love it, Micheal's Thriller will  rock the Superbowl... :D
[youtube:20mlu8l7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxyqTvutFPI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:20mlu8l7]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm really not a big fan of Glee. :? But I am a fan of steelers ! :D So I'll deff. be watching them win the superbowl :twisted: Hmm, exciting now that I know Thriller will be the halftime performance :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

OOh forgot about this thread haha!
Yes!Thrillerrrrrrrrrrrrrr,but I honestly wish it wasn't being sung by Glee....REALLY.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

From Us Magazine....
Airing on FOX this Sunday (February 6) after the big game, the show finds the cast paying tribute to Michael Jackson's groundbreaking "Thriller" music video in a fun-filled mashup with the Yeah Yeah Yeah's "Heads Will Roll".

During the hourlong episode, the "Glee" gang also offer up their best Katy Perry while singing out her hit song "California Gurls".

Talking about what fans can expect, an enthusiastic Amber Riley told Us magazine, "We're going to be doing a tribute to Michael Jackson. There's a full circus. It's really big."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places....and those who don\'t believe in magic will never find it" - Roald Dahl

Glee doing Thriller On Superbowl Sunday!
February 03, 2011, 08:52:04 AM
Glee will be doing "Thriller" on Superbowl Sunday right after the game.  They said there will be a special surprise that noone will see coming. They dont usually air on Sundays so this is a treat!  Wonder what the surprise is.....  :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

Spoiler!

If you can't wait till Sunday, here is the audio for the "full version" of

[youtube:28395kro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS1dh4I94As&feature=related[/youtube:28395kro]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions